The new version looks incredible...it may be time to leave big red. My 9650 is okay...but to be locked in for two years for this thing?
    06-07-10 02:37 PM
    Sounds great to me. I still have to return my 3Gs by tomorrow. They said that I had 30 days to cancel or swap.
    I just didn't want you to be disappointed or anything when you asked if you could pre-order. But the 15th is the date. I know that will be the first thing I do that morning. Order one for me and the wife.
    06-07-10 02:45 PM
    I really want an iPhone now, its so sleek and modern.
    06-07-10 03:06 PM
    If I can't upgrade my BB 9700 from OS 5 to OS 6 due to lack of memory I may have to defect.
    06-07-10 03:09 PM
    I just didn't want you to be disappointed or anything when you asked if you could pre-order. But the 15th is the date. I know that will be the first thing I do that morning. Order one for me and the wife.
    I still have my BB 8310, which I don't think I'll ever give up and my Storm that runs on AT&T also. But I have to tell you after watching that iPhone 4 demo and seeing all of the new features, it's going to be a rough 3 weeks.
    06-07-10 03:19 PM
    I have to say, I've never wanted an iphone before, and never thought I would. But after today, I'm pretty sure I'll be saying sayonara to my 9700. Too bad I just upgraded in February. I'm just hoping I can sell my bb & palm pre for enough to cusion the price a bit.
    06-07-10 04:20 PM
    Pleaseeeeeee don't get the HTC HD2 man please. Its not what it was hyped up to be windows really gives it lag.
    *Ahhh thats not true!* none of that! My HD2 runs very health: no lag, no update, no3G issues, no reset/reboot since I bought it.. I love HD2 already..

I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 06-07-10 at 04:27 PM.
    06-07-10 04:25 PM
    iPHONE 4 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M DONE WITH BLACKBERRY (as my primary phone)

BYE BYE R.I.M., HELLO APPLE (+ cheap bb on the side - can't live without BBM)
    06-07-10 05:34 PM
    I will be switching over from my Bold 9000 to the iPhone 4G as soon as it is released in Canada. My experience with BlackBerry has not been satisfying enough for me to stay a loyal customer. Plus the new iPhone looks amazing.
    06-07-10 05:44 PM
    :'( the iphone 4 is REALLY making me want it so badly I feel like leaving BB too
    06-07-10 05:45 PM
    If I'm reading this correctly AT&T is saying:

"The new iPhone will remain an AT&T-only device. It goes on sale on June 24 to AT&T customers for $199 or $299, depending on the amount of storage. Any AT&T customer eligible for a phone upgrade this year can get the iPhone 4 on its debut date at those subsidized prices, Jobs said".

That's going to be good news for a lot of people
    06-07-10 06:18 PM
    Friends dial *639# from your phone to see if you are eligible. Anyone in the SW Florida area want to meet up on the 24th?
    06-07-10 06:23 PM
    I have been using BlackBerry phones exclusively for 4 years now. I started with a 7290, then 8800, and curently with Storm.
    As much as I love my Berry's there has been only little improvement in the RIM department, and after watching the Iphone 4G video I'm simply blown away.

The video calling alone takes it away! That is a new way of life for family and friends, at least for me. It may not be the first attempt of video calling in the world, but the first looking so smoothly and actually working decently.
    (not to mention other pro's like battery life [suppose bigger battery=better battery life], camera, 720p video recording and more)

I have never wanted to own an Iphone until now. It has been always BBs for me: Business support, battery life, email push, BBM, and full QWERTY (except Storm).

If the battery life on the new Iphone 4G lasts close to 20 or 24 hours on "full operation" (using web often, emails every hour, photos, video, music for 1-3h a day), THEN I am gladly willing to sacrifice BlackBerry's BBM and fast email push, full QWERTY, and jump ship to Apple.
    (I got used to virtual keyboard on my Storm so Iphone shouldn't be a problem, although I prefer a full QWERTY keyboard)

What can RIM do to convince ME PERSONALLY not to switch?
    - Improve Webbrowser in 6.0 drastically (maybe supporting Java)
    - provide more apps in the App World
    Those 2 things would be probabelly enough to consider staying with RIM.

PS: I know RIM got several devices and Apple only one. So providing Apps for BBs is a more difficult task considering each app has to be made compatible with each device. Nevertheless, if RIM doesn't present something that impresses me, I'm gone...

PPS: As people in America dislike certain carriers that sell the Iphone's exclusively and have, arguebly, bad plans/connection...so do we here in Germany with T-Mobile. Data restrictions to 1GB/2GB, insane pricing, horrible support and other issues. I will either buy the new Iphone 4G without contract and use it with another carrier with unlimited data, or wait until it is released with another carriers.
    Last edited by Vlad M.; 06-07-10 at 07:49 PM.
    06-07-10 07:20 PM
    I will be switching over from my Bold 9000 to the iPhone 4G as soon as it is released in Canada. My experience with BlackBerry has not been satisfying enough for me to stay a loyal customer. Plus the new iPhone looks amazing.
    I have the Bold 9000 too and will be able to upgrade real soon. I don't really want to use my upgrade for a Bold 9700. I am going to wait and see what BB6 and the 98000 have in store. I do like the look of the 9800 and the keyboard so that's a big plus. My main issues with BBs are the memory(or lack of), and the same old design. I've been using a BB since the 1st BB for Nextel. Don't care for the Storms clicking screen.

But yeah, time will tell. If I don't like BB6 and the 9800 all that much, I guess I will look at the iPhone 4 and a Android phone.
    06-07-10 07:34 PM
    Consolidating my 9700 and 9630 into the latest iPhone. Only reason I was holding on to blackberry was the ability to sync with groupwise, but now that I can't (incompatibility issues with Desktop Manager and GW 8), I'm off to iPhone.
    06-07-10 07:38 PM
    I'll be making the move as well from a Storm2 to the new iPhone.

I purchased the original Storm on release day and upgrade to the Storm2 shortly after it was released. Undeniably, the Storm2 was a solid improvement on the original Storm. Despite the improvements, I still have a lot of frustrations with my Blackberry, including the random freezes/sluggish performance, the poor browser, and disappointing GMail integration. It's time for something new, and the Andriod devices and iPhone4 are definitely options to satisfy my interest. Beyond that, I'm not going to get into an Andriod v. iPhone debate, as it truly comes down to user preference.
    06-07-10 08:22 PM
    ill will be jumping ship to the iphone 4..I had the storm on verizon and that was a disaster. Went through 7 storms and just about had it. Switched to ATT and got a bold 9000 and i sure as **** love it. RIM is just behind the times. This new iphone has everything I need and want. I will just miss my BBM.
    06-07-10 10:08 PM
    Me too, BBM and push email is the only thing keeping me on my BB. But after seeing the iPhone 4, I may have to switch.......
    06-07-10 10:13 PM
    All I have to say is... I LOVE MY BLACKBERRYS.... but DAAAAMMMNNNN Iphone 4.....
    06-07-10 11:28 PM
    I took the apple route... It lasted a month then I was back to blackberry. Battery was horrible among other things.

By the way.... This fancy new iphone4.... Does it have a camera flash yet?

Meh, maybe I'll be convinced to go back when iphone5 comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:40 PM
    I am. I have 1 yr left on ATT and felt like I was paying too much for my unlimited BB plan. But with an iphone, it will be worth it.
    06-08-10 03:16 AM
    I have the Bold 9000 too and will be able to upgrade real soon. I don't really want to use my upgrade for a Bold 9700. I am going to wait and see what BB6 and the 98000 have in store. I do like the look of the 9800 and the keyboard so that's a big plus. My main issues with BBs are the memory(or lack of), and the same old design. I've been using a BB since the 1st BB for Nextel. Don't care for the Storms clicking screen.

But yeah, time will tell. If I don't like BB6 and the 9800 all that much, I guess I will look at the iPhone 4 and a Android phone.

I am due for an upgrade soon as well, and as soon as the 9800 comes out I will be making up my mind, iPhone or 9800. From the leaked video of the 9800, it doesn't impress me THAT much, at least not as much as the iPhone4 did. Not going to lie, going to be a tough decision for me, but I think iPhone is the future for me.
    06-08-10 04:29 AM
    iphone 4 has nothing on froyo
    06-08-10 05:51 AM
    i thought i'd stay with bb and i always said that the bb was superior to the iphone. but after seeing the iphone 4 with the flash, front and rear video calling? oh man, i could care less for my blackberry. i don't think my battery life will affect me, i got an ipod touch to play my music. and so what about the 2GB data plan? just use wi-fi.
    06-08-10 06:15 AM
    I took the apple route... It lasted a month then I was back to blackberry. Battery was horrible among other things.

By the way.... This fancy new iphone4.... Does it have a camera flash yet?

Meh, maybe I'll be convinced to go back when iphone5 comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, it does have a flash.
    06-08-10 06:34 AM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD