08-17-11 05:48 AM
64 123
tools
    The new one
    08-01-11 04:27 AM

The downsides, for me, are 1) the lack of customization

Jailbreak. That's all I have to say. Did it on my iPod Touch and was so much happier.
    08-01-11 05:00 AM
    +1 on the jailbreak, makes a world of a difference
    08-01-11 09:24 AM
    I'd say wait at this point.
    08-01-11 11:14 AM
    Wait and see. The next iphone is said to be a lot better and while we don't have details I'd go ahead and say I agree.
    08-01-11 11:36 AM
    +1 on the jailbreak, makes a world of a difference
    Jailibreaking is great but doesn't look as polished as original apps etc. Since everyone here in NYC has an iphone, having a different keyboard color makes one feel cooler so i like that about JB.
    08-01-11 01:00 PM
    Jailbreaking is swell for those who feel comfortable screwing around with their device or OS, but for the majority, they simply want their iPhone to work as expected and with features that are standard fare on other 'lesser' smartphones.

One might hope that iOS 5 will magically resolve all this, but that seems unlikely - nor is Mr Jobs known for listening to what the consumer wants, rather imposing his own 'improvements' that we will find 'insanely great'. Or not.

Me? All I'm waiting for is three things -

- a Today Screen on the Lock Screen
    - the ability to attach (a selection of) files from within the Mail program.
    - the ability to call up contacts on the phone by typing the first few letters of that contact. Not have to scroll through my full contact list or have to set up Favorites.

Some of these are rumoured to be in the finished iOS5. Or not. The rest I can deal with - without jailbreaking.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    08-02-11 04:00 PM
    Im running 5.0 beta 4 and the today screen is very useful. I still can't attch several files or any for that matter from the mail app.

Jailbreaking is swell for those who feel comfortable screwing around with their device or OS, but for the majority, they simply want their iPhone to work as expected and with features that are standard fare on other 'lesser' smartphones.

One might hope that iOS 5 will magically resolve all this, but that seems unlikely - nor is Mr Jobs known for listening to what the consumer wants, rather imposing his own 'improvements' that we will find 'insanely great'. Or not.

Me? All I'm waiting for is three things -

- a Today Screen on the Lock Screen
    - the ability to attach (a selection of) files from within the Mail program.
    - the ability to call up contacts on the phone by typing the first few letters of that contact. Not have to scroll through my full contact list or have to set up Favorites.

Some of these are rumoured to be in the finished iOS5. Or not. The rest I can deal with - without jailbreaking.
    08-03-11 08:35 AM
    I went from Storm 1 to IPhone 4 last week. It is a nice phone, but the battery life is a big concern.....How is everyone dealing with this? Not sure if I will keep this thing for that reason alone. Gonna see how it goes on a normal work day and see....
    08-08-11 10:13 AM
    I went from Storm 1 to IPhone 4 last week. It is a nice phone, but the battery life is a big concern.....How is everyone dealing with this? Not sure if I will keep this thing for that reason alone. Gonna see how it goes on a normal work day and see....
    I have had no issues with battery life at all can get a day to day and a half before needing a charge.
    08-08-11 12:00 PM
    I heard one, only one, person saying they didn't like "lack" of battery life. The problem here is, many things can contribute to bad battery drain: usage, relative signal strength, and so on

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-08-11 12:25 PM
    I heard one, only one, person saying they didn't like "lack" of battery life. The problem here is, many things can contribute to bad battery drain: usage, relative signal strength, and so on

Sent from my ADR6300
    Isn't that a double negative?
    08-08-11 02:17 PM
    Isn't that a double negative?
    I was going for an emphatic. I tried to, at least

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    Accidental Post likes this.
    08-08-11 05:00 PM
    I am waiting for the ip5. And its so close, I can virtually taste it.

I'm done with my Torch. It was the best BB I have used. But everytime I use my wife's ip4 or my ipod touch, I now that for me, BB's don't cut it for me anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is the way I feel. I use my wife's ipod touch and really like the way it works. I like it enough to at least give the iphone 5 a good run!
    08-08-11 09:28 PM
    I am a long-time BB user but upgraded to the VZW iphone 4 since all of my family uses the iphone. Plus, my husband works out-of-town and the Facetime comes in quite handy!

Yes I used to be like other BB users wondering what was up with the iphone. But once I began using one - I understand. Fluid, quick, beautiful, and oh so smooth.

Had to search around in the app store for some comparable apps, do miss several of my BB apps! But from the looks of it, iOS 5 is going to improve things a whole lot. Oh, and I have saved a bunch of money in iphone apps compared to BB apps.

I wanted to wait for the iphone 5, but wanted to keep my unlimited data on my account.
    08-12-11 10:03 AM
    I am on day 8 using the iphone. I did have a battery issue, but i got on the iphone forum and someone told me what to do almost instantly so no problems at since then. Still keep looking for a VZW release date on the Torch, but does not look like it is going to happen before my 14 return days are up.....miss my LED notification! But I hear OS5 will have notifications on the lock screen.
    08-12-11 11:22 AM
    I am on day 8 using the iphone. I did have a battery issue, but i got on the iphone forum and someone told me what to do almost instantly so no problems at since then. Still keep looking for a VZW release date on the Torch, but does not look like it is going to happen before my 14 return days are up.....miss my LED notification! But I hear OS5 will have notifications on the lock screen.
    Ummm, do you need to have an iPhone right now? Because the iPhone 5 should be out next month, which means even if you don't like it, the iPhone 4 should be at least $100 cheaper than what you paid for it....

Just a friendly tip
    08-12-11 01:34 PM
    To soccer. Thanks. Yes I know. Still have time to return. I get along well with my rep. Hope to work a deal on the 5.

08-12-11 03:36 PM

Do you mind sharing what that was? Just got the iphone, TODAY, and hey, if you don't mind, I'll get the info here! What to do for battery?
    08-12-11 04:09 PM
    You may not have the same issue. Mine was draining fast. If you check settings General. Usage It should show a reading. Mine wasn't. So do a hard reset by holding the power button on top and the home button at the same time until you see the apple. Did the trick for me been going 11 hours now and still have 60%.

08-12-11 04:43 PM
    Make that 67%

08-12-11 04:47 PM
    Speaking of iPhone 5. Anyone know if the led thing is true?

08-12-11 05:35 PM
    Speaking of iPhone 5. Anyone know if the led thing is true?

All speculation at this point, like everything else. We should know pretty soon though, they're announcing it 9/7, I believe.

Would hope so. BUT... so far, I haven't missed it.
    08-12-11 05:59 PM
    Might have already said this but os5 is supposed to put notifications on the lock screen. Not great but better.

08-12-11 06:09 PM
    I don't know what OS this is even running yet, but my texts are popping up on my lock screen. It's fine.
    08-12-11 06:12 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD