Alex Riley of the BBC wrote that “I searched high and low for answers. The Bishop of Buckingham – who reads his Bible on an iPad – explained to me the similarities between Apple and a religion. And when a team of neuroscientists with an MRI scanner took a look inside the brain of an Apple fanatic it seemed the bishop was on to something. The results suggested that Apple was actually stimulating the same parts of the brain as religious imagery does in people of faith.”
    Assuming this can apply to even a portion of the Apple userbase, it would explain the "Crusades" that go on in this forum.
    05-23-11 01:05 AM
    And before you say anything, note this:

If you come in and say that the device someone bought and likes is a worthless piece of ****, that person may take that personally and feel that you are calling that person a misguided ***** for choosing that device. So yeah, that person will try to defend his or her choice.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-23-11 at 11:27 AM.
    05-23-11 01:08 AM
    Did you also believe the world was going to end on May 21st?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 08:46 AM
    I'm sure the same thing would happen with any fanboy as extreme as the one mention in the quote. I doubt this is limited to Apple fanboys.
    05-23-11 01:29 PM
    I'm sure the same thing would happen with any fanboy as extreme as the one mention in the quote. I doubt this is limited to Apple fanboys.
    That's true, but it helps explain all the posters that constantly make irrelevant anti-blackberry statements that contribute nothing helpful to the thread.

05-23-11 05:21 PM
    This makes absolutely no sense. One person posting within an APPLE forum, about "fanboys" who don't like BB's. Anyone who owns an iPhone should get out of this website and go to TiPb. The Mods here are letting the idiots run the show! Hey gahamf, i've got your fanboy, right here!
    05-23-11 06:00 PM
    It's not hard to figure these threads will start when it seems like every other thread is RIM FAIL started by apple or android fans that someone is going to post things about said thread starters choice.

But it all does get silly.
    05-23-11 06:08 PM
    That's true, but it helps explain all the posters that constantly make irrelevant anti-blackberry statements that contribute nothing helpful to the thread.

Yep. I'm sure you didn't need scientific evidence to realize this though.
    05-23-11 09:57 PM
    No, but it does allow me to solidify my request for mods to ban "crusaders."

05-23-11 10:14 PM
    Heh, I thought the bashing was already enough to solidify the request.
    05-24-11 11:52 AM
    I like Apple AND Blackberry AND I like this thread.

05-24-11 09:16 PM
    I have a religious experience when my device is on my hands.
    Oh. Wait. You're talking about phones.

Nevermind...

05-25-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD