So are there no mobile security apps for iPhone? Android and BlackBerry both have multiple options, I use LooOut on mine. I'm not necessarily looking for an antivirus, more the contact/picture back up and GPS locator incase lost/stolen. I used the search function, but found nothing under mobile security. Any suggestions?
    10-11-10 11:41 PM
    Look into MobileMe.
    10-11-10 11:58 PM
    What ROO said. Mobileme, it is an Apple provided pay service that provides location services for a lost/stolen iphone. It can also provide remote wipe capability.
    10-12-10 08:10 AM
    On top of that, it will also provide you a backup of your contacts, calendar, and bookmarks real-time. So if your phone is lost or stolen, it is easy to locate and wipe, and then when you get your replacement you can easily have them back on your phone in 5 minutes.

Excellent tool.
    10-12-10 08:38 AM
    So the way you guys talk about it leads me to believe that it's not an app. Also, one of you mentioned that it's a "pay service", does that mean it's a onetime payment, or is there some monthly fee associated with this service? I know LookOut is currently working on getting into the Apple market, but knowing the proprietary nature of the "i", I'm not holding my breath.

ps> Thanks for the responses guys/gals!
    10-12-10 12:50 PM
    $100.00 per year. Go to www.me.com for details.
    10-12-10 01:29 PM
    There are apps that will locate your phone for you. They're not as elegant or as feature packed as mobileme though. You can usually find mobileme for around $60-70 on eBay. It also offers a 3 month trial if you want to see what it does.
    10-12-10 01:36 PM
    Good to know Roo. Thank you for when my renewal is up.
    10-12-10 02:10 PM
    I know LookOut is currently working on getting into the Apple market, but knowing the proprietary nature of the "i", I'm not holding my breath.

ps> Thanks for the responses guys/gals!
    Recently, like in the last month, Apple has begun allowing a lot of stuff they didn't before. Whether this has anything to do with the Justice Department or whatever, who knows. There are apps that offer the "find phone" functionality. I think the most popular one is the aptly titled "FoneHome," which also garners 4 stars, which is pretty good.
    10-12-10 02:16 PM
    Interesting, alright, thanks for the replies again, I'll have to check out this "FoneHome".
    10-12-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD