So far I'm diggin my 3gs - but have a few questions.

On my BB I can set up various sound profiles (quiet, vibrate, normal etc) - can I do that with the iPhone - I can't seem to find a way.

I can assign various sounds to each email account when I get an email so I know what email account got the email - is there a way to do that with the iPhone?

How do I move my icons on my screens around?

I guess there's no way to set up "in-holster/out of-holster" sound profiles huh - since the iPhone doesn't seem to have that functionality - unless I'm missing something?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Oj467; 07-10-09 at 11:08 AM.
    07-10-09 11:05 AM
    Settings -> Sounds

The profile setting on the iphone is pretty bland.. it's not as extensive as the Blackberry.. you can't have separate sounds for the email accounts.. it's either on, (beep), or off.

To move icons, press and hold the icon, it'll start wiggling with an X, you can drag the icon to the left/right of the screen and just hold it and it'll scroll through the various screens.

And no in holster/outta holster.
    07-10-09 11:11 AM
    So far I'm diggin my 3gs - but have a few questions.

On my BB I can set up various sound profiles (quiet, vibrate, normal etc) - can I do that with the iPhone - I can't seem to find a way.

I can assign various sounds to each email account when I get an email so I know what email account got the email - is there a way to do that with the iPhone?

How do I move my icons on my screens around?

I guess there's no way to set up "in-holster/out of-holster" sound profiles huh - since the iPhone doesn't seem to have that functionality - unless I'm missing something?

Thanks!
    Don't know about the sound profiles other then normal/off with the switch. I'll look into it though.

Moving icons around on your screen is as simple as resting your finger on any icon until they start to jiggle then just drag them where you want them. If you press the 'X' on the icon it will uninstall that App.
    07-10-09 11:11 AM
    MyProfiles - Rock Your Phone

First thing I've found that looks legit. Requires you to jailbreak your phone though. Reason for this being it's a 3rd party app that needs to run in the background to manage your profiles.

**EDIT**

Above App and everything from rockyourphone.com is not compatible with the 3GS, yet.
    Last edited by Jeli; 07-10-09 at 11:32 AM.
    07-10-09 11:16 AM
    i have the same desires as oj467 and i am on the edge of my seat waiting for "rock your phone" to be 3gs compatible
    07-10-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD