YAY!

Anyone else agree that it feels like a phone now? vs a computer with cellular abilities?

Man it only took what..3 years?

Now all Apple has to do is stop ridiculously rejecting apps.
    09-28-09 03:33 PM
    YAY!

Anyone else agree that it feels like a phone now? vs a computer with cellular abilities?

Yea it is really nice, even though I barely MMS. Now we just need iChat and all will be well.
    09-28-09 04:02 PM
    Well, Apple's beginning to feel the pinch of Google and other companies investing money into the iPhone.. Apple needs to start bringing some of it's own programming clout to the table.
    09-28-09 04:06 PM
    are you using 5.5, 5.5 hacked, or 6.0?
    09-28-09 04:11 PM
    regular 5.5 from iTunes.

Whats the diff with 5.5 hacked and 6.0?
    09-28-09 04:19 PM
    I believe I'm still at 4.0. Not even sure anymore. Lol.
    09-28-09 06:06 PM
    Never mind... I have 5.0 now.
    09-28-09 06:07 PM
    regular 5.5 from iTunes.

Whats the diff with 5.5 hacked and 6.0?
    Probably tethering.
    09-28-09 06:07 PM
    Well, Apple's beginning to feel the pinch of Google and other companies investing money into the iPhone.. Apple needs to start bringing some of it's own programming clout to the table.
    Yea, especially if they aren't bringing multitasking to the table. I would like to see iChat as a native messaging app that runs in the background like the other native apps, and stacks. I would be extremely happy for a while.
    09-28-09 06:14 PM
    Im sure they will bring in multi-tasking soon . Its the only thing left.. add that and a notification light on the next Iphone and i will be a happy camper with my new iphone and S2 in hand lol
    09-28-09 06:42 PM
    My most important concern is backrounding (multi-tasking). Of non-native
    apps of course. That and another app that I loaded during my JB on 3.0.1
    I don't remember what it's called but it gave me notifications on the top right
    corner of the lock screen if I had mail or sms or even a missed call. Worked
    best for mail though since you have to unlock to check if you got something.
    09-28-09 08:09 PM
    My most important concern is backrounding (multi-tasking). Of non-native
    apps of course. That and another app that I loaded during my JB on 3.0.1
    I don't remember what it's called but it gave me notifications on the top right
    corner of the lock screen if I had mail or sms or even a missed call. Worked
    best for mail though since you have to unlock to check if you got something.
    IntelliScreen is good, but it's $10 after the trial. Screen flashes if you choose it to do so every "Xx" minutes when a message is waiting.
    09-29-09 06:48 AM
    if you guys are looking for a bbm type of app for iphones check out ping! , it just came out and its free for now and it works great. has push notifications etc.
    09-29-09 10:59 AM
    IntelliScreen is good, but it's $10 after the trial. Screen flashes if you choose it to do so every "Xx" minutes when a message is waiting.
    It wasn't that app though. I forgot the name of it. Basically just gives you a
    small notification icon at the top, right corner of the screen until you open the
    app up to view it. Very similar to Blackberry.
    09-29-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure why there's no central notification system on the iPhone.. no new email icon at the top, or new sms message.. =/
    09-29-09 12:15 PM
    After moving from a Pearl 8120 to a 3GS, I must say I'm not dissappointed by much, but I do miss some things from the Blackberry, like a back button and the options menu that resides within each application you run. I hardly ever use MMS, as I pretty much never text anything. I find if I ever want to send a picture or video, I just email it instead.
    09-29-09 12:50 PM
    YAY!

Actually 2 years and I agree.
    09-29-09 09:49 PM
    It wasn't that app though. I forgot the name of it. Basically just gives you a
    small notification icon at the top, right corner of the screen until you open the
    app up to view it. Very similar to Blackberry.
    I know the app, can't remember the name, I just seem to like
    the IntelliScreen app and wanted to plug them real quick.
    Hehe.
    09-29-09 11:58 PM
    yeah, together with the sms forward function, it is really like the real phone, i can save time to retype the message again.
    09-30-09 07:40 AM
    Yea, especially if they aren't bringing multitasking to the table. I would like to see iChat as a native messaging app that runs in the background like the other native apps, and stacks. I would be extremely happy for a while.
    I don't want multitasking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 01:12 PM
    I don't want multitasking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't mind not having it as long as push notifications work correctly and reliably on every app. But I do like multitasking and use it all the time when my device is jailbroken. I don't even really suffer that big of a battery loss.
    09-30-09 03:35 PM
    I want Multi-tasking for certain apps only. I dont care about putting games and news and stuff like that in the BG, what I DO ABSOLUTELY want is to put Pandora in the BG and Instant Messenger apps, such as Palringo in the BG..

Apple needs to get the ball rolling on allowing select apps to be put into the BG. That or code streaming ability into the native iPod app.
    09-30-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD