Hey guys...couple questions for you all. My wife just recently got her iP4 (which is her first) and so is obviously a noob with it. I could care less about them but obviously she comes to me for help, so i'm coming to you. During calls, she seems to be hitting the mute button with her face quite a bit, which is frustrating, because i think the calls being dropped (lolzantennagate) and shes constantly having to unmute it. I'm sure there is some sort of app available for this, or it's some type of setting she needs to activate. Any suggestions?

As well..not sure if this is an iphone issue or not, but since shes gotten it, alot of her text messages are not being delivered in a timely fashion (like, 1-3 days to be exact). I know it has nothing to do with our coverage, cuz we're both on Telus and coming from her Palm Treo, these things were never an issue. Again, maybe there's a setting i should make her aware of, or is this a bigger issue?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    09-12-10 05:23 PM
    It sounds like the proximity sensory problem. Update to 4.1. It will remove any jailbreak/unlock though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 05:35 PM
    My wife just recently got her iP4
    My Sympathies.

09-12-10 07:14 PM
    If the update to 4.1 doesn't fix it, she should exchange it. Most say 4.1 fixes it, but some say it doesn't. There's also an app called Call Guard which will prevent face dialing and also tell you the spots your face is touching.

The texting problem is most likely carrier related. Never heard of that problem on iPhone before.
    09-12-10 07:18 PM
    Telus currently has a SMS issue specifically caused by iPhones.

It is a known issue and is being worked on by Telus.

09-12-10 08:08 PM
    Do you have a screen protector installed. It maybe interfering with the proximity sensor if it's too thick. The screen should go black/ non functional when it's close to your face. So you don't mute or call another person by accident.

09-12-10 08:17 PM
    My Sympathies.

Lol..i keep asking her if she's got any fart apps intalled yet, and she just tells me to shut up lol.

Telus currently has a SMS issue specifically caused by iPhones.

It is a known issue and is being worked on by Telus.

Good to know that it is carrier related then. Thanks for the heads up.

@mark_rivers - She doesnt' have a screen protector installed on her phone yet, so i know that's not the issue, cuz that was my first question to her. She's still waiting for her rubber bumber to be shipped out. She's had the phone damn near a month now, and Apple still doesn't plan on shipping it for another 2 weeks, which i'm sure it will be probably 4 weeks once shipped. Why they don't just keep those things in store is beyond me.
    09-13-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD