Today wasn't so grat for liveprofile. But I heard they were getting 100 new users per second. So I'm sure their servers were taking a beating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 01:17 AM
    i called it. i knew they werent prepared for the traffic. they should have planned for 3 million users server side.

this is the sort of thing that can make people lose interest. its hard to get people to download apps and tell them something is just as good as bbm,.

the bb version is fast though. faster than on my iphone 4. anyway i hope everything gets back on track.

i had a problem of not being able to set my display pics. if u have this problem just make sure the crop box is not touching the edge of the pic.
    03-26-11 02:12 AM
    i called it. i knew they werent prepared for the traffic. they should have planned for 3 million users server side.

this is the sort of thing that can make people lose interest. its hard to get people to download apps and tell them something is just as good as bbm,.

the bb version is fast though. faster than on my iphone 4. anyway i hope everything gets back on track.

i had a problem of not being able to set my display pics. if u have this problem just make sure the crop box is not touching the edge of the pic.
    honestly, i wouldn't have expected them to. it could have been a big waste of $$$ if when released on bb, no one d/led it as they already were comfortable with their alternatives.

a lot of bug fixes coming BB's way. the iPhone & Android version runs smoothly. just be patient as it isn't easy to have UI like this run smoothly on a BB as it is on the other platforms.
    03-26-11 03:04 PM
    honestly, i wouldn't have expected them to. it could have been a big waste of $$$ if when released on bb, no one d/led it as they already were comfortable with their alternatives.

a lot of bug fixes coming BB's way. the iPhone & Android version runs smoothly. just be patient as it isn't easy to have UI like this run smoothly on a BB as it is on the other platforms.

I get the money risk but liveprofile was just too good to not be successful. it would be cool if they could incorporate bb pins as a way to find a user.
    03-26-11 08:08 PM
    Running extremely well on my Tour 5.0 with "chats" from both Android and iPhone. Major battery drain however, and still can't add or change pics. For only 24hrs "live", it really seems very good.
    03-26-11 08:23 PM
    Hello iphone users, just spreadin the love from BB. 26/m/nyc LPZXIZ0X

03-26-11 09:50 PM
    I get the money risk but liveprofile was just too good to not be successful. it would be cool if they could incorporate bb pins as a way to find a user.
    yeah i get you... but the other side to that is, maybe they didn't have it like that. maybe their partners needed a reason to give them money, assuming they have silent partners fronting them cash.
    03-26-11 11:56 PM
    So far, I'm not able to put up my pic in the profile or even to add people.
    But it looks promising. I certainly like the UI.
    03-27-11 03:33 AM
    1.04 fixed the pic issue. MUCH easier to add or change! Battery drain seems much smaller (based omn Meterberry, went from 100% to 98% in 72 minutes while using the phone). New issue however, the notification doesn't go away after either reading or responding to a "chat". GREAT work on the updates!!!!
    Thanks!
    03-27-11 07:39 AM
    Been saying im not available when i am...hmmm
    03-27-11 09:32 AM
    yeah i get you... but the other side to that is, maybe they didn't have it like that. maybe their partners needed a reason to give them money, assuming they have silent partners fronting them cash.

maybe they should have gone on shark tank lol
    So far, I'm not able to put up my pic in the profile or even to add people.
    But it looks promising. I certainly like the UI.

i had that problem at first. but just make sure the crop square is not touching the edges and it should work
    03-27-11 01:15 PM
    3 times in 24hrs. i get it i really do. im a phone nerd. i understand all this server stuff. but extremely frustrating at this point.

i really wish i was rich, id invest in them cuz they have such a great product.
    03-27-11 07:58 PM
    add me! loving this app so far!
    pin: LPUID2GB
    21/m
    waterloo, ON
    always down to chat~
    03-27-11 10:58 PM
    Well this app started off great. The past 2 weeks have been HORRIBLE!!! messages not going through. people saying I am not available when I am. I have deleted it and reinstalled 3 times. I am on my last nerve with it
    03-28-11 08:26 PM
    Well this app started off great. The past 2 weeks have been HORRIBLE!!! messages not going through. people saying I am not available when I am. I have deleted it and reinstalled 3 times. I am on my last nerve with it

deleting it and reinstalling it i dont think it does anything. you're best bet would be to keep track of their twitter. its been down pretty much all day.
    03-28-11 08:30 PM
    Yea. It's pretty much unusable during the day. But not bad at night when everybody is sleeping. Haha

I still have faith. I'm sure they will upgrade their servers to handle the traffic and be back up to where it was 2 weeks ago.

03-29-11 01:36 AM
    Iam getting tired of this it keeps showing me as unavailable when im not...I really wanna like this but its not that easy when it wont work right....Come on folks....
    03-29-11 06:41 AM
    their twitter says their back up and running but everyone is unavailable on my list
    03-29-11 03:30 PM
    their twitter says their back up and running but everyone is unavailable on my list
    Mine has been like that for most of the last two days, but I keep getting messages and continue to answer them, so not sure what actually is causing them to show "unavailable" when clearly they are not.
    03-29-11 03:52 PM
    They also said to try restarting the app, or reboot the device. might help.
    03-29-11 06:26 PM
    I'm liking this app. Feel free to add me but if u just want to swap pics and dirty talk don't bother.
    28/f/nc
    Add me on LiveProfile my PIN is LP1ZJOIR

03-30-11 01:46 PM
    Could anyone else who follows them on Twitter continue to keep us updated here? Specifically on things like the group chat and how well its working out for bb users. Personally I use Android but I have quite a few friends who are all trying to be able to link up across platforms. It's just that a few of the ppl I know who have dled LP onto their bbs are experiencing issues.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can keep us updated. (especially me since i dont have a twitter acct.)
    03-30-11 03:36 PM
    Groups are coming I'm April.

03-30-11 08:48 PM
    Groups are coming I'm April.

Thx for the heads up April. Lol

03-30-11 09:32 PM
    I've been running LiveProfile for a few day now and am pretty satisfied with it. Once it gets group chats and the ability to transfer files it will really be nice. If the S3 is a big disappointment when my contract is up, then this app will just be an added incentive to look at android phones or the i4. Is the i4 correct? I'm such an iPhone nuuuuuub. lol.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-30-11 at 10:09 PM.
    03-30-11 10:06 PM
185 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD