06-10-10 11:18 PM
136 ... 456
tools
    Thanks guys. Square Trade looks like the way to go. I don't suppose they cover lost and theft.
    Also remember it doesn't cover accidental damage either. The only reason I'd get Apple care over this is the fact I can go right into a store and get everyone done there and no deductible and technical support of the phone from Apple. And since neither covers accidental damage, I just go Apple care route for convenience. The price isn't that much different. And you can usually by Apple care coverage off eBay for like 60 bucks. I got 3 years Apple care on my MacBook for 80 bucks. If it wasn't an Apple product I would prefer square trade.
    06-09-10 03:36 PM
    lol... Im leaving my 3GS for the iPhone4
    06-09-10 11:11 PM
    Thanks guys. Square Trade looks like the way to go. I don't suppose they cover lost and theft.
    MobileMe is your friend, love it.. gps location that simply works great!
    06-09-10 11:13 PM
    will be leaving my 9000 for the iphone4.

i expect to be back though, lol
    06-10-10 08:12 AM
    I will also be leaving my 9000 for an iPhone 4 on the day of release. Not sure if I'll be back though. Depends on how I adjust to the touch screen. I have been a huge Blackberry fan and the 9000 is THE best phone I have ever owned and I have been through a lot of them dating all the way back to the bag phone years. The keyboard is a huge reason that I love my BB so much, however other things like the browser and dated OS are the reason I am switching. Plus, I have found that I tend to use my phone more for play than for business.

I have a question for you guys. I currently have an unlimited Blackberry data plan through AT&T. I got the plan when the 9000 originally came out and there was an unlimited Blackberry plan and an unlimted iPhone plan at the time. I'm wondering (think I already know the answer) if you guys think AT&T will let me keep the unlimited plan or make me switch to one of the new plans just because I am switching from a Blackberry to an iPhone? I don't want to make any changes at all to my plan. I just want an iPhone instead of my BB. It sure would be nice to keep the unlimited plan, but honestly, I should be just fine with the 2GB plan if I'm forced to take one of the new plans.
    06-10-10 02:18 PM
    Others have mentioned that yes you get to grandfather in your unlimited data plan.
    06-10-10 02:19 PM
    Others have mentioned that yes you get to grandfather in your unlimited data plan.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm so glad to hear that. I knew they were going to allow grandfathering of plans, but didn't know if that only applied to people with current unlimited iPhone plans or if that would apply to all unlimited plans. I certainly hope that's the case and hope I don't have to "fight" to keep it.
    Last edited by UMRebel; 06-10-10 at 03:41 PM.
    06-10-10 02:27 PM
    I just bought the S2 outright as to not have to renew my contract....but from what I seen so far with the iphone 4....lol got my cash ready for next month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 06:50 PM
    I've been a BB user for years. Always been interested in the iPhone but havent considered it until the news of iPhone 4. I really like the BBM, push email and good battery life but I'm willing to try a change.

The only real concern I have is the battery life. Is it really as bad as some people say? I can handle having to charge every day, but batteries dying after 1/2 a day? Is that true?

I don't talk much on the phone, I message a lot (bbm and text) and I use the browser minimally... check sports scores and news, check weather and such. Don't stream much at all. I do imagine that I will use the ipod feature a bit once its available.
    06-10-10 09:23 PM
    The 3GS had 5 hours talktime. It wasnt THAT horrible it was average for a smartphone with a big screen.

The iphone 4 they rate at 7 hours talktime, supposedly a 40% increase in battery life.
    06-10-10 11:08 PM
    I hope that's true... I will be also getting the iphone 4 when it comes to Canada... And it falls very close to my renewal date for my personal line . It won't replace me 9700 for sure but it will be a great addition. It will be more my weekend and late night phone . It looks really good. Can't wait to have it.

The 3GS had 5 hours talktime. It wasnt THAT horrible it was average for a smartphone with a big screen.

The iphone 4 they rate at 7 hours talktime, supposedly a 40% increase in battery life.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 11:18 PM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD