Morning all -

With the news from yesterday, and more importantly the iCloud portion, are you going to keep \ use more your Mobile ME email account? And once iCloud is released convert over?

I'm merely curious, okay fine, I'm just nosy
    06-07-11 07:11 AM
    I saw an article that Mobile Me folks we getting refunds for this years cost. It will certainly be interesting as we get more iCloud goodies. Reportedly Apple paid 4.5mm for the name icloud.com

P.S. Mobile ME is EOL......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-07-11 at 07:21 AM.
    06-07-11 07:19 AM
    They are sending out emails regarding MobileMe. Your me.com address will transfer over to iCloud and services will as well. You must convert by June 30, 2012, and if you are a current MobileMe user, the service is free until then. MobileMe will go offline on July 1, 2012.
    06-07-11 07:46 AM
    Yes, I received my email.

I was more curious to the current Mobile ME (@me.com) users that will CONTINUE with their email address, i.e. convert it to an iCloud, and continue as is, or get something else, like GMail, Yahoo, etc...
    06-07-11 07:56 AM
    I'll be keeping my @me address. Love the service, whatever the costs change to, I'm on board with it. Not that fussed about the online music storage though.
    06-08-11 06:42 PM
    Gotcha, navi. I will keep my @me.com address because it is the one I register all of my Apple subscription services to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 10:11 PM
    I tried about a year ago to have my iTunes account use my Mobile ME email address. And it would never work.

I was really baffled about that.

Gotcha, navi. I will keep my @me.com address because it is the one I register all of my Apple subscription services to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 07:09 AM
    My iTunes email is not the @me.com address.
    06-09-11 08:06 AM
    LOL - it would help if I wasn't rushing to read the post, before replying...

Albeit, that was an issue I was having, using Mobile ME email for my iTunes

On another note, I'm concerned to fully switch all my email services to [email protected]. Mainly because knowing me, I'll revert to a BlackBerry at some stage (even for a minute), and then I'd have to deal with issues getting an [email protected] to work on a BlackBerry. Whereas now, using GMail (Exchange) works flawlessly, no matter the smartphone...

My iTunes email is not the @me.com address.
    06-09-11 08:10 AM
    Let me clarify that the only things I use my me.com address for are app subscriptions (I may have confused you earlier) like foursquare, GolfLogix, etc....apps I would have never used on a Blackberry.

I still long for my old Blackberry at times. Man, I was a road warrior with it, but the iP4 does so much more it heals the hurt. A return to BB is never out of the cards, because this is a free country, and no one is paying me to use either device, and I am very anxious to see QNX on a BB. Until then, the iPhone is plenty to keep me connected, organized, and entertained. And then some.
    06-09-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD