Ok. I just got back from the at&t store. I returned my iPhone 3Gs that I got on the 11th of last month. They charged me 19.90 (a 10% re-stocking fee).

They put my sim card back in my old BB 8310. The manager told me to be sure to come back on June 15th and pre-order my iPhone 4.

Now the great part is this. Their new data plan sucks, in my opinion. The manager is pretty cool. I've dealt with him several times before. So he suggested, since I was an existing customer and had the option of keeping my unlimited data plan, that I not turn on the data for my BB 8310. Then when I come in on June 24th to get my new iPhone 4, they'll turn my data back on and I'll still have my old unlimited data plan. He said that if he turned my data on right now, then when I came in for my iPhone 4, for some reason, I would automatically have to choose one of the new data plans. I think I can live without internet on my phone for a little while. I don't know why it's setup that way, but I don't like the 200 mb and 2 gig data plan options. I stream a lot of music and watch videos while at work, so I need my unlimited data plan

So, I guess I'm all set. Can't wait to get my hands on my new toy
    06-08-10 11:05 AM
    I'm probably switching, but I'll wait until performance reviews are out comparing the speed of the browser rendering and smoothness of the OS to the 3GS. I'm getting tired of the BB Internet Browser crashing, and general OS sluggishness.
    06-08-10 12:47 PM
    I'm probably switching, but I'll wait until performance reviews are out comparing the speed of the browser rendering and smoothness of the OS to the 3GS. I'm getting tired of the BB Internet Browser crashing, and general OS sluggishness.
    I'm pretty sure the OS shouldn't change in smoothness. I don't think they said how fast the processor was but I would also think it's snappier than the 3GS.
    06-08-10 12:58 PM
    I took the apple route... It lasted a month then I was back to blackberry. Battery was horrible among other things.

By the way.... This fancy new iphone4.... Does it have a camera flash yet?

Meh, maybe I'll be convinced to go back when iphone5 comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Guess you opted to take the route to not read anything about the device. Yes it has LED flash for the camera.
    06-08-10 01:03 PM
    Ok. I just got back from the at&t store. I returned my iPhone 3Gs that I got on the 11th of last month. They charged me 19.90 (a 10% re-stocking fee).

They put my sim card back in my old BB 8310. The manager told me to be sure to come back on June 15th and pre-order my iPhone 4.

Now the great part is this. Their new data plan sucks, in my opinion. The manager is pretty cool. I've dealt with him several times before. So he suggested, since I was an existing customer and had the option of keeping my unlimited data plan, that I not turn on the data for my BB 8310. Then when I come in on June 24th to get my new iPhone 4, they'll turn my data back on and I'll still have my old unlimited data plan. He said that if he turned my data on right now, then when I came in for my iPhone 4, for some reason, I would automatically have to choose one of the new data plans. I think I can live without internet on my phone for a little while. I don't know why it's setup that way, but I don't like the 200 mb and 2 gig data plan options. I stream a lot of music and watch videos while at work, so I need my unlimited data plan

So, I guess I'm all set. Can't wait to get my hands on my new toy

Make sure he noted that on your account. You don't want to run into any hiccups with that.
    06-08-10 01:09 PM
    I'm definitely jumping ship now. Have my $$ ready for pre-ordering come next Tuesday.
    06-08-10 01:10 PM
    Make sure he noted that on your account. You don't want to run into any hiccups with that.
    I did that and the manager also to me to give him a call tomorrow just to make sure that my account was updated properly to reflect what he entered.
    06-08-10 01:24 PM
    With the new multitasking iOS, I think Apple might finally have won me over. I'm a tech geek at heart and a RIM fanboy (natural when you go to University of Waterloo), but as sexy as the slider looks, I might just give the iPhone a chance this time.
    06-08-10 01:36 PM
    Guess you opted to take the route to not read anything about the device. Yes it has LED flash for the camera.
    Obviously you missed that sarcasm
    06-08-10 08:27 PM
    I dropped my iphone a month or so ago .. and tried the bold for 30 days, yesterday was my last day to return it ..The news came out yesterday, and I returned the BB yesterday .. I just couldn't get used to it .. it's my destiny to have an iphone I guess. ...
    06-08-10 09:26 PM
    I will miss how anal I am about Quality and gave up after Exchanging my Onyx six times. LOL

I can't wait for iPhone 4!
    06-08-10 09:37 PM
    When I was at the AT&T store today, the manager told me that they're going to be offering insurance on the iPhone 4 for the first time. He said it's going to be $13 and some change per month. I think that's kind of steep, but the iPhone 4, 16 gig like I'm getting costs $599. The 32 gig costs $699. That's a lot of dough to have to come up with if you break or lose it.
    06-08-10 09:58 PM
    Been a Blackberry user for a while, and I plan on switching pretty soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 10:10 PM
    I've been a Blackberry fanboy for 1.5 years now. Had a 9000 and now have a 9700 (since release date). I am going in next week to preorder the new iphone 4. I want to try it out see if I am going to stay with it or go back to the 9700. It's the apps and browser that I really like about it. We'll see if the email and multitasking are up to snuf on the 24th. We shall see. I haven't been under contract in a while so ATT finally snags me into a 2 year contract. Let's hope it's all it's hyped to be.
    06-09-10 12:36 PM
    When I was at the AT&T store today, the manager told me that they're going to be offering insurance on the iPhone 4 for the first time. He said it's going to be $13 and some change per month. I think that's kind of steep, but the iPhone 4, 16 gig like I'm getting costs $599. The 32 gig costs $699. That's a lot of dough to have to come up with if you break or lose it.
    Yeah and it's a high deductible to pay as well. I'm guessing Apple still will offer Apple care for it which is what I will do. I will have 2 iphones on my account so if I did get insurance, I would only get it on one. What are the chances that something happens to both of them?
    06-09-10 12:51 PM
    I've been a Blackberry fanboy for 1.5 years now. Had a 9000 and now have a 9700 (since release date). I am going in next week to preorder the new iphone 4. I want to try it out see if I am going to stay with it or go back to the 9700. It's the apps and browser that I really like about it. We'll see if the email and multitasking are up to snuf on the 24th. We shall see. I haven't been under contract in a while so ATT finally snags me into a 2 year contract. Let's hope it's all it's hyped to be.
    I think you're gonna love it. I've been a blackberry user for about 2 years and I'm not going to knock it, but for my purposes the iPhone is the greatest. I don't use a phone that often and I don't text. I use a smartphone for web browsing, email, watching videos and the audio functions. The iPhone is perfect for these things.

I was fortunate enough to be eligible for an upgrade last month and I knew that apple would probably announce the iPhone 4's release date on 6/7 at the WWDC, so I upgraded to the iPhone 3Gs on 5/11 just to road test it and see if I liked it. It's all it's cracked up to be. Blackberry can't touch the web browsing and the email comes in full html, graphics and all.

When they announced the release date, I did a restore on my iPhone 3Gs to get it back to the original state and returned it on 6/8 and canceled my upgrade without any problems. The atl&t store manager advised me to make sure I was there on 6/15 to pre-order the iPhone 4 and he made a note on my account that I can keep my current unlimited data plan, instead of choosing one of those 2 new lousy data plans.

So right now I'm back to using my Blackberry and watching the calendar, waiting for 6/24.
    06-09-10 12:57 PM
    Yeah and it's a high deductible to pay as well. I'm guessing Apple still will offer Apple care for it which is what I will do. I will have 2 iphones on my account so if I did get insurance, I would only get it on one. What are the chances that something happens to both of them?
    You've got a good point there. The store manager suggested that if I go for the insurance, which I think I am, that I can cancel the Apple Care that I had put on the iPhone 3Gs, and take the insurance when I come back in on 6/15 to pre-order and pay for the iPhone 4.
    06-09-10 01:04 PM
    SquareTrade will be better insurance and cheaper at that.
    06-09-10 01:36 PM
    What is Square Trade?
    06-09-10 01:40 PM
    I love my Pre - but it has always been a placeholder until iPhone 4 comes out.

It will be mine. It will be white. I will luff it and call it George.

*bounces*
    06-09-10 01:49 PM
    06-09-10 01:50 PM
    I love my Pre - but it has always been a placeholder until iPhone 4 comes out.

It will be mine. It will be white. I will luff it and call it George.

*bounces*
    Mine will be black and weigh in at 32g's, it will be named JoBud Staggs!
    06-09-10 01:53 PM
    What is Square Trade?
    Service that offers extended warranties for electronics. It's big on eBay and goes beyond the manufacturer's warranty. The prices vary depending on the device. Pretty good service. It's a good idea for those that get devices second hand or are not eligible for insurance you your carrier or company. You'll have some protection with it. Read up on it.

SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative
    06-09-10 02:06 PM
    Yeah they already have quotes for iPhone 4 and it's running at 99 bucks for 2 years coverage. That's good considering there are no deductibles either.
    06-09-10 02:08 PM
    Thanks guys. Square Trade looks like the way to go. I don't suppose they cover lost and theft.
    06-09-10 02:21 PM
136 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD