So if you jailbreak the iphone you can send and receive pics? And how do you jailbreak? I have the lil 8100 pearl, but am do for an upgrade. I LOVE my bb, but my get the iphone for upgrade. The only thing i dont like about iphone is because you cant send or receive pics unless you email them. Can someone clear it up for me? Thanks!
    correct you must Jailbreak to MMS. That MAY be changing soon though. I read at Slashgear that mobispine will be releasing an app for MMS. Question is will Apple allow it.

So strange this MMS thing. I don't use it but I just wonder why they continue to leave it out.

Anyway here is article

iPhone MMS promised by Mobispine; will Apple allow it? - SlashGear

and here is a workaround. I don't own an iPhone so I don't know if this works. Maybe somebody can verify if it works and start a new thread.

Lack of MMS on the iPhone Bother You? We have the Workaround
    02-13-09 08:53 PM
    So if you jailbreak the iphone you can send and receive pics? And how do you jailbreak? I have the lil 8100 pearl, but am do for an upgrade. I LOVE my bb, but my get the iphone for upgrade. The only thing i dont like about iphone is because you cant send or receive pics unless you email them. Can someone clear it up for me? Thanks!
    Yes, if you jailbreak your phone you can send/receive MMS (kind of). There is a program called SwirlyMMS that allows you to send/receive MMS if your account is provisioned for it. Of course, ATT technically doesn't allow you to do that on an iPhone. But myself, as well as many others, have managed to work around that. You need a regular text messaging plan as opposed to a iphone text messaging plan. A regular text plan includes texts as well as multimedia messages, provisioning your account for mms. Next, you must have the rep enabled MMS and WAP on your account in Snooper. Assuming you've managed to get the rep to correctly do those things, your account should be provisioned for mms. The next step is to have the rep send OTA activation to your iphone, with the SIM inside. After that, you should be able to send and receive MMS.

HOWEVER, because you're not SUPPOSED to have MMS, the work around may not work. It's definitely YMMV, but it's possible. I've had mine working since last October. Sometimes my account gets swept and mms is disabled, but I just get activation sent to my phone again and it starts working.
    02-13-09 09:03 PM
    You think apple will come out with a program so that you don't have to go through all of that? That would make my mind up easily. I use mms all the time. You take a pic and send it. Its easy! And I'm surprized apple doesn't do something about it...lol other than that not having that feature for me, this phone looks awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 07:30 AM
    You think apple will come out with a program so that you don't have to go through all of that? That would make my mind up easily. I use mms all the time. You take a pic and send it. Its easy! And I'm surprized apple doesn't do something about it...lol other than that not having that feature for me, this phone looks awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You do know that you can send pictures from your email to another cell phone? If just requires you to enter in the persons MMS email. For example if I were to send a picture to someone on the Sprint network it would be [email protected]

MMS is highly over rated. Email is way more reliable.
    02-14-09 08:48 AM
    While I agree that MMS is way over rated, and I personally would just use the @mms.carrier.com route... I think that as the touch-screen market heats up, Apple is just nucking futz to not fully address the needs (and serious wants) of it's customers.

But hey... awesome choice. You won't be disappointed by the iPhone. Get a back up battery charger and some way to add charge via battery if you are heavy user!
    02-14-09 09:36 AM
    While I agree that MMS is way over rated, and I personally would just use the @mms.carrier.com route... I think that as the touch-screen market heats up, Apple is just nucking futz to not fully address the needs (and serious wants) of it's customers.

But hey... awesome choice. You won't be disappointed by the iPhone. Get a back up battery charger and some way to add charge via battery if you are heavy user!
    This summer I'm expecting a large update in software for the iPhone. More than likely addressing the lack of some features people complain most about. Apple has always put software first so I don't think they will disappoint.
    02-14-09 10:04 AM
    Another reason I prefer email over mms is the fact that mms doesn't retain the full quality of the image as email would.
    02-14-09 10:17 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD