So basically my brother had a 3gs and jailbroke it, after some time he forgot it was jailbroken and plugged it into itunes to update it and Apple locked his phone. He has since gotten a 4, but we are trying to figure out if there is anyway to remedy this problem as we want to give it to my 5 year old son for playing games, wont be used as aphone at all as we all have 4's now. Is there anyway we can undo this without having to send it back to Apple? Any input would be much appreciated!
    12-31-11 10:17 PM
    Put it in recovery mode and restore it. Only thing i can come up with
    01-01-12 06:24 PM
    Its probably in a boot loop mode. Even jailbroken, I've never heard of Apple or iTunes "locking" a phone. Do a little search about how to put a phone in recovery mode and restore it via itunes. You'll lose the JB, but at least it will be usable.
    01-01-12 06:59 PM
    I did the recovery and restore and it worked! Now im stuck at the screen where its activating, a message comes up saying The activation server is temporarily unavailable. Ive been hitting "try again" for 2 days now.....Any ideas how to get around this stage?
    01-02-12 02:03 PM
    Bring it to Cotes (facebook.com/cotes.fn) We can probably solve that.
    01-04-12 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD