Is it just me or does everyone have liveprofile now my Facebook feed is pumping

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 01:42 AM
    Is it just me or does everyone have liveprofile now my Facebook feed is pumping

No, I'm having that too in a good way though. As long as LP's servers are consistant and the app remains free, its worth the BBM replacement in my opinion.

03-31-11 01:55 AM
    Groups are coming I'm April.

Thx for the heads up April. Lol

Damn you, auto text!
    03-31-11 04:27 AM
    Everyone was rushing them to release the BB version and now it's unstable. I like the app but it being down more than it's up is annoying. If this is not corrected soon it will drive people away from using it
    03-31-11 03:26 PM
    Everyone was rushing them to release the BB version and now it's unstable. I like the app but it being down more than it's up is annoying. If this is not corrected soon it will drive people away from using it
    The BB app isn't unstable, the app in general is just more popular than expected across all platforms, and the severs don't seem to be able to keep up with all the traffic. They are doing a major overhaul on the back end as we speak, hopefully that will do the trick. The app had a few tweaks that needed fixing upon release and were taken care of immediately, as far as I can see. Hope they get the server issue corrected once and for all and are then able to stay ahead of the pace of new users.
    03-31-11 04:45 PM
    Yes. This is getting to be too much down time.

03-31-11 06:16 PM
    LiveProfile LiveProfile
    Our HUGE upgrade is almost complete. You will notice a huge speed increase and best of all 0 downtime from now on!
    Just tweeted a couple minutes ago. Them's big words, hopefully they're true!
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 03-31-11 at 07:48 PM.
    03-31-11 07:43 PM
    I have already uninstalled this. Will wait for them to make improvements. Found it had lots of downtime. Especially in the evening. Also noticed big battery drain and you couldn't close down the app. It was always open in the background.

03-31-11 08:22 PM
    Yeah...agreed. I had to drop it for now seeing that is had some major issues and all the downtime it has been having is just not sitting well with me. Once it all gets cleared out I will jump on it again..
    03-31-11 08:37 PM
    Looks like their update is complete and everything is back to working great!

Hope it lasts!

04-01-11 01:47 AM
    Ok seems to be back up now and everything is working fine. And according to LP, there shouldn't be any outages anymore due to their increased number of servers. Finally everything is working great. I have never experienced such customer oriented team that works this hard to satisfy their customers. Thank you so much for you hard work LP, two thumbs up!!!

04-01-11 02:42 AM
    If the software does not work just about perfectly (99% uptime?) then its useless for business.
    04-01-11 06:11 AM
    If the software does not work just about perfectly (99% uptime?) then its useless for business.
    hopefully that has changed as LP is promising it won't happen again... only time will tell though.

i'm hoping the big news is "groups" and not that they upgraded their servers as i saw them post on their blog a couple days ago.
    04-01-11 06:35 AM
    u guys got 0 patience ^^
    it just came out for bb, give it some time to stabilize

i for example didnt even dl it yet, waiting a bit longer and when i dl it, its probably rdy to go without any problems
    Last edited by Seijuro; 04-01-11 at 06:43 AM.
    04-01-11 06:39 AM
    Well mine was up again till 9am. This is just getting silly.

04-01-11 10:49 AM
    Well mine was up again till 9am. This is just getting silly.

it's down again?
    04-01-11 12:17 PM
    Oh for christ sakes why is down now? I thought they said their servers have been upgraded and no more outages? Yeah I'm starting to lose patience now...

04-01-11 02:57 PM
    Well ofc there are still outages and there will be more, they say stuff like that to calm down the pple and make them think everything is alright
    obviously they dont wanna lose customers, they'll get about 300k new users each day, and since its still new for bb and they dont have amazing superservers yet smth like that is bound to happen in the early stages,
    Im sure if you just be patient and give them more time it'll pay off and eventually stabilize and will be more popular than whatsapp, pingchat etc blabla

04-01-11 03:07 PM
    some of you dont understand. before it was released for bb, it worked perfectly. never any downtime. it was just great. after bb its been ****. thats why some of us are more frustrated than others.

i expected this to be honest but i thought they would have had it resolved after the first 2 or 3 days.

EDIT: wtf H3LL is a curse word? lmaooo. what are we 12 year olds?
    04-02-11 12:56 AM
    some of you dont understand. before it was released for bb, it worked perfectly. never any downtime. it was just great. after bb its been ****. thats why some of us are more frustrated than others.

i expected this to be honest but i thought they would have had it resolved after the first 2 or 3 days.

EDIT: wtf H3LL is a curse word? lmaooo. what are we 12 year olds?
    Since being released for BB, it's been rising in the ranks on Apple's App Store according to screen shots posted on Twitter by @LiveProfile. I'm sure the same is true for the Android Market. As well obviously as however many people downloading the BB app OTA from their site.

They had a blog post stating 1million new users in 5 days, and I gather they were expecting to have a more gradual increase in users than that and were not prepared for for the rapid increase in popularity.

They did an overhaul of their servers they other day, and I haven't noticed any problems, except my messages don't necessarily change from "S" to "D", which can be annoying, but no reason to delete. It's a lot cheaper than international texting fees.

Overall a great and useful app, with a few tweaks required.
    04-02-11 10:10 AM
    Since being released for BB, it's been rising in the ranks on Apple's App Store according to screen shots posted on Twitter by @LiveProfile. I'm sure the same is true for the Android Market. As well obviously as however many people downloading the BB app OTA from their site.

They had a blog post stating 1million new users in 5 days, and I gather they were expecting to have a more gradual increase in users than that and were not prepared for for the rapid increase in popularity.

They did an overhaul of their servers they other day, and I haven't noticed any problems, except my messages don't necessarily change from "S" to "D", which can be annoying, but no reason to delete. It's a lot cheaper than international texting fees.

Overall a great and useful app, with a few tweaks required.

i completely agree. im just explaining why some of us were starting to get frustrated. im not going to stop using it or delete it. i knew it would blow up. like i said earlier, they should have planned for 3 million. as everyone can see based on that 1 million in 5 days and 300 000 on average every day, they are easily headed there
    04-02-11 03:46 PM
    Is anyone still experiencing that liveprofile is still down? Don't know if people are having the same problem as me but it seems that all the messages that are sent to me they appear on top of my messages so that they are not in chronological order. P!sses me off!
    04-04-11 06:08 PM
    Ive used that app both on droid and on my torch,its a great app and a worthy replacement to bbm. I do find a brutal battery drain when i had this on my berry. Has anyone else experienced this?
    04-04-11 06:24 PM
    Ive used that app both on droid and on my torch,its a great app and a worthy replacement to bbm. I do find a brutal battery drain when i had this on my berry. Has anyone else experienced this?
    yes, but if you delete any previous versions and download the current one it's greatly improved.
    04-04-11 07:53 PM
    Problem with the iPhone is that you have to reconnect to the server every time you open the app. So sometimes it takes a while.

As we speak they are doing something with their server to speed this up. Hopefully it works!

04-04-11 08:47 PM
185 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD