http://www.tipb.com/2010/05/11/apples-mobileme-free/

This would be great for this to be free. I hope they make it happen.

Snippet:

"Theres a rumor making the rounds that Apples MobileMe service could be going free sooner than later depends on certain facilities going operational. (Perhaps a reference to the massive server facility Apples building in North Carolina.)"
    05-11-10 10:52 AM
    Mobile ME would be amazing if it came standard on iPhones.

That would completely and totally seal the gap between what most blundering Berry users gripe and hold over iPhone users heads.

Besides a hardware keyboard of course
    05-11-10 11:02 AM
    Mobile ME would be amazing if it came standard on iPhones.

That would completely and totally seal the gap between what most blundering Berry users gripe and hold over iPhone users heads.

Besides a hardware keyboard of course
    We get that and iChat then blackberry users only rebuttal is "We'll we have better battery life". LOLOLOLOL
    05-11-10 11:19 AM
    We get that and iChat then blackberry users only rebuttal is "We'll we have better battery life". LOLOLOLOL
    Or in the case of the Storm... "we can easily switch out the battery"
    05-11-10 12:02 PM
    Honestly after forking out for a Macbook Pro and iPhone I'm surprised that mobile me isn't included. I mean for non-apple users MAYBE, but I think it would be great to at least add mobile me as an incentive to purchase an Apple product.
    05-11-10 01:23 PM
    Honestly after forking out for a Macbook Pro and iPhone I'm surprised that mobile me isn't included. I mean for non-apple users MAYBE, but I think it would be great to at least add mobile me as an incentive to purchase an Apple product.
    Agreed. I bought my mobileme membership for cheap off ebay for 50 bucks. But I would have rather not paid anything. But I could def see Apple doing this to make their device and products more attractive. This is why I like the competition. It forces each company to go a step further to attract customers. And that usually means lower prices and better products for the consumer.
    05-11-10 01:47 PM
    Hope it happens soon, I have to re-up next month. LOL
    05-11-10 01:53 PM
    It would be nice. As I recall, it had a few features I thought were interesting or useful, but nothing I need enough to pay for. Free is good.

I wonder if it would be similar to what Blackberry did with BES, and then the 'Express' version they launched recently? As in the free version would not have ALL the features of the paid version?
    05-11-10 04:10 PM
    come on people.. Has apple ever given anything away for free..... NO, so dont hold your breath on this one...

I am an iphone and BB user - so dont start with the BB fanboy crap..

Thx
    05-11-10 04:28 PM
    come on people.. Has apple ever given anything away for free..... NO, so dont hold your breath on this one...

Thx
    Back in the day iTools which was the precursor to MoMe was free. I think that there is a very good chance that this is going to happen, Apple is not really making that much money off of MoMe as only hardcore mac users like myself feel that it is worth the money. Honestly I don't see 100 bucks a year too much to pay for the services that I get, but I sure would like to have it free.
    05-11-10 04:46 PM
    Back in the day iTools which was the precursor to MoMe was free. I think that there is a very good chance that this is going to happen, Apple is not really making that much money off of MoMe as only hardcore mac users like myself feel that it is worth the money. Honestly I don't see 100 bucks a year too much to pay for the services that I get, but I sure would like to have it free.
    I am not saying that $100 a year is to much, actually i think that its a great deal. I was just saying that i dont think apple is going to give MoMe away for free, or at least untill they have a new software to takes its place. Then the new software will be $100 a year and MoMe will be free.. Maybe i am wrong, but its all speculation at this point..
    05-11-10 04:57 PM
    that would be awesome if it was free..

i happen to like it and i have it.. if it was even $25 i could see paying for it but $100 is a bit muchh. sniffs.
    05-11-10 05:08 PM
    I can see it being free, as there are more and more options coming along that are similar but free options. Gmail for one- theyre now full Exchange. It doesnt do iDisk and such, but its a nearly full push email/calendar and contact sync solution. there are also free fill-in services like dropbox which replace iDisk.

I have a feeling they want to get their services out there to people and its not all about the subscription fee. Google still makes money and offers free gmail, so its 100% possible to offer.

I have a feeling if they make it free itll be free if you purchase an Apple product-mac or iphone, and not free to everyone out there. I cant say Id use it if it was free though, I have a personal Exchange account and a free gmail Exchange account which do the job. I dont see a reason to change email address now at this point really to use Apple's service.

I dont think $100/year is a lot though. Divide that by 12 months ($8.30/month) and then go look what a hosted Exchange service costs. Mobileme is actually cheaper than most hosted services. You can even get Mobileme cheaper on ebay or Amazon for around $70, which is only $5.83/month. You can barely get a fast food meal these days for that.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-11-10 at 05:11 PM.
    05-11-10 05:09 PM
    I am not saying that $100 a year is to much, actually i think that its a great deal. I was just saying that i dont think apple is going to give MoMe away for free, or at least untill they have a new software to takes its place. Then the new software will be $100 a year and MoMe will be free.. Maybe i am wrong, but its all speculation at this point..
    I think the idea behind the rumor was that very basic and minimum features would be free but for full blown mobileme service it would cost. I could see that happening if Apple wants to really make their product an all-in one solution to a person's mobile needs. But who knows.
    05-11-10 06:18 PM
    MobileMe is awesome, I love it...even paying for it ($30/year) is sooo worth it!
    05-11-10 06:30 PM
    i dont mind if its free, so long as the service doesnt suffer for it.
    05-11-10 06:36 PM
    MobileMe is awesome, I love it...even paying for it ($30/year) is sooo worth it!
    Do you pay $30 a year?

If so, good deal. I'm looking to re up now. My account has expired. I'm looking around for the best deal.
    05-11-10 06:50 PM
    I like Mobile ME and had paid for two years in advance. Two weeks ago I got a refund for my two years.

Mobile ME on Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox is bloody slow, period. And let's not talk about not being able to add reminders to Calendar items online. Seriously?

Apple have a bit of work to do here. Now of course FindMyiPhone is priceless. I now use Google Apps and Nuevasync!?! Best of both worlds, sync and a remote wipe option...
    05-11-10 08:48 PM
    And if you rent yourself an assistant to carry a portable generator and follow you around all day so you could plug in your iphone any time you need to-- then the BB people would have absolutely nothing to say!

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaa
    Lolololololololol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:17 AM
    These jokers (Jobs and his thieves) charge like 80 bucks for their crappy service here in Canada. P-lease!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:21 AM

Thx
    Pretty sure macs ship with more free stuff then pcs do. Garageband, iDvd, iPhoto etc. All excellent programs and fully usable (none of that trial crap).
    05-13-10 08:30 AM
    Not to mention the giveaways when they open a brand new Apple store...
    05-13-10 12:37 PM
    I love it!!!!
    What do you love? trying to boost your post count maybe. LOL JK Your new here so I guess I can cut you some slack.
    05-14-10 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD