Ok, ok... Seriously though... So I've done some research on this topic and I'm trying to determine one thing and one thing only... And that is, will AT&T ACTUALLY change your data plan and/or tag you with overages if you use your SIM with BB BIS data on the iPhone 3G? I'd like to have a simple set up of M-F: Bold, Weekend: iPhone 3G... Best of both worlds, needs met, great solution - except AT&T is really odd when it comes to the iPhone (can you say brown nosing to keep exclusivity? Yes Mr. Jobs, whatever you need Mr. Jobs... Can we get you anything else with that Mr. Jobs?).

So I've read through both of these threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/iph...estion-114349/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/sim-swap-3g-86599/

and numerous others around the interwebz and I know about the special SMS that people are receiving... But what I want to know is does AT&T follow up on this ever? I have seen an occasional post about someone trying to use their data plan for their Razr with the iPhone 3G getting nailed with something... What I'm wondering though is if BB users (and in my case, the Bold in particular) are getting switched or nailed? What say everyone?
    06-08-09 08:32 PM
    Simple answer, yes. U won't have visual voicemail but everything else will work. No overages if u don't go over 5gb of data. Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:25 PM
    AT&T will not change your plan on you. You can even call in and have them turn off the "solicitation" feature and you'll stop receiving the texts.
    Btw, what rdiddy said is correct.
    06-08-09 10:02 PM
    Good news. Good news. Good news. Love it. Love it. Love it.

06-09-09 12:53 AM
    I frequently change between my iPhone 3G & Blackberry Bold without experiencing any problems. I am not sure about the visual voicemail as I use YouMail.

As far as data usage, I have not been billed differently when using either the iPhone or Blackberry. My account is setup for the personal BIS plan @ $30/month so when I do switch to the iPhone, I sometimes receive a text telling me that certain services may not be able as my device is not registered with AT&T but again, everything has worked fine for me and the bill has remained the same over the past 2 billing cycles.
    06-09-09 01:07 AM
    This is good. Another question that comes to mind is; since so far no one's expeiancing any issues switching back and forth, does this mean that Swirly will work?

06-09-09 01:21 AM
    This is good. Another question that comes to mind is; since so far no one's expeiancing any issues switching back and forth, does this mean that Swirly will work?

great question actually, and theoretically it should right since we have the mms feature on our bolds. Even better question is if it will work with the new 3.0 OS

And you are set up just like i am as far as phones go, i have the bold and a jailbroken 2.2.1 iphone 3G, is the 3.0 OS upgrade good enough for you to restore and update or are you going to stay JB until the JB 3.0?
    06-17-09 04:52 PM
    I just updated my 4gb iphone with 3.0 and now with my Bolds sim the iphone doesnt recognize my data plan. Everything else is fine but no data support.

Anybody else upgrade to 3.0 and experience this?
    06-17-09 07:12 PM
    I just updated my 4gb iphone with 3.0 and now with my Bolds sim the iphone doesnt recognize my data plan. Everything else is fine but no data support.

Anybody else upgrade to 3.0 and experience this?
    AT&T has stated that anyone using an iPhone with an non-iPhone data plan will have problems with data on 3.0. It is att blocking the data. Since youre on the blackberry data plan this would apply to you. Unfortunately you may not be able to use 3.0 and a blackberry data plan.... ever...
    06-17-09 10:10 PM
    AT&T has stated that anyone using an iPhone with an non-iPhone data plan will have problems with data on 3.0. It is att blocking the data. Since youre on the blackberry data plan this would apply to you. Unfortunately you may not be able to use 3.0 and a blackberry data plan.... ever...
    I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info...do you have a link or know where I can find more info on it?
    06-17-09 10:17 PM
    I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info...do you have a link or know where I can find more info on it?
    here is a link about gophone customers but would also apply to any no iphone data plan

Important Information for GoPhone Customers
    06-18-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD