So I own a XS Max, and when I originally ordered it I was skeptical about its 3174mAh battery, but having owned iPads and having family members that used nothing but iPhones for most of the past decade without much complaints about battery so I decided to jump on.

Now typically my XS Max gets me 7.5-8hours SOT on average with normal mode, which is fantastic I get a full days usage and still have juice when I go to bed.

These last few weeks I decided to throw my XS Max in LP Mode due to the more aggressive rolling blackouts we have in the country. I am shocked at the results!

Some how Low Power Mode is squeezing out an extra +2hours SOT with all my heavy usage giving me 10hours SOT.
    This is despite my incredibly heavy usage of Social Media(FB, Insta, WhatsApp, Twitter etc...), Apple Music, YouTube etc...
    I also have my Apple Watch constantly synced. Have GMail and Outlook also going, these also push to my Watch and I have my Messages and Calls also syncing to my iPad.

Here is my usage from yesterday:

Take note I often go to bed with about ~30-35% battery left, I simply cannot kill the phone, it’s absolutely insane! Great job by Apple here, because from what I have seen all LP Mode does is limit SOME background activities but not all (as can be seen with WhatsApp and YouTube).

These are numbers one gets on most Android flagships with +4100mAh batteries in Power Save Mode.

I want to see how much SOT I can get but I doubt my body will allow this
    02-13-20 01:54 PM
    Yes, Apple has made great progress with battery life. My 11Pro (work phone) battery is damned hard to kill as well.
    02-13-20 03:58 PM
    So I own a XS Max, and when I originally ordered it I was skeptical about its 3174mAh battery, but having owned iPads and having family members that used nothing but iPhones for most of the past decade without much complaints about battery so I decided to jump on.

Now typically my XS Max gets me 7.5-8hours SOT on average with normal mode, which is fantastic I get a full days usage and still have juice when I go to bed.

These last few weeks I decided to throw my XS Max in LP Mode due to the more aggressive rolling blackouts we have in the country. I am shocked at the results!

Some how Low Power Mode is squeezing out an extra +2hours SOT with all my heavy usage giving me 10hours SOT.
    This is despite my incredibly heavy usage of Social Media(FB, Insta, WhatsApp, Twitter etc...), Apple Music, YouTube etc...
    I also have my Apple Watch constantly synced. Have GMail and Outlook also going, these also push to my Watch and I have my Messages and Calls also syncing to my iPad.

Here is my usage from yesterday:
    [IMG=1242x2688]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/f86284c9f9dcae51d5d50761f2264de4.png[/url][IMG=1242x2688]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/5220b2e0970d0f5434719d1a2dec3ebd.png[/url]

Take note I often go to bed with about ~30-35% battery left, I simply cannot kill the phone, it’s absolutely insane! Great job by Apple here, because from what I have seen all LP Mode does is limit SOME background activities but not all (as can be seen with WhatsApp and YouTube).

These are numbers one gets on most Android flagships with +4100mAh batteries in Power Save Mode.

I want to see how much SOT I can get but I doubt my body will allow this
    Wrong Forum?
    02-13-20 04:51 PM
    Wrong Forum?
    No
    02-13-20 05:29 PM
    No
    So....in your view Crackberry is now an Apple Platform?
    02-13-20 05:38 PM
    So....in your view Crackberry is now an Apple Platform?
    Check the subforum name.
    02-13-20 05:40 PM
    Damn, I'm wrong again :-) sorry
    Check the subforum name.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-13-20 05:41 PM
    If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll see that this is the iPhone subforum, which has been here for years. Many CB members carry more than one device. They can discuss iPhones here.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-13-20 05:42 PM
    Damn, I'm wrong again :-) sorry
    Haven't seen many admit it here. Kudos to you!
    02-13-20 05:42 PM
    Just got my new iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB after my XS Max was stolen, time to see how this huge 3900mAh battery compares
    03-02-20 01:49 PM
    If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll see that this is the iPhone subforum, which has been here for years. Many CB members carry more than one device. They can discuss iPhones here.
    And many need a option going forward...
    03-02-20 02:24 PM
    I owned a xs max for about 8 months and battery life got really bad. Got an 11 pro max 256 and it lasts me throughout the day with heavy usage. Very impressed

Posted via CB10
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-17-20 03:49 PM
    I owned a xs max for about 8 months and battery life got really bad. Got an 11 pro max 256 and it lasts me throughout the day with heavy usage. Very impressed

Posted via CB10
    Got a 11 Pro Max 256GB to after my XS Max was stolen and yep, the 11 Pro Max is leagues above, it’s incredible how long it lasts, I am in bed now it’s 11PM and I am on 42%, on a week day I got to bed with about 50-55% battery.
    05-17-20 04:03 PM
    Hello,

Yes indeed. Apple is great and it gets with every new model even greater. I have no comments about Apple. I am also a fan of it. I have a 4 years old Iphone and my battery it's almost like in the first day I purchased it. I have 4 devices synced with it, I am always on Youtube, games, social media like Instagram, Facebook etc. and at the end of my day I remain with 20% battery. I even have 2 days when I don't even have to charge it. Even the GPS doesn't use so much battery.
    The only problem I find is that, when I'm outside and it's too cold, then drops my battery insanely fast.

lg
    03-30-21 08:59 AM
    Hello,

Yes indeed. Apple is great and it gets with every new model even greater. I have no comments about Apple. I am also a fan of it. I have a 4 years old Iphone and my battery it's almost like in the first day I purchased it. I have 4 devices synced with it, I am always on Youtube, games, social media like Instagram, Facebook etc. and at the end of my day I remain with 20% battery. I even have 2 days when I don't even have to charge it. Even the GPS doesn't use so much battery.
    The only problem I find is that, when I'm outside and it's too cold, then drops my battery insanely fast.

lg
    In the end I do wonder how long Apple's impressive hardware and optimized software would last on a 5,000mAh. I have the XR from a few years ago and wife has the 12 Pro Max.... battery life isn't the issue it once was for iPhone.
    03-30-21 03:49 PM
    In the end I do wonder how long Apple's impressive hardware and optimized software would last on a 5,000mAh. I have the XR from a few years ago and wife has the 12 Pro Max.... battery life isn't the issue it once was for iPhone.
    Indeed,the 3969mAh unit in the 11 Pro Max has really been impressing me, I get well over 10 hours Screen On Time regularly on heavy days and it can go for a good few days with moderate usage.

I hope the 13 Pro Max will bring at least a 4500mAh unit, considering the 12 Pro Max is getting such great battery with a 3687mAh unit, one can indeed only imagine what happens when Apple cross the 4000mAh line with an even more efficient 5nm+ chip. I think we will see 5000mAh much further down the line maybe with their foldable iPhone.
    04-02-21 05:19 AM
    I bought my iPhone XR one year ago, and my battery is still great
    10-27-21 12:21 PM