I want an iPhone so badly. I stupidly upgraded to a BlackBerry Bold 9700 in December, so I have to wait until May 24th, 2011 before I'm able to get another phone at a discount.
    I upgraded to the Bold 9000 last June but I'm lucky to be one of the ones that's getting an early upgrade.
    05-25-10 08:04 PM
    Well idk about the iphone but I'm getting ready to leave for the Htc Hd2...blackberry's are cool but their not fun

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 08:08 PM
    Pleaseeeeeee don't get the HTC HD2 man please. Its not what it was hyped up to be windows really gives it lag.
    05-25-10 08:09 PM
    Hi everyone,

Im really excited because im going to make the move from bb to iphone and get the 4g when it comes out in june (i've been with the storm and a mac and its down right ridiculous).

I was wondering if someone could tell me how likely it will be that I wont be able to pre-order because the device will be sold out immediately? People on here have already answered my question regarding the pre-sale and that i will most likely be able to order online as soon as they make it available. but in the past, for things like concert tickets, plays, etc. even if youre primed and ready with your finger on the mouse, you still might miss out because of others with their multiple windows and other tricks.

So i guess im asking are there any tricks of the trade that will ensure that i am able to get my hands on the new iphone!!!!

Thanks!
    05-26-10 12:32 PM
    come aug when my contract is up, im jumping ship to iphone. BB is the biggest pos ever.. My old school razar was a better phone..
    05-26-10 04:18 PM
    i Had the bold 9000 since it first came out. i lost love in it, always rebooting, freezing once in a while...and the same typ of operating system, just got too boring, so i gave BB another chance, i went to the 8520, i wanted to see how nice the trackpad was..loved it for like 2 days, and i decided just to get the iphone 3Gs since the new version will run on it. and i just couldn't wait any longer for the new iphone comes out, so i just got this one lol. iPHONE is so much better.
    05-28-10 09:26 AM
    come aug when my contract is up, im jumping ship to iphone. BB is the biggest pos ever.. My old school razar was a better phone..
    Now, I may agree BB's OS is outdated, but c'mon now, it's not worse than a razr....
    05-28-10 09:49 AM
    Really? Wow the things that some people will say. Look I might agree that the iPhone is more advanced but to compare the BB to anything that Moto has made is just wrong.
    05-28-10 12:45 PM
    My wife has an iPhone and I do get pretty envious quite often. I may be on this bandwagon. We will see (I would hate to admit she was right!)
    05-28-10 04:05 PM
    I jumped ship for a deal of a 3Gs 2 weeks ago and I cant believe how much I love the iphone. I was a class 1 hater on the iphone but I can honestly say that this is my favorite phone of all time and quite possibly my favorite gadget of all time. The build quality is superb the OS stability is unreal and the app store is in a league of its own. Its not a perfect device by a long shot(battery life is shaky at best and customization is limited) but I am VERY satisfied with my purchase. I certainly have fond memories of my berries and still recommend berries to my friends that are email power users but I wont be looking back for quite some time. I have money in hand ready for the 4G!!
    05-29-10 08:51 PM
    I had enough and will have to learn to love Touch Screen.

Browser, YouTube & iTunes are my reasons why I'm switching. Okay, a few Apps as well. LOL

I got sick of carrying my iPod nano too. I tried using my Berry but after playing around with the Frame Rates, I can't play my Videos. Lip Sync issues!!

Tethering is a PITA, I know it's my fault but I can't get it to work unlike with my boy's 32GB iPhone 3GS.
    05-30-10 05:09 PM
    Get both, it's like pocket change prices now... We 4g

05-31-10 01:18 PM
    I feel BB's OS is outdated. I'm waiting to see what BB's OS 6.0 will bring but I don't think it will bring much. If BB would just update the tracpad, OS, browser, processor, and device memory on the Bold 9000 I would stay with BB. However, given that BB doesn't understand its customers I don't see that happening. I love my BOLD 9000 so much but I think it is time to move on to a company that understands its customers..

Get a 9700 and all will be good. The 9000 is practically a dinosaur. No offense-- I love BBs but with tech moving so fast, it's time to dump the 9000. I think if you had a 9700 you'd be happier.

06-01-10 08:57 PM
    Get a 9700 and all will be good. The 9000 is practically a dinosaur. No offense-- I love BBs but with tech moving so fast, it's time to dump the 9000. I think if you had a 9700 you'd be happier.

I had a 9700 that I sold recently and got a Palm Pre+. Even with the Pre+, I am much happier with it. The battery does suck and the 9700 had better email (it better had because that's what BBs are originally known for).

I read the Bold 9650 review on BGR and they're usually praising BBs but this time, it was different. Sifting through the comments, there were some comments that I thought about which I can definitely agree with.

One thing that was mentioned was the OS of BB. To me, it is starting to feel outdated. I felt so much more at home with webOS and even iPhone OS, and probably even Android. With these modern touch OSes in constant development, it's hard to choose a BB over them. To me, the only thing that makes BB shine is the battery and keyboard. The email on BB of course is still good but even so, html emails do not look their best.

BBs are great tools to get the job done. But that's it. There's no immersive experience you get like with an iPhone, or webOS, or Android phone (especially with HTC's Sense UI). I just feel like it's cold. I used my phone to get things done but once it's done, I put it away. Whereas with the iPhone and Pre+, I am constantly taking it out to play with it. Even if there's no new notifications for me, I like doing the swiping, tapping, gesturing, seeing the small but effective animations.

I've used berries for years. But I just feel like I'm using the same thing, with incremental changes that aren't really noticeable on an everyday usage basis. For me, I'm gonna be returning my Pre+ this weekend in anticipation of the new iPhone. If it's not that great, I'll return that and wait for the Samsung i897 or maybe a Windows 7 Phone.
    06-01-10 10:48 PM
    I want to be loyal to BB BUT the fact they did not have a touchscreen device for Rogers customers pissed me off. I know the 9800 slider is coming out soon. However, not soon enough, for me to consider staying with BB.

The leak of the iphone 4G really got me excited to switch over.

The hardware alone is impressive better than the 3G or 3GS in my opinion. I like the sharp lines and the metal finish on the outside edge. I am not a fan of the "plasticy" iphone currently available.

Can't wait for June 7 !!
    06-01-10 10:52 PM
    Jumping ship in July. I used to love my BB. Then, I realized all it had was a great e-mail system. I don't use BBM and I'm sick and tired of doing a battery pull ~2 times a day. Browser sucks. Constant freezing, i.e. I'll type an SMS and midway it freezes. Apps suck. Either they're not interesting or they run slowly. And with RIM not innovating (seriously who the **** releases a flip phone & a slider in 2010?) and Storm 3 not on the agenda it seems for this year, I'm going with the iPhone.
    06-02-10 08:23 AM
    Jumping ship in July. I used to love my BB. Then, I realized all it had was a great e-mail system. I don't use BBM and I'm sick and tired of doing a battery pull ~2 times a day. Browser sucks. Constant freezing, i.e. I'll type an SMS and midway it freezes. Apps suck. Either they're not interesting or they run slowly. And with RIM not innovating (seriously who the **** releases a flip phone & a slider in 2010?) and Storm 3 not on the agenda it seems for this year, I'm going with the iPhone.
    I agree these latest two smartphones seem like they're lost in time, but hey that RIM for you, and the people on this forum will find a way to praise then for it.

06-02-10 09:48 AM
    I love my iPhone 3gs. I just switched from a blackberry 8800 and I can't be happier
    06-02-10 02:35 PM
    I originally wanted an iPhone, but AT&T wanted WAY too much money for a security deposit. I went with Verizon who, out of all available carriers, wanted the least amount for a deposit. If I had the ridiculous amount of money AT&T wanted I would have definitely went for the iPhone. I'm not upset with my BB at all....I would just prefer an iPhone a tad more.
    06-02-10 06:06 PM
    I considered getting an iPhone. That lasted all of 5 seconds when I found out AT&T was the only carrier offering them. And looking back it's a good thing because of just how restricting Apple really is with it's platform. BB may not listen to its users fast enough but Apple flat out dictates what its users can and can't have, they don't listen at all.

If you want someone that listens then you'd want to get an Android phone or possibly a Palm Pixi/Pre. I'm really hoping HP makes good use of webOS in the near future.
    06-02-10 06:53 PM
    I considered getting an iPhone. That lasted all of 5 seconds when I found out AT&T was the only carrier offering them. And looking back it's a good thing because of just how restricting Apple really is with it's platform. BB may not listen to its users fast enough but Apple flat out dictates what its users can and can't have, they don't listen at all.

If you want someone that listens then you'd want to get an Android phone or possibly a Palm Pixi/Pre. I'm really hoping HP makes good use of webOS in the near future.
    For someone who doesn't even own an iPhone, you sure seem to have some strong feelings. What, exactly, have YOU experienced to make you such an authority on Apple? This is my pet peeve with this site. A LOT of staticd and blow from people who don't even own or operate the equipment they're bashing.
    06-02-10 07:46 PM
    I love my blackberry curve 8530, but if sprint came out with the iphone. I think I would jump ship also!

06-02-10 07:56 PM
    For someone who doesn't even own an iPhone, you sure seem to have some strong feelings. What, exactly, have YOU experienced to make you such an authority on Apple? This is my pet peeve with this site. A LOT of staticd and blow from people who don't even own or operate the equipment they're bashing.
    I agree. I see it all the time.
    06-02-10 08:14 PM
    I had the 3gs and got rid of it for the tilt 2. I am dissapointed with the Tilt 2 but its a great phone. I was hoping to get the window7 mobile upgrade but recently found out its a no go. This is how windows also screws over its customers. I will be getting the 4G only if it comes with the front facing camera for video chat. This will make the video chats and not dependent on a laptop not alot of us carry our laptops every where we go, but do carry our cellphones with us everywhere.
    06-02-10 09:18 PM
    I honestly might. Blackberry hasn't had anything in the hopper that's really gotten me excited lately, but the leaked pictures of the 4G look fantastic to me.
    06-03-10 01:25 AM
136 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD