That's what I was afraid of, the status light/notifications. That's very important to me. I wonder if there's an app for that maybe?

I just ordered my 4S, can't wait!
    No LED on the iPhone = No app.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-13-12 11:42 AM
    That's what I was afraid of, the status light/notifications. That's very important to me. I wonder if there's an app for that maybe?

No, not possible. You should cancel your iPhone order ASAP.
    02-13-12 11:49 AM
    This is entirely incorrect - you can make the led for the flash as notification via the phone settings
    02-13-12 01:06 PM
    This is entirely incorrect - you can make the led for the flash as notification via the phone settings
    If you choose this option the "flash" only flashes once, when the message arrives, there is no recurring "flash" alert. It's also very hit or miss whether it works, in my experience anyway.

02-13-12 01:09 PM
    Or you could just pick up the phone and look at it. Are smartphone users so lazy that we depend on a blinking light to tell us if we have an email or a message?
    02-14-12 09:09 AM

I get this may not be universal, but I personally loved not being a slave to the blinking LED when I gave up my Blackberry a couple of years ago. Took getting away from it to realize how much I was constantly staring at my BB because I thought I saw the light flashing.
    02-14-12 10:09 AM
    Lmao - never thought about that
    02-14-12 10:53 AM
    I personally don't miss it.
    At times it would blink when I didn't have anything pending.
    Go figure.
    Good Luck
    02-14-12 05:11 PM
    I personally don't miss it.
    At times it would blink when I didn't have anything pending.
    Go figure.
    Good Luck
    02-14-12 05:12 PM
    If you choose this option the "flash" only flashes once, when the message arrives, there is no recurring "flash" alert. It's also very hit or miss whether it works, in my experience anyway.

Phone has to be locked for camera to flash on alert. And unless you are in a dark room or staring at it you won't catch it. Every time I have my phone laying face down on the mouse pad I catch mine going off. And if it goes off when people can see it that have other devices they are like deer in headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-14-12 06:38 PM
    Or you could just pick up the phone and look at it. Are smartphone users so lazy that we depend on a blinking light to tell us if we have an email or a message?
    I agree. The only times you won't see my phone near me is when I sleep or on the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-14-12 06:43 PM
    yep i only find the blinky led light cool and convient.
    but not in that way i would look at my blinking light all the way to pick it up.
    i have my timeout from the led light on 1 minute pulsing after that it does stop blinking.
    one friend of mine had it set on disco fast, no timeout. i lolled.
    02-14-12 06:48 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD