one thing thats annoying on the iphone version is it puts u in the camera roll directly. if u have multiple albums, u cant use anything thats not in the main camera roll. i tweeted them they need to fix this, but no response
    03-18-11 04:22 AM
    luckily i never have anything but the camera roll photos. heh.
    03-18-11 05:45 AM
    They gave it out to the first 10 people I think. I guess I sent an email at the right time.

I've been communicating with then since day one. And it's nice to know they have time to respond to my email when I have suggestions or need help.

Top notch staff over there!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So, in your opinion, is it release worthy or does it need more tweaks?
    03-18-11 05:59 PM
    Very close I'd say

03-20-11 03:07 AM
    Why not Open Beta test the app and get it released!!!!
    Probably because most of us would DL the app, see that it doesn't work well, and delete it without another thought after publicly bashing it. This way is the better way so that when end users FINALLY get a chance to try it, it should work flawlessly and get better reviews...
    03-20-11 05:56 AM
    Probably because most of us would DL the app, see that it doesn't work well, and delete it without another thought after publicly bashing it. This way is the better way so that when end users FINALLY get a chance to try it, it should work flawlessly and get better reviews...
    And by FINALLY...........! How is it that both iPhone and Android are being updated already, and getting great reviews, and BB can't even get released. Follow @liveprofile on Twitter and it seems like one excuse after another!
    03-20-11 10:57 AM
    Latest Twiiter responses:

We have developers working on each platform. Updating Android or iPhone has absolutely no effect on development of BlackBerry

We need a few BlackBerry beta testers running on the Orange network. Please e-mail [email protected] if you can help!

Landscape mode is going to be in the next update. It's already finished just adding a few more things in the iPhone update
    03-20-11 11:38 AM
    And by FINALLY...........! How is it that both iPhone and Android are being updated already, and getting great reviews, and BB can't even get released. Follow @liveprofile on Twitter and it seems like one excuse after another!
    They aren't excuses! LOL. BB users are going to be the most cynical and the most narrow minded about this app because...that's just what most BB users do! BBM is the only way or no way.(I said most...not all)

How do I know? because I STILL continue to get bullied by my old BB "friends" about switching to another platform even AFTER I plainly stated it was temporary until RIM could come out with a more up to date phone. I asked if they could use a cross-platform app until then....nope...its BBM or nothing.

So I respect their (LiveProfile) decision to wait until they feel it performs to the BB community standards. They have big shoes to fill especially knowing that BBM will most likely go cross-platform too!
    03-20-11 12:04 PM
    Well said.....and the truth...which is exactly the reason that your temporary switch, will become permanent. Nice move on the iPhone. My wife and another friend made the switch and will never look back.
    03-20-11 01:37 PM
    Well said.....and the truth...which is exactly the reason that your temporary switch, will become permanent. Nice move on the iPhone. My wife and another friend made the switch and will never look back.
    LOL, its sad and I'm still lonely without BBM and "friends"...
    03-20-11 04:17 PM
    I won't get the chance to be lonely.......when my contact ends, and I switch,
    I will probably be the last of my "friends" to make the move.
    03-20-11 07:36 PM
    female 22 ny
    Add me on LiveProfile my PIN is LPR0ICDD

03-20-11 08:50 PM
    My friend was telling me that rim might release bbm onto iPhone and droid any links about this?

03-20-11 09:35 PM
    Well I've tried all the IM apps out there trying to find something to replace my beloved Bbm since I switched over to iPhone.

-Whatsapp seems to be the most popular one but doesn't show read receipts.

-Kik was banned by RIM.
    -pingchat has ridiculous banner ads.
    -cnectd also has banner ads.

Enter LiveProfile.

Fairly new app that is getting updates all the time. Works really good on my iPhone an is completely free and doesn't have any annoying ads filling up my screen.

iPhone and android versions out already with new features and optimizations comin shortly. And blackberry version coming this week!!

I think this might be the new cross platform IM standard.

Thank you LiveProfile!!

Sorry to ask that ek9max, but are you in any way affiliated to LiveProfile...
    I am happy for any new solution that could replace BBM or Whatsapp but all your posts in this thread totally sound like you are a rep for that company. If that isn't the case than i am sorry.

Smiler51
    03-21-11 12:11 AM
    Sorry to ask that ek9max, but are you in any way affiliated to LiveProfile...
    I am happy for any new solution that could replace BBM or Whatsapp but all your posts in this thread totally sound like you are a rep for that company. If that isn't the case than i am sorry.

Smiler51

Thats ok. Looking at my post I can see how it may look like that.

But I swear on my marriage that I don't work for them in any way. I'm just another blackberry converted iPhone guy how misses Bbm.

I've tried them all and none come even close. Except live profile.

I did get lucky and emailed liveprofile in time to get a blackberry beta release though

03-21-11 12:50 AM
    My friend was telling me that rim might release bbm onto iPhone and droid any links about this?

Nothing official. It's a rumor reported by BGR (Boy Genius Report).
    If you go to their site and search 'BBM' you'll find it.
    They might even still have it posted on their main page.
    (full site, not mobile version).
    03-21-11 06:40 AM
    Hmmmm aight ic yea I think if that ever happens, everyones coming back to an iPhone hahaha

03-22-11 01:20 AM
    Last set of "tweets" on Twitter @liveprofile:

We need 30 more beta testers for BB 4.5 ONLY - [email protected]

We need 15 beta testers on BB 5.0 devices within the next 60 seconds! [email protected]

We are taking some more tech savvy beta testers. Please explain why we should pick you [email protected]

We brought some more BlackBerry beta testers on board. Once it's stable we will be releasing it! Can't wait
    03-23-11 08:29 PM
    It's out.

Liveprofile.com/get

LiveProfile likes this.
    03-25-11 12:53 AM
    Got it on my BB, I need some people to add me...LPFAILHZL
    03-25-11 07:46 AM
    I find that none of these are a good replacement for BBM. Oh how I miss it.
    03-25-11 10:58 AM
    BBM for me. GF was in london for work, tried several IM clients. Went back to the berry to bbm with her...nothing compares.
    03-25-11 11:21 AM
    I've been using LiveProfile for a couple of weeks now and i have to say i love it!!! Yes i used to be a BB owner but switched to iPhone as all BB could offer was BBM "wow". Yes BBM is fantastic but it wasnt going to keep me from switching to an iPhone with a clear display, better battery, camera, OS. Now LiveProfile is out i wont switch back to bb unless its on par with other smartphones out there.

With groupchats coming in the next update of Liveprofile.. this could be on par with BBM... but in a way better as its X-Platform
    03-25-11 11:39 AM
    I'm on LiveProfile too pin:LPJBY4JH.. Blackberry user but I don't mind chatting with any iphone people. M/24/ATL Baby

03-25-11 09:01 PM
    I put it on my ip4.
    More than once, when I was in the settings menu-- the app shut itself down and I found myself on the home screen. I'm dumping it (for now).

03-25-11 11:28 PM
185 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD