As the title reads, is it worth it. I bought it with my phone and haven't opened it yet. It was 30 dollars off so I figured better get it now if i need it. I just sync'd everything from my bb to iphone thru itunes. I dont think I really need mobile me. What are your opinions?? Thanks again.
    07-01-09 10:51 PM
    I LOVE my .me account...
    If you don't want it I'll buy it...
    Where did u get it for that much off?
    07-01-09 11:22 PM
    I LOVE my .me account...
    If you don't want it I'll buy it...
    Where did u get it for that much off?
    What does it do for you that an Exchange account + a few push accounts dont?

besides the Find Me! feature.. lol
    07-01-09 11:40 PM
    to be honest in my opinion the only way a mobile me account is worth it is if you run a mac as well..

it integrates really nicely when your running the iphone + mac

but if you don't care about that integration its not a big deal..

you also get a small bit of webspace if your interested in having your own website..

really its nothing ground shattering and not really worth paying for in my opinion..

as you can accomplish most the tasks without it..
    07-02-09 12:25 AM
    alright so I decided to try everything today , Iphone 3GS and Mobile Me

Signed up and got everything organized, no push
    to my pop account with DSL bell sympatico

got in touch with apple chat service on the website ..
    no deal , not working, it simply would not push
    even though it was enabled.

iphone is fine-ish, but not having push email is not fine
    got sick and tired of trying to make second, Third best

service perform better .. 3-4 hrs of this non sense
    I am done. reset Iphone 3GS, turned off data plan

cancelled mobile me

iphone up for sale .. to the first one who wants it.

Back to BB, no probs everything just works.

Goes to bed, no headache. zzz
    07-02-09 01:00 AM
    alright so I decided to try everything today , Iphone 3GS and Mobile Me

Signed up and got everything organized, no push
    to my pop account with DSL bell sympatico

got in touch with apple chat service on the website ..
    no deal , not working, it simply would not push
    even though it was enabled.

iphone is fine-ish, but not having push email is not fine
    got sick and tired of trying to make second, Third best

service perform better .. 3-4 hrs of this non sense
    I am done. reset Iphone 3GS, turned off data plan

cancelled mobile me

iphone up for sale .. to the first one who wants it.

Back to BB, no probs everything just works.

Goes to bed, no headache. zzz
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll take it for $200

OP: MobileMe will probably not benefit you unless you want push email.

There are other good features like contact and calendar sync -- never have to worry if you lose your device.

Also, if you lose your device you can use the "Find my iPhone" feature in which it would send a message (of your choosing) to the device and play a sound (even on vibrate/silent). If you are not successful, you can wipe it remotely.

You also get storage for your media/photos (a lot of storage, forget the number right now).

You can upload pics/videos straight to MobileMe.

Not saying it's worth it as that it is up to you and your needs.
    07-02-09 01:38 AM
    to be honest in my opinion the only way a mobile me account is worth it is if you run a mac as well..

you also get a small bit of webspace if your interested in having your own website..

really its nothing ground shattering and not really worth paying for in my opinion..

Ya I'm a mac user...
    SO that why i love it ...
    Wishing I had iPhone.. ATT sucks too bad for coverage
    07-02-09 03:22 AM

MobileMe works great with my PC, syncs contacts and calendars with Outlook (yahoo, windows contacts, Google)..all over the AIR once ALL push... iDisk is fantastic..

Have you used MobileMe for 30 days or so? I mean really relied upon it? Do you have an iPhone?
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 07-02-09 at 09:17 AM.
    07-02-09 09:12 AM
    i like the concept of mobile me, but the last time i used it, it screwedd up all my email! i rely heavily on outlook to maintain copies of my messages and such. i like having them stored locally and not just on somone elses server so to speak. for some reason, with mobile me, i couldnt forward the accts right and i couldnt access anything it seemed. really weird. i'm thinking of trying it again though, just to see if its back up to par so to speak.
    07-02-09 01:15 PM
    I just re-up'd for another year. Not only does it make for an extremely smooth way of getting photos/videos up (from either Aperture or iPhone), but the sync for my wife's and I calendars is great. No more guessing if she or I have something going on that would cause a scheduling conflict.

Push is almost instant.

I just think it should be less $$$.
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 07-02-09 at 07:24 PM.
    07-02-09 07:22 PM
    MobileMe is awesome, granted I use a Mac.

It integrates your iPhone to your Mac flawlessly and wireless sync + iDisk is beautiful.

Everything else is just icing on the cake; web space, email, find my iphone, etc.

It's $99 a year before any discounts which comes out to $8.25 a month. That's nothing.

When MobileMe debuted it was buggy and didn't offer as much as it does today, so back then it probably wasn't worth it. With the upcoming release of the iDisk App, Mobile Me will be mandatory in my book.
    07-02-09 08:09 PM
    well, i signed back up today. so far i'm really enjoying its features. i cant forward my free yahoo acct, but gmail and my business yahoo acct were no problem. we'll see how it goes. i did play with the find my phone deal and that was pretty cool!
    07-03-09 01:35 AM
    MobileMe works great with my PC, syncs contacts and calendars with Outlook (yahoo, windows contacts, Google)..all over the AIR once ALL push... iDisk is fantastic..

Have you used MobileMe for 30 days or so? I mean really relied upon it? Do you have an iPhone?

yes I had a iphone for a long time and I had mobile me for a decent amount of time...

just didn't need it to much really I ended up being able to accomplish all of whats there without it..

I found a free exchange email which provided near push I had a application that synced things up.. all for free...

I have webspace with completely and 100 percent unlimited space which I have a "idisc" type thing which I never use anyway because I just ftp..

but none the less I prefer to not pay for things that are offered free elsewhere..

especially because I already pay for webspace for websites that I run..

mind you some of the things you may need to be a bit more technical savvy to get working properly but none the less I did it for free and think that the price is way to high for what you get

but it does definitely integrate better on a mac then a pc but thats for obvious reasons....
    07-03-09 02:06 AM
    Correct me if i'm wrong, If I use Mobile Me I cannot use the free hotmail and yahoo accounts. I can use my outlook pop 3 e-mail and thats it.
    07-03-09 08:30 AM
    How do you sync mobile me with your other email accounts ie, gmail or work microsoft exchange/outlook? Thanks

i tried a search but can't find it
    07-03-09 09:01 AM
    How do you sync mobile me with your other email accounts ie, gmail or work microsoft exchange/outlook? Thanks

i tried a search but can't find it
    If you setup up your email accounts on Outlook and have mobileme set up on your computer then they will be pushed to your phone. If you don't have them setup on outlook then you will need to have them forwarded to your mobileme address for it to push to your phone.
    07-03-09 09:08 AM
    As the title reads, is it worth it. I bought it with my phone and haven't opened it yet. It was 30 dollars off so I figured better get it now if i need it. I just sync'd everything from my bb to iphone thru itunes. I dont think I really need mobile me. What are your opinions?? Thanks again.
    MobileMe is good if you have a lot of things going on with email, contacts and calendar entries and you are not always at the computer to keep info synced. I use to hate when something happens to my device and I didn't sync it in a week and phone numbers and calendar entries that I put in during that week were lost so I lost important info. But if you are ok with manually syncing your info often, then it's probably not needed. During my trial period I have found, that I do not need it, but it's something good to have because I hate losing info. But that's me.
    07-03-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD