I clearly have a love hate relationship with IOS. Today is a day it's a hate relationship and I am not calm when it doesn't work like me and I can't do what I need to do.
    battery problems? lol mine sucks gas like a V8
    11-03-11 01:29 PM
    Mostly the browser. There are days when the thing has a mind of it's own and opens everything I don't need to see. Of course I am hitting the wrong part of the screen, but after 5 months one would think I could work with it a little better.

Of course I could be a luddite at heart.
    11-03-11 02:52 PM
    Led. Notification and the keyboard
    11-03-11 05:11 PM
    battery problems? lol mine sucks gas like a V8
    Mine does also, like a thirsty v8. On the other hand, I can get many hours of use for what I believe is 80% of my laptop. I'm anal about charging every night, but at the end of the day it could be at 60% or less, enough to last one more day.

I'll give it the battery life for my use is pretty good, but I find sometimes I can lose 20% in an hour, although this is not the norm.
    11-03-11 09:35 PM
    On the other hand iphone owners are always slooow to reply to emails or texts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because we're slow getting the emails lol
    11-04-11 12:06 AM
    I just switched to a 4S this morning from using blackberry for 4yrs, and I have to say I don't miss the led noti light.

11-04-11 03:18 PM
    I just switched to a 4S this morning from using blackberry for 4yrs, and I have to say I don't miss the led noti light.

good stay away from the red light...we are no longer slaves lol
    11-04-11 03:35 PM
    good stay away from the red light...we are no longer slaves lol
    Lmao, oh you are just relentless Sj !!

And ya know I thought I'd end up being a total spaz without a physical keypad anymore and I've surprised myself lol. I've been doin pretty good typing on the screen I guess using my iPad all this time has 'conditioned' me lol.

11-04-11 03:40 PM
    Lmao, oh you are just relentless Sj !!

And ya know I thought I'd end up being a total spaz without a physical keypad anymore and I've surprised myself lol. I've been doin pretty good typing on the screen I guess using my iPad all this time has 'conditioned' me lol.

that is exactly what it is. i had my storm 2 and my ipod touch to help me. the ipod is what pushed me even further into the grip of apple lol
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 03:51 PM
    my ipod touch love made me realize i would like the iphone. i dont miss the keyboard anymore. i type very fast on this thing..w/o mistakes either. you see me typing with both of my thumbs. i prefer potrait mode cuz i hold it like i would hold a blackberry...i love typing on this screen.
    11-04-11 03:58 PM
    I type really fast on the iPhone virtual keyboard, especially with auto correct and the shortcuts. I love it!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 06:31 PM
    Auto correct is better on iPhone iOS than the blackberry.....no doubt about that
    11-04-11 06:36 PM
    my ipod touch love made me realize i would like the iphone. i dont miss the keyboard anymore. i type very fast on this thing..w/o mistakes either. you see me typing with both of my thumbs. i prefer potrait mode cuz i hold it like i would hold a blackberry...i love typing on this screen.
    Virtual keyboards have improved greatly in the last four years to the point of possibly forcing keyboards into obsolescence. At least, I think it does in the realm of high end, or flagship devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 06:31 PM
    I type really fast on the iPhone virtual keyboard, especially with auto correct and the shortcuts. I love it!
    I played with an iPod touch for the first time, last year. Typing didn't require an acclimation period. Granted, I only miss the ability to quicken latency when I was on Android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 06:34 PM
    yes that is accurate
    11-05-11 07:02 PM
    I have better success it must be said with the keyboard in landscape mode. Further to that, I have turned off auto-correct on my iPhone - while keeping the spellchecker active.
    I found some of the 'corrections' the device offers are regional, bizarre or just plain obtuse - and this not always on words that might be user-specific. I found could often miss the changes when whipping together a quick text or email. Disabling each 'correction' as it pops up - or forcing a real correction - is time consuming, too.

I get that the iPhone will eventually 'learn' a user's preferences, but not prepared to futz about til then. Give me the squiggly red line with spellcheck - that's fine by me!
    11-06-11 09:02 AM
    I thought I would miss the BB keyboard and that typing on a touchscreen would be slow and horrible, but I have to admit that isn't remotely the case on the iPhone. It's a slick keyboard, auto correct works well for me, and the option to speak your texts/emails is genius. I only type out my emails and mostly use the speech to text for my sms and notes. It's a brilliant time saver.

I still would kill for a longpress caps feature on the iPhone. That and sound profiles are the only two things I miss these days. Small price to pay for the gazillion things the iPhone does so well. It actually lived up to the hype.
    11-06-11 01:15 PM
    I thought I would miss the BB keyboard and that typing on a touchscreen would be slow and horrible, but I have to admit that isn't remotely the case on the iPhone. It's a slick keyboard, auto correct works well for me, and the option to speak your texts/emails is genius. I only type out my emails and mostly use the speech to text for my sms and notes. It's a brilliant time saver.

I still would kill for a longpress caps feature on the iPhone. That and sound profiles are the only two things I miss these days. Small price to pay for the gazillion things the iPhone does so well. It actually lived up to the hype.
    It is slow and horrible lol. Typing on the ipad is atrocious. Surepress/suretype is much better, for me.
    11-06-11 04:10 PM
    It is slow and horrible lol. Typing on the ipad is atrocious. Surepress/suretype is much better, for me.
    I would agree with you on that one. My wife's iPad is a pain in the arse to type on, I think that has more to do with the large format of the keyboard. It's all hunt and peck on the iPad. My thumb typing is alive and well on the iPhone.
    11-06-11 06:40 PM
    I would agree with you on that one. My wife's iPad is a pain in the arse to type on, I think that has more to do with the large format of the keyboard. It's all hunt and peck on the iPad. My thumb typing is alive and well on the iPhone.
    Didn't they split the keyboard into 2 (left and right) in the iOS 5 so that you can use both thumbs now? I could be wrong.
    11-06-11 07:18 PM
    Didn't they split the keyboard into 2 (left and right) in the iOS 5 so that you can use both thumbs now? I could be wrong.
    yup they did. still annoying to type on lol
    11-06-11 07:25 PM
    i'll be honest with you, i've had my iPad for almost 2yrs(?) now, and i use to feel the same way about trying to type on it. then within the past few months, i just suddenly 'adapted' to it and i can fly on it now.

As for the 4S keypad, typing on this thing is a sheer breeze indeed coming from a 9650 i thought i was going to have issues, lol, but i've surprised myself and can actually type quicker on my 4S than i ever did on my 9650, and i was pretty quick on the 9650 !!
    11-06-11 07:33 PM
    Love typing on the iPhone! It took me a solid week or two to really get used to typing with my thumbs on the iPhone, but now it's super easy and much better than my 9800!
    11-06-11 08:05 PM
    Some way to connect with BBM users
    11-07-11 03:37 PM
    Sound profiles! Not being able to customize sounds and vibrations for different situations is driving me crazy.

Also, the ability to choose picture and especially video resolution. 1080 videos are HUGE!

And, USB mode. It was much easier for me to add music, ringtones, and other files (or remove them) on my BB using USB mode on whatever computer I was using, than having to use itunes from only one PC (or risk deleting everything from the phone that isn't on that particular PC).

Apple seems really good at coming up with new "sexy" features, while overlooking the little everyday things that wouldn't be very difficult to implement but would make life much easier, while Blackberry is just the opposite.
    11-08-11 10:42 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD