This just makes me laugh Must be awful to have that much hate and no place to put it but in a web forum lol
    Yeah, I don't get down with the phone bashing myself. I don't care if someone uses Droid, iOS, or a Zach Morris cell phone. If you love it then more power to you.

The beauty of choice in ones phone is the best of all. The only other platform I'd consider getting for me is iOS again besides my beloved BB. But I respect Android and Winmo is starting to look like a respectable contender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    12-30-10 08:27 PM
    Yeah I don't either, not the useless troll type remarks... to quote someone from another forum, "I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie..."

It was so good, I put it in my signature line of that forum lol
    12-31-10 02:00 AM
    thanks everyone for your comments. I really do think I'm going to give the Iphone4 a run!

By the way, I wasnt saying anything bad about Androids. I just want the same brand name phone as the OS I'm running. For example, a Blackberry is a Blackberry phone with a Blackberry OS.. an Apple is an Apple phone with an Apple OS, Androids is just an OS on any type of different brand phone. For some reason I like having the same brand phone as my OS... I'm weird like that I guess
    I say try it. Give it 30 days, see if it works for you. If it's not right for you, move on.
    The only thing you have to risk is being a more informed, well rounded smartphone user.
    12-31-10 09:04 PM
    Ok, riddle me this, kiddies. What's the point in having the iphone if I still keep my iPod Touch 4th gen 64 gig? The only reason I can see would be if I got rid of the ipod 64gig, got the iphone 32gig in order to consolidate and have one device to carry around with me all the time.

Right? I mean, that's the whole point in a nut shell, isn't it? Other wise, why not just stay where I'm at now?

It's those damn iPod Touches that kill us. Once you have one of them, thinking ah, I won't go full boar and stupid and go get the iPhone, I'll just get this iPod Touch 4th generation and I'll be all set with the fiending, blah blah blah.

Oh sure. That just made it worse. However, now I don't really know what I want to do. Go with a 32 gig iPhone and what, dump this Touch? Keep it and be in the same stupid boat almost that I'm in now only I've jumped full on ***** into Apple la la land and now I have an iPhone and an iPod and hence, over kill that I don't really need? That doesn't make sense either.

I was right the first time. I do hate Apple.

Oh, have I mentioned that I use an iPad as a photography portfolio? Yeah. An iPAD. You read that right. lol

Or that the husband stepped on and destroyed my MacBook Pro a few months ago and that I'm still giving him the stink eye til he replaces it?

Yeah, we all hate Apple around here.
    If you're that curious, just do it. Get the i4. If you don't like it, sell it and lose very little.
    I had a bb for a year, got bored, tried the 3GS out of curiosity, and I still like it.

I may get bored again and try android at some point, whatever.
    It's just a device, a thing, a possession.

Think of a smartphone as a toaster with network connectivity.
    It's better to put your foot in the pool and see if the water is warm, than to walk away wondering and second guessing yourself.
    12-31-10 09:18 PM
    Well, I finally made the switch two days ago and I've been loving it ever since. I'll be testing it out like crazy during the next few weeks but I honestly can't see me returning this. I think I'm pretty much sold on my new iPhone 4 32gig. I love it! So far, the phone reception has been just fine. Everything else about my BB I really don't miss.

Had to laugh when, 2nd day into it the alarms didn't work. lolol I did find the work arounds for it and read that it all should be working fine by tomorrow. I just thought that was hilarious when it just happened to occur right after I get the thing. I'm all "wtf?" lol

Still, it's awesome and I think I'll even be able to sell off my iPod Touch 4th gen 64 gig to subsidize the cost of this iphone which will help me out even more as this seems like it'll be enough for me.

I loved my BBs but I've finally switched over to the other side..........
    01-02-11 10:17 AM
    Well, I finally made the switch two days ago and I've been loving it ever since. I'll be testing it out like crazy during the next few weeks but I honestly can't see me returning this. I think I'm pretty much sold on my new iPhone 4 32gig. I love it! So far, the phone reception has been just fine. Everything else about my BB I really don't miss.

Had to laugh when, 2nd day into it the alarms didn't work. lolol I did find the work arounds for it and read that it all should be working fine by tomorrow. I just thought that was hilarious when it just happened to occur right after I get the thing. I'm all "wtf?" lol

Still, it's awesome and I think I'll even be able to sell off my iPod Touch 4th gen 64 gig to subsidize the cost of this iphone which will help me out even more as this seems like it'll be enough for me.

Good to hear your loving your new iPhone. And hopefully after further use you decide to stick with it.
    01-02-11 11:15 AM

Welcome to the dark side glad to see you're loving the i4
    01-02-11 02:52 PM
    Love my iphone4
    01-03-11 12:53 AM
    Very cool stuff!
    01-03-11 08:15 AM
    If you try one out you will not put it down. Awesome device
    01-03-11 06:43 PM
    I made the switch my bb was honestly a POS compared to the iphone4 and I can't ever see myself having another bb again. The iphone 4 has great speed for internet surfing or loading apps and not to mention the internet wifi connection seems to pick up everytime compared to my bb.
    01-05-11 01:39 AM
    Welcome to the dark side.. I don't see myself ever going back to a BB lol
    01-05-11 01:49 AM
    I'm right there with you the pink model I had was very shotty and cheaply made and kept dropping calls and was honest to God the worst phone I have ever owned. I will never go back to owning a bb of any kind and not to mention the apps suck and the iphone has so many more to choose from that are free.
    01-05-11 01:54 AM
    I'm considering the same thing. On Dec 31st, I upgraded from Storm 2 to Torch. However, the Torch is so slow with apps, and the reception is terrible at times. Apparently an OS update will fix it, except my phone refuses to update. I have up to 7 days (next Tuesday) to pick whether I want to keep the Torch, or switch to iPhone 4 (gotta pay a bit too). I'm not sure...
    01-05-11 03:36 AM
    I'm considering the same thing. On Dec 31st, I upgraded from Storm 2 to Torch. However, the Torch is so slow with apps, and the reception is terrible at times. Apparently an OS update will fix it, except my phone refuses to update. I have up to 7 days (next Tuesday) to pick whether I want to keep the Torch, or switch to iPhone 4 (gotta pay a bit too). I'm not sure...
    I would go to the store and test drive out the iphone because that's what truly sold it to me over any other phone. After using the bb I have realized how far behind they truly are compared to other phone capabilities and it's a joke with how slow the updates are to fix bugs. After going through 3 models of bb I was calling it quits because RIM has a long way to go in my book.
    01-05-11 03:40 AM
    I would go to the store and test drive out the iphone because that's what truly sold it to me over any other phone. After using the bb I have realized how far behind they truly are compared to other phone capabilities and it's a joke with how slow the updates are to fix bugs. After going through 3 models of bb I was calling it quits because RIM has a long way to go in my book.
    I may have to do that. I have a feeling BBM is the only thing keeping them alive. OS 6 would be so good, if it didn't lag with every app that I used. It's a shame Storm 2 can't get OS 6. I like surepress. If I go iPhone, I would just get a new SIM to BBM on the Storm 2.
    01-05-11 04:00 AM

I'm thinking don't be an *****, spend that extra cash AND not listen to the guy at my store who really had no self interest in it at all to talk me out of an iphone in any way.

Congratulations on your new iphone! I have 6 more weeks and then I can upgrade. I was trying to wait for the next great bb, but I think that will not arrive for at least another year.

BTW, the guy at the store does have a vested interest in NOT selling you the iphone. There is no profit margin for them. They will only make money on the iphone if you buy accessories.
    01-06-11 02:57 PM
    I could just save my cash, keep the Torch, keep the iPod 4th Gen 64 gig and save myself a good mock fest from the hubby. Yeesh...........but I want this stupid thing bad and it's been months of severe iphone envy that will not go away.

All this and that tool at the AT&T store will mock me from here to eternity should I have but one reception problem. I can hear him now. "Told ya"

I hate Apple.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you love it, just like millions of people. You want what you want and in the end you'll back rationalize that decision. So try to do the least damage to your pocket, go for it and off you go.

Also, try checking the refurb iphones from the apple website to see if you can save more cash. You'll have the same 1 year warranty from apple and will be able to buy an extended one if you'd like. I bought my macbook air this way and saved around $400 bucks...works great![/QUOTE]

It works differently for phones. I got a refurb first and then the sleep button broke after a few weeks. I called in and they said the warranty is only from the original purchase date and it's 30 days unless you buy the extended (which covers almost nothing) anyway I managed to get a new phone out of them eventually but had to cough up a little extra money. That being said, I love my iPhone and since purchasing a new one have had no problems. P.s. My refurb also had issues with data, I could use it off wifi. A complete mess. Stay away from phone refurbs, their computer policies are much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 08:29 AM
    Ditto. I was a BB user for close to 6 years. All of that for me will change on February 10th. Unless the call quality for the VZW iPhone 4 is horrible and calls drop frequently, I will NEVER ever go back to a BB. The difference is night and day as far as functionality for me.

Hopefully I will not be eating my words but as a user of Apple products for the last 10 years, I don't see that happening.
    02-01-11 09:30 AM

Here is what you do. (what I did) if you want to save money.

Test drive the iphone 4. Take back your torch (ASAP) and take an iphone and tell the dealer, that you need a few days with it and see if you want to keep it.

They might even let you have more days (when early termination fee won't kick in)

When your days are up, take the iphone 4 back, say "thank you very much" but you will have to sit down and figure out what you want, so "please give me a few days let me think about it".

Not sure if Vodafone sells refurbished iphones , but here in USA , AT&T does. and I just went home, logged onto the website and bought an iphone 4 with a "cosmetic blemish" for a 100 dollars. Don't have to say, I still couldn't find the "cosmetic blemish" , I think it's a hair scratch somewhere in the back or the side somewhere, but don't be afraid of those sort of things, since the screen is scratch resistant, so it won't be on it, plus quality control wouldn't allow a touch screen phone to be re-sold if the screen itself is damaged.
    02-01-11 09:40 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD