That's why I went to iPhone. Had the 9700, went to torch, went to 9780 hoping it wouldn't be as slow as the torch, then back to a 9700 because os 6 menus drove me nuts. Was happy with the 9700, till I realized that the best blackberry available was released in 2009......

That made me try the iPhone 4. And I'm not looking back.

And trust me. I was the biggest blackberry fanboy on the planet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All of my freinds and most of my family were Blackberry users, and there are 2left. I would guess that will be my move after my contract ends. It's actually a shame because I really like the Blackberry. Using it for business, and needing to keep up with "technology" changes, especially internet speed and function, I definitely see a switch coming.
    ya these posts sum up my situation pretty well. used to have around 40-50 bbm contacts. slowly but surely they became dead ends due to android or iPhone switches.

made the switch myself a few months back, but still frequently swap out to my 9700. but with my BB friends able to download whatsapp, it's been easy to connect with the big 3 OSes.

another reason i use whatsapp, that the OP didn't mention, is that whatsapp is the only app to cover symbian OS. in the US, no one uses symbian, but my international friends use symbian, so i can now talk with them
    03-10-11 08:05 PM
    Ahhhhh! Where is the blackberry version??

Give it another month or 2. Been hearing �soon� for a long time!

03-13-11 12:41 PM
    Give it another month or 2. Been hearing �soon� for a long time!

How does "never" work?
    03-14-11 02:24 PM
    How does "never" work?
    horribly
    03-14-11 02:53 PM
    Yea. We have been hearing "soon" for way too long.

03-14-11 04:34 PM
    Damn. They gave out 5 copies for people to test out. I missed out.

03-14-11 09:42 PM
    I like it so far I just wish they add landscape mode. It's easier for me to type that way. Other than that I like it better than the others I've tried but nothing is like BBM. I hope rim does allow the other platforms to use it.
    03-15-11 04:40 PM

hopefully the beta testers come up with no bugs, how many times can this be pushed back, originally was supposed to be out by the end of November, then the end of January, then 1st week of March. i appreciate the effort and look forward to using the app, but don't advertise so far ahead of realistic release. If we still don't have it, what were we gonna get back in November, must have been a lot of bugs to work out. Here's hoping this is the week!
    03-15-11 07:20 PM
    hopefully the beta testers come up with no bugs, how many times can this be pushed back, originally was supposed to be out by the end of November, then the end of January, then 1st week of March. i appreciate the effort and look forward to using the app, but don't advertise so far ahead of realistic release. If we still don't have it, what were we gonna get back in November, must have been a lot of bugs to work out. Here's hoping this is the week!
    When it finally comes out......we will have all switched to iPhones or Androids!
    Makes no sense to be soooooo far off in an actual release date timing. If it has really taken this long to test, it must be full of bugs.... what else takes 6 months to test. I still have my doubts as to it actually being released. RIM still controls the "outcome", and "further testing" is a logical ploy. We have all seen this game happen before. Hope not, but have heard nothing to "dispute" this from Liveprofile.
    03-15-11 08:08 PM
    When it finally comes out......we will have all switched to iPhones or Androids!
    Makes no sense to be soooooo far off in an actual release date timing. If it has really taken this long to test, it must be full of bugs.... what else takes 6 months to test. I still have my doubts as to it actually being released. RIM still controls the "outcome", and "further testing" is a logical ploy. We have all seen this game happen before. Hope not, but have heard nothing to "dispute" this from Liveprofile.
    wow, i thought i was pessimistic and frustrated... lol
    03-15-11 08:59 PM
    wow, i thought i was pessimistic and frustrated... lol
    Unfortunately I lived through the EXACT same thing with Palm, and the forums kept saying things would get better...Palm wouldn't allow itself to "die", it would come back...not so much. RIM put out a much better phone and was seemingly truly concerned about the product, but as competition got stronger, they got considerably weaker. The innovative side of RIM feel apart, and the best they could do was os6...pretty lame compared to what is out there.
    The browser alone is a joke. NO speed, TERRIBLE rendering, and a MAJOR lag problem. OS6 is better, but can't be in the same sentence with Android or Apple. Time to face reality, unless RIM moves QUICKLY to innovate and begin putting out quality "advanced" featured phones, they will share the page with Palm. Not a pretty sight. As I mentioned last week , I think I was one of 3 family and friends left that still had a BB.....I now am the ONLY one. A sign of things to come.... sadly I would guess so!
    03-15-11 09:28 PM
    I meant about LiveProfile. I'm happy with my torch, but maybe I still think of it as a phone with other capabilities, not a computer that has a phone in it.

03-16-11 08:56 AM

They were adding more tech savvy testers yesterday. Possibly yet another glitch and definate delay in release. Probably won't see it this month.

03-17-11 01:09 PM
    They were adding more tech savvy testers yesterday. Possibly yet another glitch and definate delay in release. Probably won't see it this month.

Tech savvy testers...........really? Normal,everyday,typical users would not be qualified to tell if this works. Wouldn't they be the ones that will ultimately be using this app. As you guessed, next month will probably be the earliest, unless of course "advanced" really-tech-savvy testers are needed. C'mon now....... just release it already. It is not a "space shuttle" flight!!
    03-17-11 03:49 PM
    Tech savvy testers...........really? Normal,everyday,typical users would not be qualified to tell if this works. Wouldn't they be the ones that will ultimately be using this app. As you guessed, next month will probably be the earliest, unless of course "advanced" really-tech-savvy testers are needed. C'mon now....... just release it already. It is not a "space shuttle" flight!!
    lmao! i can see this as the next logical step.
    03-17-11 07:35 PM
    lmao! i can see this as the next logical step.
    Seriously!!!!! How about this.........WE ALL TEST IT!!!!!! I'm sure that will get you feedback pretty quickly.
    03-17-11 08:31 PM
    Once the beta testers give us the final OK we are releasing the BlackBerry app. Thanks for the patience!

This is the latest "post" on Twitter from Liveprofile! How many "Beta Testers" did you say ...........? Why not Open Beta test the app and get it released!!!!
    03-17-11 08:54 PM
    Getting great feedback and patching a few things up.. Thanks beta testers!

How much longer does this mean?
    03-17-11 10:06 PM
    Getting great feedback and patching a few things up.. Thanks beta testers!

How much longer does this mean?
    Ask KIK! As I said yesterday, how does never work for you! Somewhere there is an issue...and not one that a "really super tech savvy beta tester" can solve.
    03-17-11 10:12 PM
    Better yet, don't ask KIK....maybe you should ask RIM !!!!!!
    03-17-11 10:19 PM
    More server upgrades.

03-17-11 10:42 PM
    This app is really getting good!

They gave out 10 blackberry copies on twitter yesterday. I was lucky enough to get one.

Loaded it up on my wifes 9700. Works awesome! They will be really close to release I'm sure.

Keep up the great work!

03-17-11 10:52 PM
    How did you get so lucky? I've tried several times!

03-17-11 11:06 PM
    They gave it out to the first 10 people I think. I guess I sent an email at the right time.

I've been communicating with then since day one. And it's nice to know they have time to respond to my email when I have suggestions or need help.

Top notch staff over there!

03-18-11 02:10 AM
    been using the Android and iPhone version and it's pretty good. still waiting for the blackberry version to test it out.

now only if they had a wp7 version being worked out, i'd be happy.
    03-18-11 03:38 AM
185 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD