My Eft has been pro rated as well. But still would like to get some cash for my Storm2
    what was your pro rated price? i got 17 months left so itll probably be the same
    06-15-10 09:41 PM
    it starts at 175 for 24 months and goes down $5 for every month you have completed of your contract
    06-16-10 02:30 AM
    I was pretty much ready to leave VZW after WWDC. But after thinking about it for awhile, I'm worried about signing a 2yr contract and being stuck on AT&T for that long.

Rumors are still circling that Verizon could get the iPhone later this year/early 2011 and I'd hate to have to worry about selling my phone, paying ETFs, etc to switch back.

The fact that AT&T is letting people upgrade so early makes me wonder if there is some truth to the rumors and they are trying to discourage people from leaving later on.

There are also other factors such as my wife's line and higher corp discount on VZW that are making me stay.
    06-16-10 09:57 AM
    I was pretty much ready to leave VZW after WWDC. But after thinking about it for awhile, I'm worried about signing a 2yr contract and being stuck on AT&T for that long.

Rumors are still circling that Verizon could get the iPhone later this year/early 2011 and I'd hate to have to worry about selling my phone, paying ETFs, etc to switch back.

The fact that AT&T is letting people upgrade so early makes me wonder if there is some truth to the rumors and they are trying to discourage people from leaving later on.

There are also other factors such as my wife's line and higher corp discount on VZW that are making me stay.
    They've been saying that since '07.

If you keep thinking that way you'll be here saying the same next year after WWDC again.

AT&T has always allowed early upgrades for iPhone users for whatever reason.

Nothing new or special.

Can the iPhone eventually make its way to VZW? Certainly.

Will it anytime soon? Who knows.

Why deprive yourself over uncertainty?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 06-16-10 at 12:09 PM.
    06-16-10 10:41 AM

I agree with prada. At&t has always allowed upgrades in some form or fashion with the iphones. The fact its a full upgrade can be taken as anything from an extension on the exclusive deal to drive more apple sales to locking in current customers in lieu of another carriers announcement. One thing is for certain, every year these rumors circulate and every year more people believe them
    06-16-10 12:12 PM
    ^^^I think people should look at what is present and make decisions, no body knows how long iphone will stay with AT&T. I see no point on stressing how long iphone will go somewhere else.
    06-16-10 02:23 PM
    I did sold my Droid for 325 and paid the rest. They. Kept raising my bill and couldn't tell me why. I can't wait for the iphone 4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 03:13 PM
    iPhone looks good. Works well on WiFi. But does not work a lot of places a VZW phone would. For example, I live 2 miles from the largest, nicest ATT store in my city. My son's iPhone does not work at my house. Nor at the lake. Nor at the beach. Nor on the mountain. Nor at the farm.

Good luck. iPhone is like many, if not most, ultra pretty girls: They look real good, but can't cook, sew, ride a bike, play tennis with you, read, etc.

jr
    06-16-10 03:19 PM
    'm not going to switch from Verizon. LTE is coming up and there is a whole line of Droid models to chose from. Hopefully the iPhone comes to Verizon once LTE comes out, but even if it doesn't I wont leave at this point. I don't buy into the rumors, so until I see a press release from Verizon and Apple, I wont believe anything said. But if it does come, I will definitely switch back. Would be nice to have both and Android device and iPhone (like I use to have).
    06-16-10 04:30 PM
    Good luck. iPhone is like many, if not most, ultra pretty girls: They look real good, but can't cook, sew, ride a bike, play tennis with you, read, etc.

jr
    lmao. I don't agree with you at all, because you basically turned a phone into a network. Maybe your "ultra pretty girls" (Which I know a lot of that can cook, sew, ride a bike, play tennis and read...) should have been labeled as AT&T.
    06-16-10 04:34 PM
    not leaving gonna get the droid x and call it a day ... in the end its the service not the phone and att isnt good
    06-16-10 06:23 PM
    i made the jump.... Verizon and going to iP4 as soon as my presale comes in.
    06-16-10 09:39 PM
    I read a press release from Apple the day of WWDC and it stated that the version of the iPhone that VZW will get is from a different manufacturer than ATT and it will be heavily modified. VZW will get what is known now (name to change later) as iPhone Lite and it is severely restricted by Verizon.

they can keep it. If in 2 years Verizon has THE iPhone and i want to leave ATT i'll come back. till then.... ATT it is.
    06-16-10 09:45 PM
    I read a press release from Apple the day of WWDC and it stated that the version of the iPhone that VZW will get is from a different manufacturer than ATT and it will be heavily modified. VZW will get what is known now (name to change later) as iPhone Lite and it is severely restricted by Verizon.

they can keep it. If in 2 years Verizon has THE iPhone and i want to leave ATT i'll come back. till then.... ATT it is.
    Not sure what you read but there is no such press release
    06-16-10 09:53 PM
    I saw it the day of the WWDC.... please dont tell me what i read thank you.
    06-16-10 11:11 PM
    I saw it the day of the WWDC.... please dont tell me what i read thank you.
    i'm simply telling you there is no such press release. there is no such phone in development for verizon and if there is apple has said absolutely nothing about it, thats a fact
    06-17-10 09:01 AM
    i'm simply telling you there is no such press release. there is no such phone in development for verizon and if there is apple has said absolutely nothing about it, thats a fact
    Agreed because everyone would have been talking about it. Between gizmodo, engadget and BGR it would have been plastered all over the web. Apparently this is the only person to have read it. Link or lying. Period.
    06-17-10 09:12 AM
    Verizon won't get the iPhone until 2012 (unless Apple breaks their deal). Either way it doesn't matter to me because right now I prefer Android but the rumors will never stop. It's a forum so it's bound to happen.
    06-17-10 09:25 AM
    I'm leaving. I can't wait around for a CDMA Version to be available. It's been 3 years. I'm over it. I want an iPhone.
    06-17-10 09:33 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD