Very interesting item for solving the sub-par AT&T network strength in your house:

AT&T signal booster may help, but could add to bill - Computers- msnbc.com

Pay extra to get the service you should have been getting?! This should be free to AT&T customers...
    09-25-09 01:49 PM
    Very interesting item for solving the sub-par AT&T network strength in your house:

AT&T signal booster may help, but could add to bill - Computers- msnbc.com

Pay extra to get the service you should have been getting?! This should be free to AT&T customers...
    This from someone on Americas largest network that sells a network extender for $240 for you to use, if you don't have coverage in your home or at work?
    09-25-09 03:16 PM
    Its already been said you dont need to get the service to use it as a signal booster. The service is only needed to use unlim minutes when at home.

Otherwise just buy the unit itself, but itll cost more ($150) instead of getting the rebates with the service.

The testimony in that article is moot because the "slow" people seem to think they need to pay monthly to use it to fix coverage when you dont. Thats ONLY if you really need the unlim minutes when youre by it, otherwise its a one time cost.

No carrier can cover everywhere, nor can most penetrate some building materials. Thats just life, its not ATT specific by any means even though ATT gets the most attention for it. I know here in south FL youre hard pressed to get signal in some newer construction, simply because the building code for hurricane protection requires thick, strong walls and tile or concrete roofs.

I know as soon as I step out my door I go from zero to 1 bar to full bars, so its very obvious its the building and not a carrier issue. CDMA was no better in the same type of constructed buildings either. I think the microcell is a good solution for this type of situation, and $150 one time isnt a huge chunk really to have good service
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-25-09 at 03:43 PM.
    09-25-09 03:36 PM
    Brain cancer booster too? haha j/k I've tried a few boosters I really don't think they work at all....
    09-25-09 04:44 PM
    I just got a MicroCell and couldn't be happier!! 5 bars all the time on all 3 of my families iPhones in my house which sits in the middle of the woods!!! And costed me $100 less then the Verizon Network Extender I use to have that would fight over which one of my families BB would get the service!! I did not opt for the unlim package due to so many rollover minutes we have each month and now with the A-list I can get rid of my digital phone which will save me $25 a month so in 6 months the MicroCell will have paid for itself!!!
    09-25-09 05:23 PM
    This from someone on Americas largest network that sells a network extender for $240 for you to use, if you don't have coverage in your home or at work?
    Yeah... I knew someone would overreact and take my post the wrong way... But thanks for the comment!
    09-25-09 11:06 PM
    When I had ATT I would drop in and out of service on my drive home. Do they make any of these things that you can just leave in your car?
    09-26-09 01:28 AM
    Now that would be cool. I find this home o e is worthless I already have bars and wifi at home
    09-26-09 07:54 AM
    Well good for you! For those of us that don't this is great!
    09-26-09 07:59 AM
    I would NEVER want one of those in my home.

Whats next?

A tanning booth thats ALSO a bed?

Lets tan the night away!

Yippy!

Stay away from the cancer kitten, folks.

LOL

/sarcasm
    09-26-09 10:58 AM
    Then don't get one. Also do away with your TV, Microwave, XBox, PS3, WiFi and ANY cell phone you have for that matter. Wouldn't want you to get a brain tumor or anything like that.....
    09-26-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD