I did a search in the iPhone section of the forum and haven't seen a similar thread on this particular topic (if there is one, and I missed it, my apologies to the moderators and the community), but I wanted to know what jailbreak apps you have installed on your phone, and what jailbreak apps you believe are an absolute necessity.

At the moment, I have iMobileCinema (and the add on to SB settings to toggle iMobileCinema on and off), Backgrounder, Five-Column Springboard, SBSettings, Supreme Preferences, and Winterboard installed.
    07-20-09 12:26 AM
    Terminal
    OpenSSH
    Veency
    Five-Icon Dock
    RedLaser
    CyDelete
    iFile
    Docs
    iPhoneus
    Safari Download Plug-In,
    07-20-09 01:15 AM
    Five Dock - Five Icons on Dock
    IntelliScreen - Today Screen (reason I may actually jailbreak again)
    07-20-09 01:48 AM
    categories is great for organizing your apps and fontswap
    07-20-09 08:00 AM
    categories i agree.
    iWood realize theme,
    cyntacts,
    notifier,
    MakeItMine,
    iPhoneModem by addition (Bada$$-gives you great tethering with AT&T's 3G),
    Backgrounder
    07-20-09 08:59 AM
    installus!

my favorite one!
    07-20-09 11:06 AM
    Just an FYI. Supreme Preferences 3.0 does give you the option of placing up to eight icons in your dock space (I use five, just like five icon dock), and it offers you the ability to change your carrier name and banner just like Make It Mine, along with offering you the option of changing your signal strength to a numerical display (the number representing dB) rather than bars, which I've found really handy.

In regard to the numerical display, apparently the closer this number is to zero, the stronger the signal, with a signal strength of 50 or so being ideal. Usually, I see my signal strength between 70 and 75 on Edge and 85 to 100 on 3G.

I guess AT&T really does have crappy coverage in metropolitan areas. I live close to downtown Dallas, but I digress.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in regard to the options that Supreme Preferences offers. I think it's a definite "must have". (Thanks to lolstorm148 for recommending it.)
    Last edited by kaioken92; 07-20-09 at 02:46 PM.
    07-20-09 02:40 PM
    Weathericon by David Ashman.
    LockInfo by the same author and available by adding http://david.ashman.com/beta/ and http://david.ashman.com/apt/ to your sources in Cydia.
    Gruppled LockInfo here: MacThemes Forum / [Theme] Gruppled LockInfo (Formerly "Tea LockInfo")

WeatherIcon now added badges to your weather icon. The other two mentioned give you a free customizable Today screen, if your willing to fiddle with the files on your phone. Go to the macthemes2.net link above and read some of the offerings by a slew of talented people.
    07-20-09 05:32 PM
    Just an FYI. Supreme Preferences 3.0 does give you the option of placing up to eight icons in your dock space (I use five, just like five icon dock), and it offers you the ability to change your carrier name and banner just like Make It Mine, along with offering you the option of changing your signal strength to a numerical display (the number representing dB) rather than bars, which I've found really handy.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in regard to the options that Supreme Preferences offers. I think it's a definite "must have". (Thanks to lolstorm148 for recommending it.)
    i tried to install that but it said it cant...is it because i have SBSettings installed? or can they work tegether
    07-21-09 12:46 AM
    i tried to install that but it said it cant...is it because i have SBSettings installed? or can they work tegether
    If you did a search on Cydia for Supreme Preferences, most likely you pulled up Supreme Preferences 2.0 from the ModMyi Source. You appear to have an iPhone 2G, but if you updated to the 3.0 OS, then this version of Supreme Preferences will not work.

You might need to add another source to get the correct version of Supreme Preferences. Open up Cydia, go to "Manage".

Tap on "Sources".

Tap on "Edit" at the top right hand corner.

Tap on "Add" at the top left hand corner.

When the "Enter Cydia/APT URL" dialog pops up, type in the following:

"http://xsellize.com/cydia/ryfo-december3/" (minus the quotes...I didn't want to make this seem like a URL you should access from your computer)

And then click on "Okay". This should install the xSellize Source on your phone.

After installation and rebooting your phone, go back to Cydia, do a search for Supreme Preferences, and you should see Supreme Preferences 3.0. Tap on that, and install just like you would any other package.

Hope this helps.
    07-21-09 02:24 PM
    thank you sooooooo much, that worked
    07-21-09 06:06 PM
    speaking of apps, what a good photo app for editing etc, like on the commercials
    07-21-09 08:19 PM
    Snapture
    Cycorder
    SBSettings
    FiveIconDock
    iRealSMS
    07-22-09 02:19 PM

In regard to the numerical display, apparently the closer this number is to zero, the stronger the signal, with a signal strength of 50 or so being ideal. Usually, I see my signal strength between 70 and 75 on Edge and 85 to 100 on 3G.

I guess AT&T really does have crappy coverage in metropolitan areas. I live close to downtown Dallas, but I digress.

ok i cant find the db settings is their something im doing wrong ?
    also i cant find installus ?
    07-25-09 01:12 AM
    speaking of apps, what a good photo app for editing etc, like on the commercials
    I got a couple of them.

CameraBag
    PhotoForge
    Photogene

All AppStore, not cydia.
    07-25-09 01:18 AM
    categories i agree.
    iWood realize theme,
    cyntacts,
    notifier,
    MakeItMine,
    iPhoneModem by addition (Bada$$-gives you great tethering with AT&T's 3G),
    Backgrounder
    ok how did you get the iphone modem to work ?
    i cant get this to work at all. it shows im on the network but cant get on line with it ?
    07-25-09 09:15 AM
    ok how did you get the iphone modem to work ?
    i cant get this to work at all. it shows im on the network but cant get on line with it ?
    Just use PDANet a lot easier and works great. Just download Iphone version, then go to their website and download the version for your PC, works flawlessly without any issues installing it and setting it.

BTW

Must have APPs:

1-) LockInfo Matte UI (must have installed Status Notifier, LockInfo substrate and preferable Lock screen Clock Hide, all available from Cydia) - GREAT Lock screen app with all details on Lost Calls, SMS, Emails, Calendar Events and Weather detail (Don't need to have and go to OpenSSH cause you set it like a regular app in settings), you just download the LI PlugIns you want, just add to your sources : http://simonv.chronophoto.fr/cydia/

2-) Backgrounder
    07-25-09 10:44 AM
    thats what i use pda net works like a charm just thought the iphone modem was a better but not .
    thanks
    07-25-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD