I moved, stayed with iPhone for a couple of years and have now just moved back. The UI is simple, clear and largely efficient. The apps are wonderful. If you jailbreak it opens up a huge world for you, if you're ethically ok with it. It looks pretty.

It's not perfect though. Typing is not that good. Call quality is often poor. The speakerphone is terrible. Bluetooth is less consistent than Nokia for example. Many of the pretty futuristic elements (cover flow for example) are really just eye candy and aren't used much.
    Overall you will enjoy it. I did and would not have moved back unless I had gotten my iPad. With the iPad I wanted the best phone for use while actually moving (walking, driving) and the Blackberry beats the iPhone here.
    My best guess (according to the year comment) you were using the first iphone 3G or 3GS?

My friend had the first one a while back, and while I was setting it up for him, it was a turn off experience for me.

Situation is different now.

I think, most of the new users would be going for the 4, which is way better than the predecessors.
    12-17-10 12:27 AM
    My best guess (according to the year comment) you were using the first iphone 3G or 3GS?

My friend had the first one a while back, and while I was setting it up for him, it was a turn off experience for me.

Situation is different now.

I think, most of the new users would be going for the 4, which is way better than the predecessors.
    Agree 100%. The difference between 3GS and i4 is night and day, IMO.
    12-17-10 07:58 AM
    Agree 100%. The difference between 3GS and i4 is night and day, IMO.
    For some reason i think the 3Gs body form looks more elegant than the 4, sometimes i want to go back.
    12-17-10 08:46 AM
    I had the 3g and then the 3gs, each for a year. Family members have the iPhone 4 and I used it a bit. It is a lot better than the predecessors as it's faster and has an amazing screen. Still, for me it's a small iPad and not nearly as good at movies/books/games etc as the iPad. Given the presence of the iPad all I want from a cell phone is calls and a quality messaging device while moving. When sitting out comes the iPad. The Bold 9780 is better as a messaging device while moving than the iPhone 4 is imo. The 4 is an infinitely better phone overall. But for what I need it's not the answer.
    12-17-10 09:07 AM
    I went from a loyal BB user to an iPhone 4 and I'm glad I made the switch. There's no going back to BB. Not now, not ever.
    12-18-10 07:00 PM
    I used Blackberry for about 4 years. Briefly switched to Android and switched back. Then My boyfriend got me an iPhone 4 for my birthday. I fell in love. People make such a big deal that you have to jailbreak an iPhone to get full capabilities. But it's really quite simple and it makes the phone that much more amazing. I can't even imagine going to another phone full time. I'm a tech geek and always want to play with other phones (my parents have androids so every time they come to visit I play with theirs) but I feel right at home with my iP4.
    12-19-10 09:03 PM
    I guess you are. Hope you enjoy it and get your bumper so you can try to make a phone call.
    I love seeing these types of replies. Envy,Jealousy, and Fear all rolled into one. My BB9000 is now good for only one thing. I use the case that came with it to hold my iPhone.
    12-27-10 05:25 PM
    Loved my BB's also but no regrets changing to i4, it's great.
    However, I may have to ditch it to get rid of AT&T. Can't keep calls on their network (even on a bb)

So make sure AT&T will work for you.....
    12-27-10 07:11 PM
    I'm still seriously thinking of making the switch. I changed carriers a few months ago and I'm happy I did. I have much better coverage, esp inside the house, with AT&T. I opted to go with a Torch and stick with a BB and was happy I did esp when the AT&T at my local place who had an iPhone talked me out of an iPhone saying that his got terrible reception and we have a tower literally seconds from the shop he's located at, which is also very close to my home.

Even still, during the holidays I got more iPhone envy and I went to the Apple store yesterday and almost bit the bullet and bought one until I realized that AT&T would not give me the 199 and 299 prices but instead would charge me 399 just for the 16gig iphone 4. I wasn't sure I could justify that price combined with my fear that I'd be right back where I was with my old bb and Sprint and have lousy phone reception esp at home with what I've been hearing from random iPhone users AND with what my own local AT&T guy told me.

So, being the sucker for shiny objects that I am, I still have to ask..........If I'm getting awesome coverage with my Torch on AT&T now is it really possible for it to be up in the air as to whether or not I'll have the same great coverage just because I switch to an iPhone? I'm thinking don't be an *****, spend that extra cash AND not listen to the guy at my store who really had no self interest in it at all to talk me out of an iphone in any way.

For what it's worth, I do have an iPod Touch 64 gig and what I really wanted was the iPhone 32gig so I could possibly just have one nice device on me at all times but again, considering all things, reception-wise plus the lack of AT&T discounted price on the actual iPhone 4 itself, I suppose I'm better off with the Torch, right?

Maybe I just need more sensible hobbies like reading and gardening?
    Last edited by LeeJuly4; 12-28-10 at 09:02 AM.
    12-27-10 09:43 PM
    Seriously, nobody? I was hoping someone here would try to talk me into still giving the iPhone a shot.
    12-28-10 09:06 AM
    I'm still seriously thinking of making the switch. I changed carriers a few months ago and I'm happy I did. I have much better coverage, esp inside the house, with AT&T. I opted to go with a Torch and stick with a BB and was happy I did esp when the AT&T at my local place who had an iPhone talked me out of an iPhone saying that his got terrible reception and we have a tower literally seconds from the shop he's located at, which is also very close to my home.

Even still, during the holidays I got more iPhone envy and I went to the Apple store yesterday and almost bit the bullet and bought one until I realized that AT&T would not give me the 199 and 299 prices but instead would charge me 399 just for the 16gig iphone 4. I wasn't sure I could justify that price combined with my fear that I'd be right back where I was with my old bb and Sprint and have lousy phone reception esp at home with what I've been hearing from random iPhone users AND with what my own local AT&T guy told me.

So, being the sucker for shiny objects that I am, I still have to ask..........If I'm getting awesome coverage with my Torch on AT&T now is it really possible for it to be up in the air as to whether or not I'll have the same great coverage just because I switch to an iPhone? I'm thinking don't be an *****, spend that extra cash AND not listen to the guy at my store who really had no self interest in it at all to talk me out of an iphone in any way.

For what it's worth, I do have an iPod Touch 64 gig and what I really wanted was the iPhone 32gig so I could possibly just have one nice device on me at all times but again, considering all things, reception-wise plus the lack of AT&T discounted price on the actual iPhone 4 itself, I suppose I'm better off with the Torch, right?

Maybe I just need more sensible hobbies like reading and gardening?
    Why not sell your Torch on eBay I'm sure they are bringing a pretty decent penny it'll at least bring the $200 upgrade fee ... and if worse case you don't like your i4, which I highly doubt, but to each their own, you can sell it for BIG money and go back to your torch pretty painlessly, that's what I would do

AND.........

Seriously, nobody? I was hoping someone here would try to talk me into still giving the iPhone a shot.

I was die hard, loyal, BB user for almost 3 years, making the jump even to a 3GS a year ago was the best thing I ever did, and the 4 blows it away, you get a million times better reception with the 4, and enough the whole antennagate bs... never affected me.. EVER, a friend of mine has a torch, and she was like hey put your number in here, i lost it... it literally took me 10 mins to figure out how... after YEARS of being on a BB... and I'm very tech savvy lol... made me realize how much better the iPhone UI ... do I have you convinced yet ? LOL
    12-28-10 10:08 AM
    I"m reading between the lines here...you want someone to reaffirm what you already know. You are going to get an iphone.

However, if i had to pay that much for it, i would buy one off from Ebay or Craigslist. The reason for that being, i wouldn't have to sign a 2 year contract and still pay retail pricing.
    12-28-10 10:16 AM
    LOL, you're doing pretty good, actually.
    It's not the 200 I need, though. I'd have to cough up more. ATT won't let me upgrade for just the 200. If it were that price I wouldn't have that hard of a time deciding. It hasn't been long enough with me being with ATT for them to give me the normal discount so it's more like 399 and 499 for the 16gig and 32gig respectively. Ouch.

I'm trying to tell myself that I'd justify all this with selling my Torch plus my old Tour and even possibly my iPod Touch 64gig in order to streamline into having one device with me and even then bs-ing myself into thinking I can do this with a 16gig iPhone. lolol Honestly, I've only got less than 30 gigs used up on the iPod Touch and 23 of it is video and frankly with the Apple TV we have, it's not like I can watch all this video all at one time, you know? Even if I add more music I'm only at less than 5 gigs music. I want to think I can just add video here and there to keep myself amused at any given time and the music can just stay on the iphone, etc. and keep the video on my itunes library and just switch it all up.

Wow, got all this rationalized and totally b.s.-d in my mind ahead of time, don't I?

I could just save my cash, keep the Torch, keep the iPod 4th Gen 64 gig and save myself a good mock fest from the hubby. Yeesh...........but I want this stupid thing bad and it's been months of severe iphone envy that will not go away.

All this and that tool at the AT&T store will mock me from here to eternity should I have but one reception problem. I can hear him now. "Told ya"

I hate Apple.
    12-28-10 10:22 AM
    I"m reading between the lines here...you want someone to reaffirm what you already know. You are going to get an iphone.

However, if i had to pay that much for it, i would buy one off from Ebay or Craigslist. The reason for that being, i wouldn't have to sign a 2 year contract and still pay retail pricing.
    Now, you're catching on. lol

Also, this is so that I can do this and then come back here and whine that I want back in on the Crackberry addiction.

It's pathetic but I'm guessing people around here get the problem so I'm around like minded afflicted sad sacks like myself.
    12-28-10 10:30 AM
    [/QUOTE]I could just save my cash, keep the Torch, keep the iPod 4th Gen 64 gig and save myself a good mock fest from the hubby. Yeesh...........but I want this stupid thing bad and it's been months of severe iphone envy that will not go away.

All this and that tool at the AT&T store will mock me from here to eternity should I have but one reception problem. I can hear him now. "Told ya"

I hate Apple.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you love it, just like millions of people. You want what you want and in the end you'll back rationalize that decision. So try to do the least damage to your pocket, go for it and off you go.

Also, try checking the refurb iphones from the apple website to see if you can save more cash. You'll have the same 1 year warranty from apple and will be able to buy an extended one if you'd like. I bought my macbook air this way and saved around $400 bucks...works great!
    12-28-10 10:36 AM

I could just save my cash, keep the Torch, keep the iPod 4th Gen 64 gig and save myself a good mock fest from the hubby. Yeesh...........but I want this stupid thing bad and it's been months of severe iphone envy that will not go away.

I hate Apple.
    I dealt with that thought for years lol and when big red p*ssed me off beyond belief and BB had me worn thin due to numerous reasons I won't beat that dead horse anymore, I jumped ship

do it, you won't regret it
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 12-28-10 at 10:42 AM.
    12-28-10 10:40 AM
    Why because it has icons? The only Android device that looks and feels like an iPhone is the Galaxy S because of its Touch Wiz skin. Android is nothing like iOS and feels nothing like iOS. It does more and you have more freedom out of the box. iPhones need to jailbreak to be able to do everything an Android device can do (customization and for certain other features like widgets).

I have owned an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G. Had each for almost a year. I have been using Android for over a year now and trust me, Android is not a knock off of the iPhone, it is a completely different animal.
    Let's move the android fanboy antics to another thread. This one is about BB vs iPhone.
    12-28-10 10:45 AM
    I dealt with that thought for years lol and when big red p*ssed me off beyond belief and BB had me worn thin due to numerous reasons I won't beat that dead horse anymore, I jumped ship

do it, you won't regret it

Yes, but here's my problem. I have no problem. lol
    I really don't have any problem with my Torch at all. None. Zero. Nada.
    Zippo, Zilch..........Nothing at all.

That's what scares the bejesus out of me.

It's not like I'm fed up. I just seriously want an iPhone 4 because I just love them. I don't even know why. I love the iPod touch. I love everything Apple really. I love the iPhone more I think because of the more solid design vs the ipod...........it just feels more solid in my hands vs the ipod. Plus I like the "idea" or possibly the rationalization......lol........of paring it down to one device. I'm praying to GOD that is what it will come down to. I'm not totally thrilled with bopping between a Torch and an iPod Touch. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of having a "go to" device like I use to consider my Blackberry before I got the iPod. Now I have two "go to" devices and I'm not happy about that at all. I thought getting a Torch would solve that and it did to a point but I still go to the iPod for all my "media" needs still. I never, ever use that Torch for media despite the fact that it's loaded with a 16 gig SD card and tons of music and video. I automatically go to the iPod touch for that stuff, hence the carrying around two devices.

Then again, I think, well, that's just going to kill my "iPhones" battery in half a day isn't it? Can you charge them with a car charger like you can a Blackberry?

edit: I just realized what a stupid question that was. I'm pretty sure you can charge an iPhone just like a Blackberry. That's some deep paranoia there.
    Last edited by LeeJuly4; 12-28-10 at 11:12 AM.
    12-28-10 11:07 AM
    Ok, riddle me this, kiddies. What's the point in having the iphone if I still keep my iPod Touch 4th gen 64 gig? The only reason I can see would be if I got rid of the ipod 64gig, got the iphone 32gig in order to consolidate and have one device to carry around with me all the time.

Right? I mean, that's the whole point in a nut shell, isn't it? Other wise, why not just stay where I'm at now?

It's those damn iPod Touches that kill us. Once you have one of them, thinking ah, I won't go full boar and stupid and go get the iPhone, I'll just get this iPod Touch 4th generation and I'll be all set with the fiending, blah blah blah.

Oh sure. That just made it worse. However, now I don't really know what I want to do. Go with a 32 gig iPhone and what, dump this Touch? Keep it and be in the same stupid boat almost that I'm in now only I've jumped full on ***** into Apple la la land and now I have an iPhone and an iPod and hence, over kill that I don't really need? That doesn't make sense either.

I was right the first time. I do hate Apple.

Oh, have I mentioned that I use an iPad as a photography portfolio? Yeah. An iPAD. You read that right. lol

Or that the husband stepped on and destroyed my MacBook Pro a few months ago and that I'm still giving him the stink eye til he replaces it?

Yeah, we all hate Apple around here.
    Last edited by LeeJuly4; 12-28-10 at 02:12 PM.
    12-28-10 02:10 PM
    A long time friend of mine, he has the same issue, he carries his iPod touch around with him everywhere and loves to use it over his HTC whatever he has with Sprint, he's still holding out that Sprint will get an iPhone like all the big red rumors we hear, he swears he'll get an i4 or i5 whichever it would be if Sprint gets one...

with that being said... go get the i4 and quit making yourself nuts over this lol even if you have the 64 gig touch still, it won't deter you from picking over the i4, not once you have that awesome retina display to do everything.. and yes get a car charger .. duh lol
    12-28-10 04:47 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhh and 1 more thing, yea I hate Apple too ... iPod 16gb nano... MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 32GB jailbroken, and oh yes, making plans to get a 256GB 13.3" MacBook Air.. those are BAD A** lol

so yeah I hate them too
    12-28-10 04:49 PM
    I guess you are. Hope you enjoy it and get your bumper so you can try to make a phone call.

WOW!! ^^^^^ this is what you call a hater post ^^^^ lol sad sad sad. My phone works perfect as I don't use a case at all. But I understand you woke up this morning full of hate already I'm guessing. Be happy with what you got and stop crying about choices others make.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 12-29-10 at 07:25 PM.
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    12-29-10 07:23 PM
    Go get the i4!!!! Lol you need it!!!

I came back to BB from my 3GS. I did like my 3GS lots, but didn't love it and the novelty wore off quickly. I'm just someone who prefers BB... You, on the other hand, sound like someone who much prefers the iPhone... Seriously... Go get one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 08:19 AM
    WOW!! ^^^^^ this is what you call a hater post ^^^^ lol sad sad sad. My phone works perfect as I don't use a case at all. But I understand you woke up this morning full of hate already I'm guessing. Be happy with what you got and stop crying about choices others make.
    +1 for you Brandon. Somebody must have pulled that dummy's strings
    12-30-10 07:51 PM

This just makes me laugh Must be awful to have that much hate and no place to put it but in a web forum lol
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    12-30-10 08:11 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD