Co-worker just purchased a new iPhone 4 and a few days after his back light wont work, at all.
    as anyone else come across the problem?
    07-13-10 10:47 PM
    I haven't seen any other reports of a failed backlight. Electronics always have some bad units make it off the assembly line -- your co-worker needs to do a warranty exchange on the phone just like any other device purchased which breaks a few days after buying.
    Last edited by Duvi; 07-14-10 at 01:08 AM. Reason: what??? =)
    07-13-10 11:42 PM
    I haven't heard about this anywhere either. I'm guessing it's just a run of the mill bad unit that should be swapped out.
    07-13-10 11:44 PM
    Some people are seriously hurt by this apple circus lol.
    To OP it could happen to any phone. It's electronics like Ij said. Just tell your friend to exchange it and get another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 12:12 AM
    Because one backlight stop working, it's an iPhone 4 problem? Seriously. As everyone stated it's probably just a bad unit. I'm pretty sure if this was a widespread issue, consumer reports, BGR, Engadget, Gizmodo etc would be all over this too.
    07-14-10 10:06 AM
    So why come here for answers........
    07-14-10 10:09 PM
    You people have some serious issues. I asked if anyone else was having the problem... I didn't come here and say "Friends backlight wont work, it's the next antenna problem."
    Apparently, it's only his, and of course he took it back for an exchange. Get over yourself and quit being so defensive.
    07-15-10 12:27 AM
    You people have some serious issues. I asked if anyone else was having the problem... I didn't come here and say "Friends backlight wont work, it's the next antenna problem."
    Apparently, it's only his, and of course he took it back for an exchange. Get over yourself and quit being so defensive.
    It's the old problem of inferring intent from black and white text.
    When I read your OP, I realized it could be seen as an honest question, or as yet another troll post. There are a lot trolls in this section lately.
    If someone doesn't know you, they're not sure of your motives.

We're all different, and have to learn to get along in the sandbox.

P.S. Please don't lump me in with 'You People'.
    07-15-10 06:24 AM
    When I read your OP, I realized it could be seen as an honest question, or as yet another troll post. There are a lot trolls in this section lately.

What he said reinforced with a mod stick!
    07-15-10 09:14 AM

Agreed but with a post that was short and quick to the point it should be taken as an honest question unless proven otherwise. Its a forum so people would know best here but people are hyper defensive even over one question.

07-15-10 10:19 AM
    Agreed but with a post that was short and quick to the point it should be taken as an honest question unless proven otherwise. Its a forum so people would know best here but people are hyper defensive even over one question.

lol, I left this part out intentionally... Perhaps you've noticed that some people get very defensive about their devices? (No matter what brand).

Apple and the iP4 have been taking a lot of criticism lately. (justifiably, in my opinion). Some people take it personally.
    07-15-10 10:33 AM
    I considered it a troll post because I have seen past post from this op, and already know his stance on the iPhone. Also I have never ever seen him post in this section before so it was kind of out of the norm to see him start a problem subject based off of a "friends" problem, just "trying" to see if others were experiencing this. Like really why would you care?
    07-16-10 10:28 PM
    Wow. Big conspiracy.

07-16-10 10:58 PM
    Nobody knows a troll like the prince of pissing matches. I think Ben Franklin said that.
    07-16-10 11:04 PM
    Be nice...........

07-16-10 11:12 PM
    Sorry, I'm trying.
    07-16-10 11:29 PM
    Sorry, I'm trying.
    LOL. I know what you mean. :-)

07-17-10 04:18 AM
    Chech my signature march the last statement to be exact. That works great for me. When you just never reply to peoples blatant stabs at you it tends to anger them more and bring the childlike comments out of them. You should really try it sometime. Then your whole trying thing will turn into actual action. Believe it or not it isn't hard at all either.
    07-17-10 04:52 AM
    I think it's the title of the OP's post more then anything. The post sounds like a legit question but the title makes it sound like it is going to be a troll/pissing match thread.
    07-17-10 04:53 AM
    Chech my signature march the last statement to be exact. That works great for me. When you just never reply to peoples blatant stabs at you it tends to anger them more and bring the childlike comments out of them. You should really try it sometime. Then your whole trying thing will turn into actual action. Believe it or not it isn't hard at all either.
    4:30am eh? I'm having municipal bi-law issues with the building of our new home. That's MY excuse.... Why can't YOU guys sleep? :-)

07-17-10 05:40 AM
    Sorry, if Motorola pulled this, =fail....it is good apple has fannies!
    07-17-10 05:42 AM
    4:30am eh? I'm having municipal bi-law issues with the building of our new home. That's MY excuse.... Why can't YOU guys sleep? :-)

In the field for deployment exercises my day starts at 0430 until Tuesday pretty much sucks luckily I can keep my phone.
    07-17-10 05:45 AM
    glad for that! Plastic is fantastic eh?
    07-17-10 05:46 AM
    I love apple, except for their failures lol!
    07-17-10 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD