Yes they do but email won't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 06:14 PM
    Yes they do but email won't.

Oh, okay, that blows. Don't have email set up yet. Hope that's a fix in OS5.
    08-12-11 06:59 PM
    That's the word. Go on the iPhone forum at the top of this site. You can find that stuff there. Lots of bb like features coming in os5.

08-12-11 08:16 PM
    is it a calm before the storm of the i5?it looks like it.the hoopla of the i5 is going to shake things up in the smartphone industry.definitely going to test drive one of these bad boys.at&t certainly can't wait to get their diamond.
    08-12-11 10:01 PM
    is it a calm before the storm of the i5?it looks like it.the hoopla of the i5 is going to shake things up in the smartphone industry.definitely going to test drive one of these bad boys.at&t certainly can't wait to get their diamond.
    I actually think the opposite.

Will the iPhone 5 sell? Ridiculously well, I have no doubts about it.

But it won't shake up the smartphone industry.

Apple for the past few years has had more of an improvement rather than an innovative strategy. Don't get me wrong, the additions software and hardware are much appreciated, but for the iPhone 5 right now, rumors are saying:

1) Dual-LED flash, which is nothing new
    2) LED Notification on the front, which BlackBerry has had for years
    3) Notifications? Everyone else has had it.
    4) iMessage? Just another closed messaging app within a platform
    5) 8 MP camera? Just an upgrade
    6) Dual-Core Processor? Not really unexpected especially with high-end Android phones already including them.

So none of this is "industry-shaking," just improvements. Again, much welcomed improvements, but nothing game-changing.
    08-13-11 10:34 AM
    I actually think the opposite.

Will the iPhone 5 sell? Ridiculously well, I have no doubts about it.

But it won't shake up the smartphone industry.

Apple for the past few years has had more of an improvement rather than an innovative strategy. Don't get me wrong, the additions software and hardware are much appreciated, but for the iPhone 5 right now, rumors are saying:

1) Dual-LED flash, which is nothing new
    2) LED Notification on the front, which BlackBerry has had for years
    3) Notifications? Everyone else has had it.
    4) iMessage? Just another closed messaging app within a platform
    5) 8 MP camera? Just an upgrade
    6) Dual-Core Processor? Not really unexpected especially with high-end Android phones already including them.

So none of this is "industry-shaking," just improvements. Again, much welcomed improvements, but nothing game-changing.
    The iPhone doesn't have to be "game changing"...it is the game everybody else is feverishly trying to catch up to. Android OS phones are getting better and faster, but NOBODY has the smoothness of functionality & overall polished UI of the iOS...nobody.
    MrObvious and Caymancroc like this.
    08-13-11 11:08 AM
    The iPhone doesn't have to be "game changing"...it is the game everybody else is feverishly trying to catch up to. Android OS phones are getting better and faster, but NOBODY has the smoothness of functionality & overall polished UI of the iOS...nobody.
    Oh I know, just responding to the claim that "the hoopla of the i5 is going to shake things up in the smartphone industry"

And honestly, speed isn't everything. If you can't write a good OS to utilize the processor you have, you end up with a phone on paper that's faster but yet still lags compared to those "slower" phones.
    08-13-11 12:21 PM
    Another observation. I have Bluetooth motorola s9 headset that barely worked on my storm unless you were within 2 feet. On the i4 I can set the down in the garage on the back of the golf cart by the door and work all overt front yard and did not cut out at all. Was great to finally be able to pull weeds without wires in my face.

08-14-11 09:16 AM
    Anyone have an idea when verizon will get the iPhone 5? I assume AT&T will be first, but how long after for vzw?

08-14-11 04:35 PM
    As all indicators are point to a mid september release. Unless there are issues with production I believe we will see it on Sep. 15th
    08-15-11 07:07 AM
    has anybody asked-how much the iphone 5 mite cost?
    08-16-11 09:58 PM
    As all indicators are point to a mid september release. Unless there are issues with production I believe we will see it on Sep. 15th
    accidental post-have u tried the siri voice command?,and if u have-ur thoughts plz?sorry if u've been asked this b4.
    08-16-11 10:01 PM
    accidental post-have u tried siri?
    08-16-11 10:07 PM
    Yes I use Siri and dragon go and prefer dragon go
    08-17-11 05:48 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD