07-25-11 09:58 AM
    I'm sure like every year millions of people are ready for the next iPhone. Especially in the US now that it's on an additional carrier with rumors of also being launched on more carriers should make for an interesting launch. We'll get a percentage of current iPhone users looking to upgrade, VZW users who didn't want to bite on an "old" device. New smartphone users, etc.... Probably going to be a big as ever this year.
    07-25-11 10:01 AM
    07-25-11 01:02 PM
    awesome! i hope verizon picks it up soon too!
    07-25-11 05:10 PM
    I would say they release together.
    07-25-11 05:21 PM
    I would say they release together.
    Yeah. I see no reason why they wouldn't release together. Maybe a few days
    apart I can see. But I doubt it. If someone walks into an Apple store I'm sure
    Apple prefers to have both available. And who knows? Maybe Sprint will carry it,
    too.
    07-25-11 06:58 PM
    I have a current upgrade just sitting there, waiting patiently.........................
    07-25-11 07:39 PM
    It's going to be nuts when they release it. Just amongst my friends (mostly BB users), once imessanger was announced they have all been waited for this to drop. I'm happy to be finally done with my Torch, and be able to use Skype freely (I'm an AT&T user).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 08:38 PM
    awesome! i hope verizon picks it up soon too!
    me too! I'm patiently waiting on one of my lines to become avail for an upgrade this Nov., but in Aug I'm actually going to call Vzw and see if they'll allow an 'early upgrade' so I can jump from my bb to a white 32g iPhone I've been messing with my hubby's since he got it 2wks ago and i LOVE it!!! if Vzw tells me no to the early upgrade in Aug I will wait (not patiently either lol) for the iP5 & grab it in Nov.

07-25-11 09:16 PM
    Me too! I can't wait for the iPhone 5.

I have a current upgrade just sitting there, waiting patiently.........................
    07-26-11 04:18 AM
    Hoping against hope that some of the rumors and indicators are right, that it is released early to mid September.
    07-26-11 10:30 AM
    I'm eligible for an upgrade but I would have to see what the iPhone 5 offers over my iPhone 4. It works great and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. We shall see what surprises the new iPhone holds and whether or not I'm compelled to upgrade.

07-26-11 11:02 AM
    I'm eligible for an upgrade but I would have to see what the iPhone 5 offers over my iPhone 4. It works great and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. We shall see what surprises the new iPhone holds and whether or not I'm compelled to upgrade.

Agreed. That's where I'm at right now. Is it going to be a substantial upgrade (think iPhone 3GS to iPhone4), or a minor upgrade (iPhone 3G to iPhone 3GS).

I'm betting roughly same design (rumors of course peg a higher resolution and/or larger screen), but I could see them dropping in a dual-core processor IF they've managed to deal with any heat issues and/or battery life issues.

Being that I'm upgrade eligible as of a week ago, I'm waiting to see what Apple has to offer before deciding to switch to iOS or stick with BB and go with a Torch 9810, 9860, or 9900.
    07-27-11 06:07 AM
    iOS 5 is nice great OS I am on Beta 4 and have had NO issues.
    07-27-11 09:56 AM
    I'm waiting on the 5, but only so the price of the 4 goes down. I'm sitting on 2 upgrades and it's causing me fits.

07-29-11 12:48 AM
    This time iphone 5 will have notification. omg!!! worlds first for some people. And a mute switch from palm treo. And maybe free bumper if you want to make calls.
    Millions buy toyota. I only buy mercedes.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-29-11 01:21 AM
    My money is resting on a Sept 15th Release date......
    07-29-11 10:16 AM
    And who knows? Maybe Sprint will carry it,
    too.
    That's the rumor on the street...
    07-29-11 02:16 PM
    My money is resting on a Sept 15th Release date......
    i hope you're right! i was trying to find a nailed-down picture of what it looks like...no luck.
    07-30-11 06:56 AM
    i hope you're right! i was trying to find a nailed-down picture of what it looks like...no luck.
    That's because under normal conditions photo leaks of Apple products rarely happen, and if they do, it's usually a few days before being announced.

The iPhone4 is probably one of the largest and earliest leaks I can remember Apple having in the past few years.

That being said, what does get out very quickly is cases from China, who already have the physical specs in hand.

Check out MacRumors. You'll see the new case designs. Basically, mute button is going over to the other side and the phone seems to be thinner and larger screen.

Of course, any internal upgrades remain a mystery; as for the screen, rumor has it being larger, but if so, no word on whether resolution will increase or PPI will decrease.
    07-30-11 09:13 AM
    I wish I had the money. My upgrade is I think 9-12 or 9-26 and I would love to get one. I dunno. If the iP4 prices drop I may try one then and see if I like it. It would be a nice anniversary gift lol.
    07-30-11 09:18 AM
    iphone 5 release day is like kids waking up to unwrap presents around a christmas tree on christmas morning.youtube videos of how long the lines are is truly astounding of what depth people would go for tech these days.tech is no longer a luxury,its an everyday necessity.tech is everywhere-streets,coffee shops,offices,etc.the people that lived before the tech era truly deserve a standing ovation for being able to use their brain without any tech guidance.
    07-30-11 07:25 PM
    i might wait til after the hype dies down...plus if they have issues like the 4 did, it would be best to avoid all that...i'll prolly wait til thanksgiving-ish
    07-30-11 07:30 PM
    I wish I had the money. My upgrade is I think 9-12 or 9-26 and I would love to get one. I dunno. If the iP4 prices drop I may try one then and see if I like it. It would be a nice anniversary gift lol.
    When the iPhone4 prices drop....

If it's like every other launch, expect $100 discounts on the iPhone4 models to clear them from inventory as the iPhone5 goes on sale.

Honestly, they aren't bad phones at all. I'm on the edge between the iPhone5 and Torch 2 personally. The reason I've been using BlackBerry is physical keyboard, but I'm just waiting to see what comes out of Cupertino.
    07-31-11 01:06 AM
    i might wait til after the hype dies down...plus if they have issues like the 4 did, it would be best to avoid all that...i'll prolly wait til thanksgiving-ish
    It's going to have issues. Every new product has issues. You can have your engineers pour through the code 100 times, you can secretly hide them in plain sight and have your employees run numerous tests on them in the "real world." But despite all measures and precautions you take, when you put a phone in front of millions of people, those millions of people will undoubtedly find something wrong with it.

Now, the question is how big of an issue is it and how prevalent is the issue? If it's .000001% of users having issues with the yellow tinted screen, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's 25% of users experiences horrendous battery life, then take some precautions before purchasing.

In terms of iPhone4, realistically speaking it wasn't as large of an issue as the media/tech universe made it out to be. Most phones when choked at their antenna points will drop in signal (simple Physics here). It's just that when your antennas are visible on the outside of the phone....well you have the fiasco that you did. Yet despite that, they still sold phones like crazy.

Anyway, your call...
    07-31-11 01:10 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD