I'm afraid of the negative feedback I would get selling it on eBay! The 150-200 bucks I would fetch for a used in great physical condition wouldn't be worth the negative feedback the buyer would most likely leave once they have the blackberry storm experience. Those that have changed over to the iPhone and sold the storm on eBay, how has it played out for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 03:15 PM
    Just sell it in the forums here.
    10-01-09 03:23 PM
    I'm afraid of the negative feedback I would get selling it on eBay! The 150-200 bucks I would fetch for a used in great physical condition wouldn't be worth the negative feedback the buyer would most likely leave once they have the blackberry storm experience. Those that have changed over to the iPhone and sold the storm on eBay, how has it played out for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try selling it on Craigslist instead. I have bought/sold MANY phones on there... if you unlock it first you'd probably get more $ for it.
    I've sold two on eBay. First mine back in late July and then my wife's in late August. Both sold for over $250 and I received positive feedback on both. As far as I know neither of then had any issues with the storm, nor did I. The phones worked great but the web browsing was so slow it just wasn't for me.

If you're selling a defective phone then they will most likely leave you negative feedback. However, if you're worried that the buyer will dislike the phone, then that alone should not cause them to leave you negative feedback.
    There's no reason to keep it honest, the Storm 2 will be out within a month or so and the value of your Storm 1 will go down the hole.

Sell it off now while you can still get $150-200 for it.
    10-01-09 03:36 PM
    I sold mine about 3 weeks ago and got 275 for it. I unlocked it and threw it up on Ebay. On a seperate note, Ebay is a rip off. Try using craigslist. Paypal will also hold your money for 3 days after the buyer recieves the item.
    10-01-09 04:19 PM
    I sold mine on ebay for $350 at the end of July unlocked. Make sure you unlock it and you will get a lot more money for it.
    10-01-09 04:26 PM
    Dumb question from a newb. Do I need to be out of contract to sell the phone?
    10-01-09 08:25 PM
    Dumb question from a newb. Do I need to be out of contract to sell the phone?
    No, you could sell the phone and either pay the early termination fee or downgrade your plan to the lowest possible and pay it monthly until the contract runs up. See which would cost you more in the long run..
    10-01-09 08:30 PM
    No, you could sell the phone and either pay the early termination fee or downgrade your plan to the lowest possible and pay it monthly until the contract runs up. See which would cost you more in the long run..
    I couldn't just buy a new phone?

I have a Storm and am thinking I would like to try the Tour out. Could I sell the Storm, buy the Tour, and avoid fees?
    10-01-09 08:31 PM
    Craigslist > eBay any day of the week lol
    10-01-09 08:34 PM
    I couldn't just buy a new phone?
    LOL sorry forgot that obvious option!

I have a Storm and am thinking I would like to try the Tour out. Could I sell the Storm, buy the Tour, and avoid fees?
    How long ago did you get the Storm? If you aren't eligible for an upgrade you would have to pay full price from your carrier or buy one off of ebay or craigslist..
    10-01-09 08:34 PM
    I don't see why not. I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that with T-Mobile I can use whatever phone I want and still keep the same plan. I've had three different BBs on this same contract I'm on right now. Should be no problem.
    10-01-09 08:38 PM
    How long ago did you get the Storm? If you aren't eligible for an upgrade you would have to pay full price from your carrier or buy one off of ebay or craigslist..
    Long story short, yes I am eligible for an upgrade according to VZW's system (when I login it says I can upgrade).

Reason: We had a 2-line plan, took over my mother's month-to-month contract, added her as a 3rd line, did some ECN switching, and used the upgrades on my wife's line and my Mom's line to get new phones for my wife and I.

Now my line is eligible for an upgrade as well.
    10-01-09 08:38 PM
    Yeah I've sold a few storms on ebay and have all received positive feedback on them. Should be no problem unless you are selling something you know isn't working right.
    10-01-09 10:54 PM
    Yeah I've sold a few storms on ebay and have all received positive feedback on them. Should be no problem unless you are selling something you know isn't working right.
    well the phone works as good as any other storm does I would guess?? as far as working right? After having the iphone3gs for a couple months I doubt I will think any other phone is actually working right.
    10-01-09 11:14 PM
    well the phone works as good as any other storm does I would guess?? as far as working right? After having the iphone3gs for a couple months I doubt I will think any other phone is actually working right.
    I can totally relate to that statement.
    10-02-09 03:09 PM
    How can I unlock my Storm? How much does it cost?
    10-02-09 03:14 PM
    How can I unlock my Storm? How much does it cost?
    There are a million threads on this. Call Verizon and tell them you are going overseas and need the unlock code (account must be at least 60 days old and in good standing). Search around the forums if you want other options. Or try these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/che...k-code-169259/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/unl...m-code-148611/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bb-...k-code-123299/
    10-02-09 05:33 PM
    Craigslist > eBay any day of the week lol
    It may suck, but you will get more for any given item on eBay. Enough that it covers the fees and everything else.
    10-04-09 12:47 PM
    Sold mine and my wife's on Craigslist. A guy wanted one for he and his wife. I was just thinking "sucker" in my mind. Not because I was ripping him off, but because RIM was ripping him off.
    10-05-09 04:24 PM
    Paypal will also hold your money for 3 days after the buyer recieves the item.
    Ya if you're new. I sold a storm on there but like most people are saying its better to do craigs. You can find someone that
    a. can hand you cash that day
    b. wont charge any other fees
    10-06-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD