08-22-11 08:02 PM
74 123
tools
    Ok so I'm makin the leap from bb to iphone on 8/20, now all this talk of iphone5 makes me crazy! But I think I'm still going w/ the 4! Yay me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 07:18 PM
    Ok so I'm makin the leap from bb to iphone on 8/20, now all this talk of iphone5 makes me crazy! But I think I'm still going w/ the 4! Yay me lol

I would wait.
    08-08-11 07:35 PM
    I would wait.
    Good things come to those who do

Sent from my Incredible
    08-08-11 09:20 PM
    I think at this point in the life cycle of the 4, waiting for the 5 is a pretty good thing to do. If you're going to keep the handset for 12 months+ you'll be pleased you waited a couple of months.

S
    08-09-11 09:34 AM
    Its killin me now waiting! When is release of iphone5? My iphone4 is a birthday present! Ugh what to do what to do! Lol is there gonna be A LOT of changes?

08-09-11 10:27 PM
    Its killin me now waiting! When is release of iphone5? My iphone4 is a birthday present! Ugh what to do what to do! Lol is there gonna be A LOT of changes?

Enough to make you regret buying an iPhone 4, not enough to make it your dream phone
    08-10-11 10:34 AM
    I'm trying to be patient as well, and considering this will be my first iPhone, it's difficult.

My S2 is horrid. Can't answer calls half the time, delay with texts, typing, you name it. SOOOO hating my phone.

Was deadset on the monaco/ (Torch Touch, whatever) and it does look really nice, but that's not out for awhile either.

So, the wait continues. I was really close to just getting the iP4, but I'm intent on waiting for the new one. I'm a gadget lover guy for sure, so that's part of it, but really, I just want a new phone to replace my POS Storm 2.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    08-10-11 12:31 PM
    I'm trying to be patient as well, and considering this will be my first iPhone, it's difficult.

My S2 is horrid. Can't answer calls half the time, delay with texts, typing, you name it. SOOOO hating my phone.

Was deadset on the monaco/ (Torch Touch, whatever) and it does look really nice, but that's not out for awhile either.

So, the wait continues. I was really close to just getting the iP4, but I'm intent on waiting for the new one. I'm a gadget lover guy for sure, so that's part of it, but really, I just want a new phone to replace my POS Storm 2.
    Same boat. My 9780 is okay. I tried booking a hotel on it yesterday and the browser was so slow I gave up. The phone has so many issues now. It is hard waiting for new technology. Wonder when iPhone 6 is released !
    08-10-11 04:04 PM

It's ONLY a phone! It's not like it's the end of the world, LOL. Relax! Get out more! Chill out! LOL
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-11-11 10:46 PM
    It's ONLY a phone! It's not like it's the end of the world, LOL. Relax! Get out more! Chill out! LOL
    I'm NOT a hermit! Jus wanted advice! Who pulled ur chain anyways?!?

08-15-11 12:34 PM
    I would wait.
    +1
    This close to release I would definitely wait. I had a friend in the same position last year and he bought the 3GS and regretted it.
    08-15-11 12:38 PM
    One thing I'm wondering, don't know if it's already been talked about, but does this mean that the iP6 (or whatever) is going to be released Sept 2012, or are they returning to their normal cycle?

If it is the latter, either this phone or the next one will only be a small hardware update I think, seeing as they are going to be closer together.
    08-15-11 12:43 PM
    ^the i5 is rumored to be a large hardware update.so with that said,apple can either release a small hardware update with an i5s or release an even larger hardware update with the i6.only apple will determine which path they want to embark on.as for the release date,i think apple will keep this timeframe(sept-oct) in 2012 if all goes to plan.but if they want things out in a hurry then their normal cycle will be back up and running again.when we get to 2012,we will know for sure.until then its all rumors.
    08-15-11 10:06 PM
    There's a guy in Chicago, waiting for the iPhone5. Here's his picture.
    08-16-11 12:45 PM
    oct 7.can't wait.hope all the devices im considering are in by then or mid-october.
    08-16-11 08:44 PM
    I want to see what the new one offers before I decide to go apple, android, or wait for qnx BB. If its not a huge upgrade I may just craigslist an iphone 4 and run out contract and go monthly until there is a new phone I want.

08-16-11 09:39 PM
    There's a guy in Chicago, waiting for the iPhone5. Here's his picture.
    2 funny!!!!!!
    08-16-11 09:50 PM
    Good evening everyone. I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question so hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer. I am new with AT&T I switched over to them in July 2010 when my employer switched from VZW. Do they allow you to do a one year upgrade on a iphone. I realize the cost will not be $199/$299 however do they give people a hard time about this? Would I be better off calling in through sales or going to a local store?

The store close to my home actually has very friendly helpful employees. In fact I have seen a change in the level of customer service over the past year(for the better). Anyhow I would love to get some insight from members that have been with AT&T for awhile.

Thanks
    08-18-11 07:42 PM
    im salivating to see a released picture of the iphone 5.come on apple,give your people something to excite them in the meantime.i bought an i4 and played with it for a few days before returning it last year.but it was not the same feeling.i feel the i5 is going to be a monumental update.
    08-19-11 05:56 PM
    Good evening everyone. I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question so hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer. I am new with AT&T I switched over to them in July 2010 when my employer switched from VZW. Do they allow you to do a one year upgrade on a iphone. I realize the cost will not be $199/$299 however do they give people a hard time about this? Would I be better off calling in through sales or going to a local store?

The store close to my home actually has very friendly helpful employees. In fact I have seen a change in the level of customer service over the past year(for the better). Anyhow I would love to get some insight from members that have been with AT&T for awhile.

Thanks
    I have not seen 1 year contracts from the iPhone. Whether you're eligible or not, you sign a new 2 year contract.
    08-19-11 09:38 PM
    Looks like launch will be early October according to a loose lipped ATT executive.....
    08-20-11 10:25 AM
    now october? eeh...fine...
    08-20-11 12:59 PM
    I'm a little worried Sprint may not be getting it as quickly as Verizon or AT&T. Honestly I'd probably rather have the iPhone 5 over anything else, but if the Nexus Prime hits Sprint in October and iphone 5 is still vaporware, I'm going that direction, which is supposed to the Google/Android ultraphone and main competitor to the iPhone 5.
    08-20-11 02:57 PM
    Thanks Duvi. I know they do not have one year contracts but I would like to know if I can do an upgrade after one year on my contract. I would expect that I will have to renew for another two years. I know verizon did this when I was with them, does AT&T?

08-22-11 08:02 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD