Well I finally pulled the trigger as have had overwhelming pressure from co-workers and friends reporting nothing but rave reviews of their Iphones. I did try and switch albeit only for one weekend - online friday night with Iphone4 and promptly switched back to my 9780 sunday evening.
    I have been a loyalist for some time to blackberry and owned ever new model since 2004.
    Here is my review as I await for my IP4S (it is scheduled to be delivered on monday).

1. I know i am going to miss the LED notification - oh well i guess i will just get used to it - but i don't get why apple wont incorporate - battery life ect .....don't you use some battery everytime u swipe in and check to see if you have messages - Apple just give us an LED and let us turn it on or off for christs sake.

2. BBM - well love it but can live without - biggest thing that kept me away from switching is that we used a couple of groups on BBM which was invaluable but now that whatsapp handles groups seemlessly no need to hang on.

3. I am going to miss - "MARK PRIOR READ" unless i am missing something - i hated going into every email ect so it would clear the notification icon. I have my bberry set with wireless reconcile off so that my bberry had everything and my inbox can be clean - very handy when travelling ect.

4. Battery life....well i have always had 2 batteries for each new bberry I have owned - hoping IP4S lives up to hype once they get first couple of hiccups out of way but bought a morphie juice pack air just to be on safe side for now.

5. Hate the 30 pin dock connector for just charging.....cmon - why can't they put a set of charging contacts. If my phone rings at 3am i am worried i am going to kill the connector whereas with my 9900 it just pops off the docking station.

6. Notification profile - I love this about my bberry as i have a profile for every situation - movies - vib or led only - work, home - ect.....I am often on call and at night my phone has to be on - all i want is for it to RING REALLY loud at 3am when someone is trying to get a hold of me, texts / emails ect can wait till morning. It was so sweet with bberry for it to go into it's bed time mode (phone calls only) as soon as i put it in my dock.

7. I could handle typing on the iphone and got pretty good at it quickly but there is just something about the new 9900 keyboard that was so fluid and tactile.

I must admit when the 9900 came out and i got it on release day - i thought there was never any way I would go to Iphone but here i go again.

Let me know if you have any comments from the above.

Lets just say i won't be selling my 9900 until i have given the IP4S it's full chance this time.
    11-05-11 11:14 AM
    Well I finally pulled the trigger as have had overwhelming pressure from co-workers and friends reporting nothing but rave reviews of their Iphones. I did try and switch albeit only for one weekend - online friday night with Iphone4 and promptly switched back to my 9780 sunday evening.
    I have been a loyalist for some time to blackberry and owned ever new model since 2004.
    Here is my review as I await for my IP4S (it is scheduled to be delivered on monday).

1. I know i am going to miss the LED notification - oh well i guess i will just get used to it - but i don't get why apple wont incorporate - battery life ect .....don't you use some battery everytime u swipe in and check to see if you have messages - Apple just give us an LED and let us turn it on or off for christs sake.

2. BBM - well love it but can live without - biggest thing that kept me away from switching is that we used a couple of groups on BBM which was invaluable but now that whatsapp handles groups seemlessly no need to hang on.

3. I am going to miss - "MARK PRIOR READ" unless i am missing something - i hated going into every email ect so it would clear the notification icon. I have my bberry set with wireless reconcile off so that my bberry had everything and my inbox can be clean - very handy when travelling ect.

4. Battery life....well i have always had 2 batteries for each new bberry I have owned - hoping IP4S lives up to hype once they get first couple of hiccups out of way but bought a morphie juice pack air just to be on safe side for now.

5. Hate the 30 pin dock connector for just charging.....cmon - why can't they put a set of charging contacts. If my phone rings at 3am i am worried i am going to kill the connector whereas with my 9900 it just pops off the docking station.

6. Notification profile - I love this about my bberry as i have a profile for every situation - movies - vib or led only - work, home - ect.....I am often on call and at night my phone has to be on - all i want is for it to RING REALLY loud at 3am when someone is trying to get a hold of me, texts / emails ect can wait till morning. It was so sweet with bberry for it to go into it's bed time mode (phone calls only) as soon as i put it in my dock.

7. I could handle typing on the iphone and got pretty good at it quickly but there is just something about the new 9900 keyboard that was so fluid and tactile.

I must admit when the 9900 came out and i got it on release day - i thought there was never any way I would go to Iphone but here i go again.

Lets just say i won't be selling my 9900 until i have given the IP4S it's full chance this time
    lol exactly my story. on the 3rd day of having iphone 4s...i sold the 9930 on the 4th day. once i was typing fast on the screen and realized i didnt miss much about my 9930 it was time to part ways from RIM after 6 years. i havent looked back nor miss it. i had the 9930 since aug 21. im glad i switched and totally love my iphone4s
    11-05-11 11:54 AM
    I can say I was a bb user for 4+ years also and since Aug I've been thinking of switching. Finally yesterday I stopped dragging my feet and took myself to the local VzW in my area and got a 4S. I'm soooo happy I finally did it

I don't miss the led noti light at all either and I thought that would get to me.

I'm really enjoying this device. Lovin it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 12:02 PM

Lets just say i won't be selling my 9900 until i have given the IP4S it's full chance this time.

1) I agree; LED notifications are nice along side push email for all of your messages; of course, it doesn't make you a slave to your phone anymore

3) Not only mark prior read, but also delete prior or delete all capabilities.

4) I was going to say buy an extended pack if you get worried. My battery life has been fine so far: I can easily go a day without draining it too bad. I also did a heavy gaming session last night (3 hr standby, 3 hr usage) of Asphalt Adrenaline 6 and a few other graphic intense games. Drained from 100% to about 40%, which isn't bad considering.

6) I also agree with this; basically all you'll get with your iPhone is ring settings or "silent" settings (you can set silent to have vibration or not)

7) You'll get better at it: Apple's auto-correct is brilliant; I find myself typing as fast as I did on my Curve 8900 (I could never get up to speed on the Torch 9800; something about that keyboard....)
    11-05-11 12:50 PM
    To the OP welcome but I don't think the iPhone is for you based on your comments. I think you will be disappointed.
    omes likes this.
    11-05-11 01:39 PM
    To the OP welcome but I don't think the iPhone is for you based on your comments. I think you will be disappointed.
    Ya i am cautiously optimistic but we'll see.
    11-05-11 02:21 PM
    I think once you get the phone and give it a fair chance you may never go back though
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-05-11 02:52 PM
    I think once you get the phone and give it a fair chance you may never go back though
    he wont go back...lol
    11-05-11 03:33 PM
    he wont go back...lol
    Are we taking bets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 05:49 PM
    Has IOS 5 made any big changes with what i have mentioned - i know once the jailbreak has been done there is an app for the sound profile management.

I will keep you guys updated - i am about $200 deep in accessories already plus the purchase of the phone ($649)....lol.
    11-05-11 07:04 PM
    Enjoy your phone!

11-05-11 09:23 PM
    Are we taking bets ?

HaHaHaHaHaH go for it...and when iPhone4s gets jail broken its gonna be like having a new better phone
    11-05-11 09:30 PM
    Oh, I really missed Mark Prior Read till someone here told me it can be done (sorry, forget who it was at the moment, but I'm still grateful ) Not exactly like Mark Prior but close enough

Just tap Mail icon to get to Mailboxes screen, tap All Inboxes (or by email account if you prefer), next screen are your messages in rows down the screen. New or Unread have a blue circle next to them. Tap Edit at upper right. Now you see larger empty circles to the left of each email down the list. Just scroll down, any that you don't want to read (or want to Move or Delete), tap the empty circle which then creates a red Check Mark. Then you see a row of options at the bottom of the screen: Delete; Move or Mark. Since you can tap batches of emails it will show the quantity you tapped also, e.g. Delete(6), Move(6), Mark (6). Tap Mark then Mark as Read. It sounds like a lot of steps, but once you get the hang of it, it's just a few taps & goes really fast. You'll see what I mean. Minor adjustment, that's all.

Welcome to the dark side, where you battle trolls frequently but you enter a calmer, more peaceful place and the urge to pitch your device into the nearest body of water or fling it under an 18 wheeler doing 70 mph just melts away
    11-06-11 09:37 AM
    this is a key phrase here omes--give the 4S a fair chance. I understand you've been a bb user for a while, and like you, i was uneasy also. BUT i put my foot down and made the switch on Friday after using bb for 4+yrs. I thought i'd have some type of withdrawls.....amazingly enough i've been VERY HAPPY overall with the performace of the 4S---i dont even miss the led noti light i really am very pleased

Also, Siri is absolutely awesome. I've used it on several occasions which came in really handy, and well---i'm very impressed with just that alone.

Good luck, and i really hope it'll work out for you There are plenty of people here that are willing to help out as well I've actually wondered to myself silently why i havent switched sooner.
    11-06-11 11:30 AM
    I was a loyal BB user for the last 10 years, made the jump on the release day to the 4S and have been very pleased. The BB does a few things better but the iPhone does the other things you wanted the BB to do WAY better than you expected. And that list of things I thought the BB did better is getting smaller all the time.

Where you wanted your BB to do more of this and more of that, the iPhone did it already. Even the touchscreen typing is fine, apple's predictive text is so spot on you can basically match the speed of the BB.

As long as my job doesn't make me use a BB again, I don't see myself picking up a BB for a long time.
    11-06-11 01:09 PM
    I really hope you like the 4S. It's definitely different from BlackBerry but it's well worth the switch. The OS is so fluid and smooth. Nothing like it! I find the virtual keyboard to be very easy to use, especially with autocorrect it makes typing so much easier. I love that there are keyboard shortcuts like the BlackBerry has.

Definitely give it a fair shot. I find that I don't miss the LED that much. It's actually liberating not always being drawn to that flashing light.

There is so much I love about this device!
    11-06-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD