It's going to have issues. Every new product has issues. You can have your engineers pour through the code 100 times, you can secretly hide them in plain sight and have your employees run numerous tests on them in the "real world." But despite all measures and precautions you take, when you put a phone in front of millions of people, those millions of people will undoubtedly find something wrong with it.

Now, the question is how big of an issue is it and how prevalent is the issue? If it's .000001% of users having issues with the yellow tinted screen, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's 25% of users experiences horrendous battery life, then take some precautions before purchasing.

In terms of iPhone4, realistically speaking it wasn't as large of an issue as the media/tech universe made it out to be. Most phones when choked at their antenna points will drop in signal (simple Physics here). It's just that when your antennas are visible on the outside of the phone....well you have the fiasco that you did. Yet despite that, they still sold phones like crazy.

Anyway, your call...
    yeah um....i'm not sure what part of my saying i'm going to wait launched you into a 3 paragraph rant, but....

yeah i'm aware there will be issues. i got the new BBs every time one came out. I got the iphone 4 a month after the "huge" antenna issue and i never had a problem...so...i'm still going to wait and see. hope that's ok with you.

also, i know it's about a 2% chance it will look like this, but my favorite iphone 5 rumor design is:
    07-31-11 03:12 AM
    also, i know it's about a 2% chance it will look like this, but my favorite iphone 5 rumor design is:
    The problem I have with that design is it just looks....off. Apple make sexy products, and I just haven't seen any larger screen designs/mock-ups pull off the Apple signature look yet. Hopefully we'll know something in August.
    07-31-11 03:41 AM
    iphone 5 release day is like kids waking up to unwrap presents around a christmas tree on christmas morning.youtube videos of how long the lines are is truly astounding of what depth people would go for tech these days.tech is no longer a luxury,its an everyday necessity.tech is everywhere-streets,coffee shops,offices,etc.the people that lived before the tech era truly deserve a standing ovation for being able to use their brain without any tech guidance.
    There are differences between gadgets and tech. A phone is not a gadget a iPod is IMO. When I buy tech I always ask myself if some aspect of my life will be improved, will I make more money due to efficiency?

If the answer is no, I don't buy it. Which is why I'm still on my s2.

There are people who live and die by the latest in gadgets, those are the people who camp out.

I remember my grandmas house has a fancy round b/w tv, in a beautiful wood cabinet...
    07-31-11 07:05 AM
    That render looks ridiculous. I've been snooping around quite a bit on the new iphone, and I've come across some pretty compelling arguments as to why Apple would actually not consider modifying the display size or resolution on the iphone/ipod sized devices, despite it being a topic of interest to the customer base. But, who really knows what they have in mind at this point...very few people.
    Last edited by Brandon26pdx; 07-31-11 at 08:33 PM.
    07-31-11 01:45 PM
    That render looks ridiculous, and I've been snooping around quite a bit on the new iphone, and I've come across some pretty compelling arguments as to why Apple would actually not consider modifying the display size or resolution on the iphone/ipod sized devices, despite it being a topic of interest to the customer base. But, who really knows what they have in mind at this point...very few people.
    i hope they get a bigger screen. i didn't notice how small the screens are until i went from an G2X back to my iphone. at the very least i'd like a better camera.
    07-31-11 02:22 PM
    There are differences between gadgets and tech. A phone is not a gadget a iPod is IMO. When I buy tech I always ask myself if some aspect of my life will be improved, will I make more money due to efficiency?

If the answer is no, I don't buy it. Which is why I'm still on my s2.

There are people who live and die by the latest in gadgets, those are the people who camp out.

I remember my grandmas house has a fancy round b/w tv, in a beautiful wood cabinet...

i know what a gadget is. i was just mentioning how the iphone 5 will create hysteria like every new iphone that debuts every year.its anticipation is very high.i realize that you don't go out and buy new tech if it doesn't help you make more money.but thats not my reason for tech importance.e.g.nfc on smartphones.now people can leave their credit cards at home and just swipe their phone when buying stuff.this shows how tech has evolved over the years.i myself don't upgrade every year.i research if any new phone is worth the upgrade.if not,i wait until something worthy comes along.i always get bunch of stuff in the mail from my carrier telling me that i should upgrade.but im too smart to do it right now.thats why i just throw the mail out.
    07-31-11 03:53 PM
    i hope they get a bigger screen. i didn't notice how small the screens are until i went from an G2X back to my iphone. at the very least i'd like a better camera.
    Rumor is 8 megapixel. Hopefully it will also be improved as well past the megapixel density. I'm hoping 1080p recording this time as well, but I haven't seen any rumors regarding that aspect yet.

It be nice to see a 1.3 or 2.0 mp front camera as well, but again I've neither seen nor heard anything to that effect.
    07-31-11 09:26 PM
    I've heard the 8mp camera and 1080p recording rumor also (the camera is made by Sony) My opinion: likely. Also likely is the 1GHz A5 dual core processor from the ipad 2.
    07-31-11 11:24 PM
    I've heard the 8mp camera and 1080p recording rumor also (the camera is made by Sony) My opinion: likely. Also likely is the 1GHz A5 dual core processor from the ipad 2.
    I'd have to say likely as well. The dual core makes sense, so does the upgraded camera. The back and forth right now is new design or iPhone 4 design (essentially a 4GS), and of course, screen size. Is it larger? If so, is resolution increased or is it the same?
    08-01-11 05:03 AM
    i know what a gadget is. i was just mentioning how the iphone 5 will create hysteria like every new iphone that debuts every year.its anticipation is very high.i realize that you don't go out and buy new tech if it doesn't help you make more money.but thats not my reason for tech importance.e.g.nfc on smartphones.now people can leave their credit cards at home and just swipe their phone when buying stuff.this shows how tech has evolved over the years.i myself don't upgrade every year.i research if any new phone is worth the upgrade.if not,i wait until something worthy comes along.i always get bunch of stuff in the mail from my carrier telling me that i should upgrade.but im too smart to do it right now.thats why i just throw the mail out.
    Lol I think I agreed with you, apple fans are a fanatical bunch. I cannot imagine what my wife would say if I told her I was going to camp out to be the first to get the ipad 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 06:39 AM
    I'd have to say likely as well. The dual core makes sense, so does the upgraded camera. The back and forth right now is new design or iPhone 4 design (essentially a 4GS), and of course, screen size. Is it larger? If so, is resolution increased or is it the same?
    My money's on "4S". They may call it an "iPhone 5" for marketing purposes...that's a who-knows thing, but I'd be surprised if they changed the outward form factor at all from the "4", including the screen size and/or resolution. They rolled with the original form factor for 3 consecutive iterations before making any big appearance changes, so we know they're not afraid to stick with a design for awhile. If they did do a big redesign so quickly it would be strange and new behavior on their part. Plus they have to know it would annoy recent VZW and ATT buyers who jumped on the "4", who'd probably feel like they bought an "old too soon" phone.
    08-01-11 11:03 AM
    In all honesty, I'd love all four of the major carriers to be given the 5th generation iPhone.

We know Verizon and AT&T will carry both... for sure.
    08-01-11 11:48 AM
    I camped out last year but won't do that this year or ever again.
    08-01-11 12:54 PM
    I camped out last year but won't do that this year or ever again.
    Neither will I. I will be pre-ordering for delivery this time.

Last year I pre-ordered to pick up in store thinking that it would take longer to get delivered. Well... last year, everyone started receiving it more than a day early.
    08-01-11 03:32 PM
    can you preorder through apple or do you have to order through your respective carrier?
    08-01-11 06:19 PM
    can you preorder through apple or do you have to order through your respective carrier?
    I think both, but I know Apple does pre-orders. Personally, I'd just go through them than your carrier
    08-01-11 11:13 PM
    are they taking preorders yet?!?! :P
    08-04-11 07:36 PM
    I'm waiting to see, too!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-11 09:56 PM
    are they taking preorders yet?!?! :P

The only reason you don't see a pre-order page yet is Apple's lawyers would sue them for 100x their worth, 10x over.
    08-05-11 07:46 AM
    lol yeah i know...i asked an apple CS rep about it and he was like "new iphone? what? impossible!" mhm...
    08-06-11 11:53 AM
    They don't know anything specific. Very good chance it will be announced this month though.
    08-06-11 04:09 PM
    Beta 5 has dropped.........OTA
    08-06-11 04:34 PM
    hope there will be leaked pics before we get to the announcement by apple for the iphone 5.
    08-06-11 06:48 PM
    hope there will be leaked pics before we get to the announcement by apple for the iphone 5.
    Well, there is supposed leak cases and leaked part photos already (which doesn't do much, I know).

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen any leaked photos yet. On the one hand, Apple does take a lot of pride in security of new products. On the other hand, with the release supposedly soon, testing well under way, and production apparently already occurring, I would have thought Mr. Blurrycam might have made an appearance already.
    08-06-11 09:47 PM
    I would have thought Mr. Blurrycam might have made an appearance already.
    He probably already did
    08-06-11 11:24 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD