I miss all my ringtones! And ability to cough cough yank them from SMS or emails! Plus adding files to email! Other then that I enjoy the phone. No auto resets and just mind of its own. I'm a 10 yr bb owner! So hurt my feelings I had to go to apple.
    01-27-12 11:41 PM
    That is simply not true - open contacts - touch the top center of the screen and it scrolls to the top and opens a search window
    You don't even have to use the Contacts app. Just search from spotlight.
    01-28-12 08:47 AM
    Myself I need 100% accuracy, that will never happen, 95% is as good as 0%. This is one reason, I don't use vlingo plus.
    I agree with the above statement 100%
    I'm in technical sales. My email responses are very specific.

Having said that, I use Remember The Milk which now incorporates SIRI. Wouldn't mind trying it out. I'll look at the iP5

If I bought a new phone today I would take a serious look at the Galaxy Nexus. The iP4s screen is simply too small for a touch device with no physical keyboard and pales next to the GN imo.
    01-28-12 11:32 AM
    I recently changed jobs and the new gig doesn't support BES, which is what I always had and loved it.

The new gig, I went iPhone and love it. My options with the BB were third party synch optionbs (BIS) or go Droid and use Google for a middleware solution, which I wasn't going to do. Read on Crackberry the nightmares of calendar or contact duplicates nd trying to resolve.

I barely set up and had the iPhone config'd and the download beagn. The thing I love that I never had with BB (BES) was the ability to see all of my folders and the Emails in those folders.

All in all, best move I made! Bare in mind, I've had BB for the past 4 years and loved them.

Good luck!
    01-28-12 03:09 PM
    Honestly, I do not believe BlackBerry's days are numbered; although I think they will become niche.

OLD BB: BlackBerry Bold 9700 At&t - had it for two years.

With that said, here is what my pros and cons are

Pros
    Apps are just plain better on iPhone. Larger internal memory = larger apps = more efficient/quality apps. Simple.
    Two way outlook sync - wirelessly
    Better camera/video - I now have child and this is VERY good
    iMessage - BBM for iPhone. I don't know a human without an iPhone = nuff said.
    There is an app for everything - seriously everything.

Cons
    No status light
    Notification center works, but if you look at it, all notifications are gone. I wish they stayed until I actually canceled them or looked at then separately (that is probably just me)
    Can't put files on your iphone (i.e. word docs, pdfs ect) - you have to use dropbox or some other "cloud" storage
    Can't attach files to an email - must open file in drop box, then open in doc2go (or similar app) then send to contact. And you can't send multiple files. (This is a HUGE downer for me)
    Call quality isn't as good, it isn't terrible, just not as crisp as the 9700 (this is me being picky)
    Lack of twitter/facebook/3rd party app integration
    no shortcuts (unless you jailbreak) (e.g. you have to push 4 options to turn on WIFI - I TOTALLY MISS my keyboard shortcuts! (QUICKLAUNCH!!!!)
    Battery life - you have to charge it daily. (My 9700 could get 2.5 days w/o charge - LOTS of HEAVY use - e.g. 6 email accounts, 5 twitter accounts, multiple SMS, stream music on padora for 8 hours daily) W/ iPhone you MUST be battery conscious that is a MUST

Surprises
    Learning curve for iPhone was really short.
    Apps being better (Although FB for BB was better)

SUMMARY
    Ultimately, I loss some productivity for a device that can permeate my entire life not just my business life.
    TMElectric likes this.
    01-28-12 09:56 PM
    Hey guys,

What url are you using to access CrackBerry from you iPhone's.

I have to enlarge the screen too many times when using crackberry.com.
    And mobile.crackberry.com as well as m.crackberry.com is way to big for the screen.

TIA
    01-29-12 09:17 PM
    Hey guys,

What url are you using to access CrackBerry from you iPhone's.

I have to enlarge the screen too many times when using crackberry.com.
    And mobile.crackberry.com as well as m.crackberry.com is way to big for the screen.

TIA
    check out tapatalk, i dont know if there is a free version but its worth the money.
    01-30-12 05:08 AM
    check out tapatalk, i dont know if there is a free version but its worth the money.
    Tks JF,
    I'll take a look.
    Good Luck
    01-30-12 09:46 PM
    Trying to type on the tiny BB keyboard is nowhere near 100%. I get much better accuracy on my iPhone 4s. Unfortunately, the keyboard is the BB's only advantage. It is a very primitive device that cannot even hope to compete with the 4s or even a modern Android phone.
    I cannot type on an iphone, I have a 75% error rate.

My primitive s2 works much better than an iphone for my needs. Has all of the apps I need and email handling is far and away better than the native email on the iphone. I have thousands of messages on my s2, which I can delete in a second and still have those messages available on my desktop.
    01-31-12 08:29 AM
    If you get the 4s, you can tell Siri to call the contact and she will. For people with more than one number (work, home, mobile, pager), she'll ask you which one you want to call and you select. I rarely use my contacts anymore. I just ask Siri to dial for me. I was in my new office earlier and had to call my co-worker earlier and asked Siri to do it. A few construction workers in the new office stopped to wonder where the odd female voice was coming from.

If you want to, jailbreak allows you to do this.

Again, use Siri. Not only can she set reminders and appointments, you can tell her to do something like "Remind me to set my DVR when I get home to record CSI" and when you get to your house, she'll pop up an alert to remind you to do just that. I've had her remind me to stop and get horse food at the feed store on my way home and every time, it works like a charm. I have the appointment notification tone set to a really annoying one so I don't miss it. You can also ask her "What appointments do I have on Monday?" and she'll tell you. Or you can use the notification center which is awesome.

I use mine for business all the time. I have several medical coding apps on my phone I use daily at work as well as several horse related apps I use weekly when I'm working with horses. It handles my business better than my BB ever did.
    I was very glad to read your response here to someone else because I've had a BB for almost four years now and I've been very loyal.....but all 3 of my daughters have switched to the iPhone and love it. I'm planning on switching to the iPhone 4S in a couple of weeks when my contract is FINALLY done. I don't dislike the BB or have any problems with it, I'm just bored and am really looking forward to making the switch. However, when people say they love something (like my daughters and a whoooole lotta other people) you have to find out why they love it because maybe what they love and need and want is different from what you want.

So just saying this.......I have no interest whatsoever in iTunes or music in general. I'm interested in a great web browsing experience and being able to email and text on my phone. I work from home and when I'm away from my desk I need to be able to see if I've gotten any emails from my clients, and texts from my kids are also very important.

So your post here reassures me that I'm going in the right direction.
    01-31-12 09:46 AM
    I agree with the above statement 100%
    I'm in technical sales. My email responses are very specific.

Having said that, I use Remember The Milk which now incorporates SIRI. Wouldn't mind trying it out. I'll look at the iP5

If I bought a new phone today I would take a serious look at the Galaxy Nexus. The iP4s screen is simply too small for a touch device with no physical keyboard and pales next to the GN imo.
    The problem is a larger phone than I'm used to. I really like the form factor of the S2 (not to mention it's tank like durability).
    01-31-12 10:09 AM
    I can't hold on to a phone for very long at all. I've had my iPhone 4 for 7 months and that's the longest that I can remember. I had a blackberry before that but was influenced to make the switch just like everyone else nowadays. I had tried Android but the battery life was just unacceptable for me.

After far too many embarrassing e-mails and texts from autocorrect, I'm done with the virtual keyboard. It's not the I can't type fast, I'm actually fairly speedy on my iPhone. It's the fact that I'm constantly having to backspace on certain words. I'm all about communications on my phone and the iPhone is just NOT the most efficient phone for that, the Blackberry is.

My father is getting the 9930 soon and I'll be taking over his 9650 until my upgrade is ready in April. I'm not getting rid of my iPhone, I'll just be using it like an iTouch. I do love some of the apps on it and no one can handle music better than Apple. I just need my phone to be a phone and communicate, the iPhone isn't the best option for that. I think with the combination of my Blackberry phone and an "iTouch" I'll be completely satisfied.

After having tried many phones, I think that combination is what I would suggest to anyone, ESPECIALLY now that the Blackberry 9930 has come into play.

OH! One more annoyance with my iPhone, EMAIL! My email does not arrive anywhere near as fast as it did on a Blackberry. My dad did a test with my iPhone and set up his email account on my phone and sent an email from the computer. His Blackberry received it instantly, fifteen minutes went by and we were still waiting for it on my iPhone. He just couldn't deal with that so he decided to stick with Blackberry. If having email NOW is not a priority for you, it probably wouldn't be a problem, but some people need their email in real time.
    01-31-12 07:47 PM
    See, now this worries me. The email thing is very important. The whole music thing I don't care about.
    01-31-12 08:06 PM
    See, now this worries me. The email thing is very important. The whole music thing I don't care about.
    One week on the iPhone 4S and my typing experience to sooo much better than it was on my Storm2.

I've been very impressed so far.

Good Luck
    01-31-12 08:49 PM
    I have both and to be honest the BB handles email,messaging better. I like how you can delete all emals at once, shortcut keys,and I like Berry buzz for the Led. I message is similar to BBM but not as good. Iphone has the best touchscreen out. BUT for my needs I need the 9900 keyboard. It all depends on your needs. I need messaging so for me the 9900 works better for me. Good luck with your decision.
    02-01-12 06:58 AM
    I'm probably sounding like a broken record on these forums, but if your messaging dependency includes relying on the highly-configurable Sound Profiles of Blackberry or using the LED to know if you've missed a message without having to wake the phone up and check, you won't be very happy with the iphone. It's the details like that, that seem minor but actually come into play every day, that Apple isn't very good at.

Not trying to slam the iphone, just trying to pass on the kind of information I wish I'd had when I agreed to switch for work.
    02-01-12 08:25 AM
    When I was using a blackberry I found that my iPad and iPT received my mail a second or two faster than the blackberry consistently. My mail was set up as exchange on the iDevices. I can't say that my iPhone is faster because I no longer have an activated blackberry to compare it to but if history is an indicator. My email is instant, I know that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-01-12 08:48 AM
    I use my iPhone for work email and for my own email and there isn't much of a delay. It's less than 2 minutes. I can email myself a file or a link I need to remember and it's on my iPhone within 30 seconds after the email has been sent but it's usually as soon as I hit the send button on my computer.
    02-01-12 01:06 PM
    Honestly, I do not believe BlackBerry's days are numbered; although I think they will become niche.

OLD BB: BlackBerry Bold 9700 At&t - had it for two years.

With that said, here is what my pros and cons are

Pros
    Apps are just plain better on iPhone. Larger internal memory = larger apps = more efficient/quality apps. Simple.
    Two way outlook sync - wirelessly
    Better camera/video - I now have child and this is VERY good
    iMessage - BBM for iPhone. I don't know a human without an iPhone = nuff said.
    There is an app for everything - seriously everything.

Cons
    No status light
    Notification center works, but if you look at it, all notifications are gone. I wish they stayed until I actually canceled them or looked at then separately (that is probably just me)
    Can't put files on your iphone (i.e. word docs, pdfs ect) - you have to use dropbox or some other "cloud" storage
    Can't attach files to an email - must open file in drop box, then open in doc2go (or similar app) then send to contact. And you can't send multiple files. (This is a HUGE downer for me)
    Call quality isn't as good, it isn't terrible, just not as crisp as the 9700 (this is me being picky)
    Lack of twitter/facebook/3rd party app integration
    no shortcuts (unless you jailbreak) (e.g. you have to push 4 options to turn on WIFI - I TOTALLY MISS my keyboard shortcuts! (QUICKLAUNCH!!!!)
    Battery life - you have to charge it daily. (My 9700 could get 2.5 days w/o charge - LOTS of HEAVY use - e.g. 6 email accounts, 5 twitter accounts, multiple SMS, stream music on padora for 8 hours daily) W/ iPhone you MUST be battery conscious that is a MUST

Surprises
    Learning curve for iPhone was really short.
    Apps being better (Although FB for BB was better)

SUMMARY
    Ultimately, I loss some productivity for a device that can permeate my entire life not just my business life.
    Very well said....especially the summary.
    02-01-12 01:37 PM
    Cons

SUMMARY
    Just a thought, have you purchased PDF Reader Pro and the iWork suite? I have all my documents on my phone natively and send from within the document. It is amazing and iWork handles MS Word, Excel, and PP files very well. Just thought I would toss it there as a suggestion.

As for the call quality, I am noticing that if the BB was a 10, my iPhone is a 9.8. It is so slight that I don't really notice most of the time. I do very rarely get a tin can sound but it goes away, so that is the only thing that drops my iPhone experience down to a 9.8. The one thing I will say is that the iPhone reception is much better than my 9780. I get reception in areas that I only had 1 or even no bars from my 9780 before. Same network, just better reception and those areas are 2 or 3 bars better.

As for battery, I turned off Ping. I use Edge only, unless I want to sit in an airport and browse the internet, but then they most likely have Wifi. With Edge I easily get a full day out of my phone. I use about 5000 mins a month talking and receive a number of emails and texts per day like everyone else. I am probably above average user but don't know. iPhone 4S with Edge has something like a 14 hour talk time and crushes the BB, which is good for me.

In any case, good luck.
    Last edited by Caymancroc; 02-01-12 at 10:22 PM.
    02-01-12 10:19 PM
    I guess it all depends on what you are using it for. I have been a Blackberry user for 6 years, and I just bought my Iphone 4s a few days; and I absolutely adore it. But I am not a power user; I use the phone for text messages, emails, playing games, and social networking, also as a weight loss tracker, and music.
    I really liked Blackberry, but I don't think it was for me. I never utilized it, I didn't even use BBM at all.
    I'm not sure of all the capabilities of the Ipod Touch, but have you considered that, and then keeping your Blackberry? Or, like someone else said, testing an Android phone as well?
    I say test it out and see what you like.
    02-05-12 04:23 AM
    Just make a big jump from bb to iphone4 last week,and i am really love it so far so good

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 09:30 AM
    I guess it all depends on what you are using it for. I have been a Blackberry user for 6 years, and I just bought my Iphone 4s a few days; and I absolutely adore it. But I am not a power user; I use the phone for text messages, emails, playing games, and social networking, also as a weight loss tracker, and music.
    I really liked Blackberry, but I don't think it was for me. I never utilized it, I didn't even use BBM at all.
    I'm not sure of all the capabilities of the Ipod Touch, but have you considered that, and then keeping your Blackberry? Or, like someone else said, testing an Android phone as well?
    I say test it out and see what you like.
    I use my BB for music, photography, light surfing, games. I don't do social networking. I use my ipad for an internet media device. If it wasn't the ipad, it would have been the playbook. Given 3 viphones in the family, I keep wondering what would make it worth it to update my S2 to 4s. Maybe then the next iphone comes out, it will be a clearer decision.
    02-05-12 10:14 AM
    I'm running an iPhone 4S and a BB 9900 side by side for the week. The lack of a status light on the iPhone is killing me. I get tons of emails per day, and I need to be able to glance at my device and tell what, if anything, is waiting for me. That highly customizable LED light on my BB rules and singlehandedly is keeping me from switching. On this iPhone, without noise or vibration (which are both no-no's in certain meetings), the iPhone is pitch black. Sigh.
    02-13-12 10:21 AM
    That's what I was afraid of, the status light/notifications. That's very important to me. I wonder if there's an app for that maybe?

I just ordered my 4S, can't wait!
    02-13-12 11:22 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD