I posted this in another thread, but i feel i have a better chance of getting answers here. I have an ip4 which came loaded with 4.1 software, and im trying to jailbreak it. I have tried both green poison and limera1n. with limera1n, the entire process goes flawlessly, than my hpone turns on and nothing new / changed. with green poison, i follow the directions, and i get jailbreak failed. is anyone else having any luck with this? maybe some guided help? i have searched for help on google and bing, but nothing useful. any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    10-12-10 06:35 PM
    I have only used limera1n. You see Done after it completes? Pop up box comes up sail you Jailbroken. After turning the phone on you don't see the limerain app? It doesn't have a lime. It is a white box.
    10-12-10 06:40 PM
    I have only used limera1n. You see Done after it completes? Pop up box comes up sail you Jailbroken. After turning the phone on you don't see the limerain app? It doesn't have a lime. It is a white box.
    Nope nothing new on my phone. it says jailbreak complete, and has the message about "dont pay for this app". my phone never restrarts, it just turns on. no white box with limera1n
    10-12-10 06:43 PM
    Wait after limera1n it does restart, the apple logo is on the screen
    10-12-10 06:46 PM
    I just did it and it's working for me...
    10-12-10 07:27 PM
    I just did it and it's working for me...
    And you have a new ip4 with 4.1 installed? what exactly did you do? im going insane, i only agreed to an iphone because of the idea of jailbreaking, and now that i finally can, i cant!
    10-12-10 07:56 PM
    Try restoring the phone as new and jailbreaking. Might work.
    10-12-10 08:29 PM
    Try restoring the phone as new and jailbreaking. Might work.
    If i do this, will i have to load all my information manually? or is there a way to just restore?
    10-12-10 08:43 PM
    If i do this, will i have to load all my information manually? or is there a way to just restore?
    You can try a restore, which will bring the phone back to the time of your last sync. Restoring as new will erase everything and you will have to reload everything.
    10-12-10 09:18 PM
    There was info released that if you use limerain, the code in it would break the ability to use green poison jailbreak tool as a hit from one dev to the others who wrote green poison. This may be why you can't run green poison after limerain.
    10-12-10 11:26 PM
    There was info released that if you use limerain, the code in it would break the ability to use green poison jailbreak tool as a hit from one dev to the others who wrote green poison. This may be why you can't run green poison after limerain.
    Exactly the case. So OP, your best bet is what Roo Zilla recommended. Restore
    to new and try Limera1n after that. The only thing I would say to do different
    is not restoring a backup file after you've restored. If you could save your
    contacts on Outlook or through Google Sync it would be better.
    10-13-10 01:34 PM
    An iHack bi*** slap?
    10-13-10 08:44 PM
    I originally broke with limera!n and then restored and broke with greenpois0n and both worked flawlessy.
    10-14-10 01:52 PM
    I originally broke with limera!n and then restored and broke with greenpois0n and both worked flawlessy.
    Tried that today also for the **** of it. Worked fine. Had limera1n and tried greenpoison. No probs going over to green poison
    10-14-10 02:54 PM
    I can verify that this doesn't work on a 3rd Gen 8G iPod Touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 02:10 PM
    this is making my decision to go iphone 4 that much harder....having it jailbroken is basically what I want it for also...
    10-15-10 03:16 PM
    this is making my decision to go iphone 4 that much harder....having it jailbroken is basically what I want it for also...

honestly the jailbreaking process is so easy, just youtube how to jailbreak with greenpois0n if you need a step by step visual. Once jailbroken its a whole new world that i am still a newborn baby in lol
    10-19-10 08:37 AM
    re-download the programs, i just jailbroke an iphone today, it worked just fine. maybe you have an older version, i believe there were 4 beta revisions for limera1n.
    10-19-10 08:25 PM
    Don't let that hold you back. It is really an easy process....takes about 2 minutes.
    10-19-10 08:42 PM
    ok... I'm going for one or the other. Taking the giant leap and jailbreaking my iphone, time for a change!
    10-20-10 07:04 AM
    Does the green raindrop show on the phone's screen after the program says the Jailbreak is done? If not, you need to update iTunes. You have to be running iTunes 10 for Limera1n to work. If you don't have iTunes 10, the program will act as though it worked, but if no raindrop shows on screen, it didn't work correctly
    10-23-10 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD