Ok so i'm wondering when the heck are we gonna get it! i have been waiting patiently for it..
    08-27-09 11:36 PM
    Ok so i'm wondering when the heck are we gonna get it! i have been waiting patiently for it..
    Seems like AT&T's playing the same game RIM did with our OS upgrade...
    08-27-09 11:56 PM
    Seems like AT&T's playing the same game RIM did with our OS upgrade...
    Correction... Apple, not AT&T. Apple has to release 3.1 and they like to do everything at events. Last year, 2.1 was released at the Mac event in September. Same will probably happen this event.

I've had my MMS and so do a lot of AT&T subscribers. It's not being blocked like before, so it's more than likely an Apple thing.
    08-28-09 01:12 AM
    What did u do to get your mms working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 05:00 AM
    Last I heard AT&T needs to turn it on on their network to work with the iPhone, Apple has already built it into the OS.
    08-28-09 06:32 AM
    Last I heard AT&T needs to turn it on on their network to work with the iPhone, Apple has already built it into the OS.
    This is what I was going off of. AT&T did say they'll "have it working by the end of the summer".

But I guess it's an issue on both ends.
    08-28-09 07:56 AM
    Nope. Just one. Apple doesn't want to release the carrier update until they're ready.

Don't go by what you read. Just like how everyone is blaming AT&T for stopping google, but if that was the case, all apple would have to do is block it from the US App Store like they did the tethering app about a year ago. Apple is using AT&T as a scapegoat.

Posted from my iPhone 3GS at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:59 AM
    Nope. Just one. Apple doesn't want to release the carrier update until they're ready.

Don't go by what you read. Just like how everyone is blaming AT&T for stopping google, but if that was the case, all apple would have to do is block it from the US App Store like they did the tethering app about a year ago. Apple is using AT&T as a scapegoat.

Posted from my iPhone 3GS at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So does that mean I shouldn't go by what I read of your post? That's all I've read so far and you've offered new information. But still had to start from somewhere right?

I just assumed it was AT&T because I was reading a live blog during the June Apple event and the guy wrote that Apple had just did a slide saying the 3GS now has MMS.

And I know of the whole Google Voice issue and how Apple was saying it would do this and that to the iPhone when none of it's true.
    08-28-09 10:09 AM
    So does that mean I shouldn't go by what I read of your post? That's all I've read so far and you've offered new information. But still had to start from somewhere right?

I just assumed it was AT&T because I was reading a live blog during the June Apple event and the guy wrote that Apple had just did a slide saying the 3GS now has MMS.

And I know of the whole Google Voice issue and how Apple was saying it would do this and that to the iPhone when none of it's true.
    Correct... you shouldn't. But, if you head over to everythingicafe, you will see a good amount of users are having success with MMS using the carrier file. If you get a 3G or 3GS, you can see for yourself. All that is needed now is for Apple to update with the carrier file.
    08-28-09 01:33 PM
    Apple is smart at making money. They have done this with copy/paste and voice commands. They have a device made with tons of capabilities...then to boost interest and sales they release updates to enable these features. Its brilliant. A true money maker. I wouldn't do it but still. Now can people load the mms website on their iphone or is that all jacked up too like it is on my 8830?

08-28-09 01:42 PM
    Apple is smart at making money. They have done this with copy/paste and voice commands. They have a device made with tons of capabilities...then to boost interest and sales they release updates to enable these features. Its brilliant. A true money maker. I wouldn't do it but still.
    Wait a sec.. did you just say you wouldn't want to make BILLIONS because of..........
    08-28-09 01:43 PM
    Yeah all you have to do is install the carrier file , and if u have a messing family plan then its easy becasue mms is already opted , so your set , if not , put in a sim card of a simple phone , takes some pics , makes some calls , then swich it back and you will be good to go , i had it working successfully working for a long time , only thing is u cant send videos
    08-28-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah all you have to do is install the carrier file , and if u have a messing family plan then its easy becasue mms is already opted , so your set , if not , put in a sim card of a simple phone , takes some pics , makes some calls , then swich it back and you will be good to go , i had it working successfully working for a long time , only thing is u cant send videos
    thats really all you have to do and it works?
    08-29-09 10:56 AM
    I've sent videos... only thing is that the recipient could watch it. I forgot what they had to do to get it to work.
    08-29-09 11:59 AM
    if i have already upgraded itunes and am on 3.01 how do i get a carrier file? ive tried searching everywhere and all the places ive found dont seem to work, the only thing i can think of is that its because ive upgraded
    08-29-09 04:20 PM
    ive been using MMS on my unlocked 3gs since its release and I got to say I love how Apple made it so simple in it's implementation. Good thing though as you ATT guys will be getting it real soon!
    09-03-09 08:49 PM
    I am trying to move pictures I get in MMS messages from my phone to my computer. I can do it via email, but there has to be a better way to do it while the phone is synced with my PC. I've looked on the contents of the phone and the storage card and can't seem to find the directory the MMS attachments are located in. Thanks for any help.
    09-05-09 01:06 AM
    I am trying to move pictures I get in MMS messages from my phone to my computer. I can do it via email, but there has to be a better way to do it while the phone is synced with my PC. I've looked on the contents of the phone and the storage card and can't seem to find the directory the MMS attachments are located in. Thanks for any help.
    Save them to your phone. Then they will be able to be synced.
    09-05-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD