I would like to hear from those hardcore BB users that gave the iPhone a fair change and made the jump to experience the other side. Share your experience. I have been using BB for a year now and I have to admit the iPhone is very enticing.

Kevin: I heard that you have an iPhone in your possession. Please share.
    07-19-08 12:55 PM
    we all love it, there are a few reviews and some of the dislikes all within this forum, just glance through the topics, it would be redundant to post everything again

come to the darkside...we have cookies...LOL well not really but...ya know
    07-19-08 12:59 PM
    I tried a first generation iphone, didnt care for the touchscreen keypad. Sold it when my contract was up with at&t and made the jump to tmobile. Love my curve....
    07-19-08 01:02 PM
    I made the jump with the 1st generation. I sold it back in February in preparation of the 3g iPhone (so many rumors made it seem like it was coming out soon.)

It's been great. The GPS is on point... Better than my Curve ever was or any phone for that matter. Last night / this morning, I was with a friend parked by the park and we were parked on right side of the street. I put it in Satellite mode and zoomed in and saw the dot on the right side.

The jump was great back then and even better now. The white one looks so sexii as well.
    07-19-08 03:14 PM
    LOL you do know that is not real time satellite view LMAO
    07-19-08 03:24 PM
    Not sure what you meant by it or how it was being referenced to my post... Please explain?
    07-19-08 03:33 PM
    I took the plunge today. Enjoying it so far but I haven't gotten rid of my BB just yet.
    07-19-08 08:51 PM
    LOL you do know that is not real time satellite view LMAO
    What dies that have to do with anything he said?

Let me try the question in derogetory terms you may better understand...

"You do know that realtime satellite view has nothing to do with his context? LMAO"

Work for ya?
    07-19-08 09:32 PM
    we all love it, there are a few reviews and some of the dislikes all within this forum, just glance through the topics, it would be redundant to post everything again

come to the darkside...we have cookies...LOL well not really but...ya know
    you almost had me, but like Halloween as a child, i don't take cookies from strangers
    07-19-08 10:10 PM
    What dies that have to do with anything he said?

Let me try the question in derogetory terms you may better understand...

"You do know that realtime satellite view has nothing to do with his context? LMAO"

Work for ya?

Rofl... I was really puzzled. I'm like wtf. It reminded me of this movie (the name of it is at the tip of my tongue, I know SS should know it) where the guy was trying to be the first one to clap to have everyone start clapping with him and throughout the movie he kept on doing it too late or at the wrong time.

07-19-08 11:08 PM
    Can't remember the movie either. Back to the OP, I've had the 3G iPhone for over a week now. Passed on the first gen iPhone for a variety of reasons but long story short, needed ActiveSync for work and wasn't going via WinBlowz. Unfortunately, I'm not high up enough on my company's food chain for BES access so the 2.0 software with ActiveSync made sense. Decent buy in price along with not caring about ATT's data price increase (I get a cell allowance) made it irresistible. So far, I'm very happy overall with the iPhone. Overall performance call be a little sluggish compared to gen one. But, call quality is excellent where I am (MD) and was on the road in Columbia, SC last week - never lost a cell signal on EDGE. Heck, most of the time, 5 bars. Works great on ActiveSync too - work email shows on phone before Outlook - just as in previous WinMo instances. However, iPhone OSX is a **** of a lot more stable!
    07-20-08 09:45 PM
    taking the plunge in 3-10 business days when my 3g gets to me

been a bb user for over 5 years...its a scary jump, but lets see how it goes!
    07-21-08 11:19 AM
    taking the plunge in 3-10 business days when my 3g gets to me

been a bb user for over 5 years...its a scary jump, but lets see how it goes!

We'll catch you man... Don't worry. It's only the first floor, so you're good.
    07-21-08 05:17 PM

We'll catch you man... Don't worry. It's only the first floor, so you're good.
    LMAO - Amen. WinMo X 4, Treo X 2, Crackberry X 1 and now I'm on the iPhone. It has some issues but, big picture (pun intended ) evaluation? I love the damned thing and won't trade it for anything. And that's saying a lot because my 8310 was the most road warrior worthy phone I'd ever owned before. But, this thing works for me now as well in most regards, better in others. And is only going to get better as upgrades & better apps hit the scene.
    07-21-08 09:11 PM
    I upgraded from an 8700 to an iPhone, and did not care for it. I now have a curve and I am extremely pleased. I will always own a BB.
    07-21-08 09:15 PM
    Well, I tried moving away from the BlackBerry and waited in line from 4:30am at the NYC 5th ave store. Now I think I am going to take the iPhone 3g back. As much as I love every single feature of the phone i have still not been able to get ActiveSync to work. This is absolutely a deal breaker for me. Sadly I will be returning the device this week. Anyone have similar problems and want to share a killer solution for this email issue?
    07-22-08 01:29 PM
    Well, I tried moving away from the BlackBerry and waited in line from 4:30am at the NYC 5th ave store. Now I think I am going to take the iPhone 3g back. As much as I love every single feature of the phone i have still not been able to get ActiveSync to work. This is absolutely a deal breaker for me. Sadly I will be returning the device this week. Anyone have similar problems and want to share a killer solution for this email issue?

My boss set it up fast and easy. Have you tried calling Apple care for assistance?
    07-22-08 01:50 PM
    I made an appointment with the genius bar and they didn't help at all. Would apple care be able to provide better support?
    07-24-08 05:58 PM
    IMO, Apple support (phone or even online) does provide better support.

07-25-08 09:15 AM
    bye bye blackberry and hello iphone
    07-25-08 05:17 PM
    bye bye blackberry and hello iphone
    Welcome aboard.
    07-25-08 10:37 PM
    jayden that movie is "not another teen movie"....i have a curve for work and a 1st gen for pleasure (waiting to get the 3g when the new colors come out)
    07-25-08 10:55 PM
    I should be getting mine by the end of next week, I can't wait!! Still keeping my berry for backup though. Has anyone tried the MobileMe service??
    07-26-08 12:56 PM
    I should be getting mine by the end of next week, I can't wait!! Still keeping my berry for backup though. Has anyone tried the MobileMe service??
    I love the MobileMe service. I haven't had the hiccups others have had besides the initial process of getting MobileMe setup on my PC. When setting MobileMe up, ensure your login is the same when you first created your .mac/.me account.

I created my login with no cap and when trying to login on my PC for syncing, I was capitalizing it. It works now without a hitch.
    07-26-08 01:59 PM
    havent signed up for mobile me yet

I love the MobileMe service. I haven't had the hiccups others have had besides the initial process of getting MobileMe setup on my PC. When setting MobileMe up, ensure your login is the same when you first created your .mac/.me account.

I created my login with no cap and when trying to login on my PC for syncing, I was capitalizing it. It works now without a hitch.
    07-26-08 05:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD