Are you sure about that? By judging from the keynote this summer, Phil was clearly mad at AT&T, and even threw some shots at them. I think it was obvious to anyone watching it. Honestly, I don't think AT&T was ready. Maybe AT&T is ready, as of right now, but in June, no.
    Exactly... those watching only see what it said/shown. I'll post what I've posted in several forums already on why.

It's getting old how people blame AT&T for not having the feature or dropping the ball... why did you purchase this device if it was so important? There is no excuse for anyone to complain about a feature that was known not to be there and was said to be coming later this summer. The economy is bad, so don't expect AT&T to be giving Overtime for this feature to get pushed, you can wait; everyone's been waiting since 2007, another month or two won't kill you.

Part 1 - I will also let you in on the reason why AT&T is in the position it is in... Apple said they would never get MMS and that it was primitive; email was going to take over. Well, AT&T seeing that Apple wasn't going to add it, not only created a text only package for the iPhone, it also had to remove xyz (can't say what it is) from the back-end to stop those that had family messaging and had an iPhone, but had a different phone on the account allowing them to get MMS. So the system would automatically recognize an iPhone when it would hit the cell tower vs. going by the phone on the account.

Part 2 - Apple then says to whoever needs to know (upper management in corporate) that all these features were coming, but guess what? Upper management isn't the ones re-enabling these features and since Apple has all employees (including me) take a training and acknowledge/agree to secrecy, they didn't tell the team (tech) that would enable it or else they would have known it was coming. When the announcement was made, they allowed developers to call in and get MMS enabled while working on adding the feature to the biller for the iPhone. So many "developers" were calling in, they stopped doing it.

Part 3 - With the feature code that is going to be added, I believe the effective date will all be the same for everyone so it seems as the switch was flipped for everyone at the same time. This part is speculation, but this is why a lot of people are seeing iPhone MMS PPU codes.
    09-04-09 10:36 PM
    nice! movin up on! finally gettin that big MMS!
    09-04-09 10:38 PM
    I dont even care about this issue anymore its been so long, i just email all my photos....
    09-05-09 09:42 PM
    Exactly... those watching only see what it said/shown. I'll post what I've posted in several forums already on why.
    What MMS settings do I put in the Cellular Data Network?
    09-06-09 01:17 PM
    Everyone seems to be using different methods and getting different results.

I actually used the following site to update my MMS settings for me. I would try the following that I see a lot are being successful with.

As it states, I do have MMS up and running smoothly on my AT&T iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. I do have some concerns, but first let me let you know what I did.

I followed the instructions exactly on this site:

Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0 - iPhone Hacks

I already have the $30 unlimited family texting plan, so I was able to skip some steps. I updated to the modified ipcc (AT&T Carrier 5.0) and then I swapped my sim with an older phone as it states to do as well. After all that, i rebooted my iphone (with the sim card inserted back) and it worked like a charm... The Cellular Data Network settings appeared, Tethering option appeared, picture icon in text messages appeared, and the ability to MMS from the photo library was there! Awesome, huh?! I was juiced... and sending and recieving worked perfectly... only for a day though.

When it stopped working all I did was change the MMS Settings in the Cellular Data Network settings under Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network:

APN: wap.cingular
    User: [email protected]
    Pw: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 66.209.11.32

leave one's not listed blank!

got this from: help.BenM.at

Then from then on, it has been working with no problems at all. No problems with Visual Voicemail or anything.

*** Update! ***

*Be sure to turn off your iPhone after you update to the 5.0 carrier file, then do a sim swap, then put it back in the iPhone, and now you can turn the iPhone back on again...

* Seems like successful iPhones have been on non iphone text messaging plans. For example, family unlimited messaging plan (which I'm on).

* I do have mentioned here that I changed my MMS settings under Cellular Data Network, but when I took off MMS and later put it back on, I did not need to adjust anything. I left it as is and it has been solidly working for weeks.

SO MY CONERNS/QUESTIONS ARE:

- With these settings (modified ipcc and tweaking Cellular Data Network, will I be getting additional charges in anyway what so ever? I don't use tethering, just MMS. But since it's a modified carrier file and junk, doesn't that mean I'm conncecting to the internet differently than the original settings? Is there anything I should be worried about?

- I checked my account online at wireless.att.com - viewed my data usage details where it breaks down all the data used and it started showing "wap.cingular" under Internet/MediaNet usage, instead of just "phone." Is this normal? I shouldn't have to worry about anything since it's ulimited data usage anyway, right?

- Will this interupt or conflict with updating later when the real update comes out for MMS? How would I revert back to the original ipcc file and settings? Would a restore do it on itunes?

* I guess my main concern is what is the cons of using a modified ipcc and changing settings with the Cellular Data Network settings are. I just don't want to deal with unwanted charges and not be able to get the real update when it comes out.

Sorry that this is such a long post! BUT ANY HELP OR INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED! I can possibly help you get MMS on your iphone too!
    09-06-09 04:34 PM
    I think the reason why mine seems to work differently is because I actually have a Bold listed on my account rather than an iPhone.
    09-06-09 04:34 PM
    So will I need to jailbreak my phone to get it? I'm a little nervous about doing that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    no you dont have to jail break it its a regular update they were talking about their phones they have that are already jailbroken
    09-07-09 03:09 PM
    Everyone seems to be using different methods and getting different results.

I actually used the following site to update my MMS settings for me. I would try the following that I see a lot are being successful with.
    i did these settings last night but not only my mms is still not working but all my data was not working...i had to reset netwrok to get the data to work again....
    09-08-09 12:55 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD