Hey friends,

just clicked a bit around on some tech-sites.
    I also visited iBRG`s page and found this post:

iPhone 5 pictures leak: iPhone 4 comparison

But whatīs more interessting than pics (if no fake) are the comments below.
    Iphone fans are getting more and more bored of the "new" Iphones.
    First complaints came with the Iphone 4 to the Iphone 4S update.
    iOS is becoming "old" and "boring" to theirs fans and I see some similarities to past RIM years.
    I`m sure Apple will sell millions of their new phone.
    But Apple is just updating their system, no big improvents no more "wow", more "meh".

But do you see what that means to RIM/Blackberry?
    Many of the people say RIM is "dead", but I donīt think so - OS10 could bring back a lot of new costumers!
    The times have changed!
    The iphone seems to lose itīs iconic status and is becoming more and more a "normal" phone.

I see a bright future for RIM and itīs OS10!!

Just wanted to share this thought with you, because I have never seen so much disappointment at the iphone corner.
    Normally the comments are like: "Wow, canīt wait..." etc...

What do you think?
    08-31-12 08:08 AM
    apple is really at the peak of their popularity, but if this is the actual new iphone, i think a ton of people will be disappointed. no 1 company can stay at the top forever, and while apple projects to be extremely popular into the near future, a few more products like this could spell trouble.
    08-31-12 08:30 AM
    All I have to say is what's up with all these narrow long phones? They ever think some like landscape mode and would want a phone that is wider?
    08-31-12 08:54 AM
    I feel like this is always what is heard prior to the new iphone coming out and then sales are still record breaking. If it isn't broke, then I personally hope Apple doesn't try to fix it. I use my phone because I like it and it works. I don't need to learn anything new, I basically know where everything is and how it works. I don't want to have to read an instruction manual everytime I purchase a new phone. tweek what's under the hood, add some additional functionality and I'm a happy camper. Looking at Apples iPhone sales history and ranking among competititors, I'd say I'm in the majority.

As far as what it means for RIM, I really don't think any other phone or company can help or hurt RIM right now. It's all on RIM.
    08-31-12 10:46 AM
    I feel like this is always what is heard prior to the new iphone coming out and then sales are still record breaking. If it isn't broke, then I personally hope Apple doesn't try to fix it. I use my phone because I like it and it works. I don't need to learn anything new, I basically know where everything is and how it works. I don't want to have to read an instruction manual everytime I purchase a new phone. tweek what's under the hood, add some additional functionality and I'm a happy camper. Looking at Apples iPhone sales history and ranking among competititors, I'd say I'm in the majority.

As far as what it means for RIM, I really don't think any other phone or company can help or hurt RIM right now. It's all on RIM.
    The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude can only last for so long, then you fall way, way behind, ask RIM. I've owned every model iPhone to play with, and the only one that actually got me excited was the very first one, everything else was more of the same old and not really that exciting if you think about it. Unlike you, there are many who think the OS is outdated and needs a refresh, but like you said, I'm sure Apple doesn't want to change something that just works, but, like I mentioned, that can only last for so long, and if Apple doesn't do anything about it, then Apple will be the next RIM especially when knowing that Apple is making record profits left right and center. How does that make you feel purchasing a refreshed original iphone for crazy amounts. Android is having their glory days of being on top, WP will have their turn too. Hopefully in the near future RIM will be back and in the mix again. Only time will tell.
    08-31-12 04:13 PM
    How does that make you feel purchasing a refreshed original iphone for crazy amounts.
    I can only explain it like this. Jordan releases a "retro" shoe that is crazy popular every year on Christmas eve. Lines are crazy, and they always sells out even though this exact "new" shoe was released years ago. My teenage son loves them and treats these shoes like children lol. As long as his academics and athletics remain on par I buy them for him. The shoe retails for $180, but I can buy 2 pairs and easily sell the second within hours for $500+

It may be the same old shoe, but as long as people buy them Jordan keeps re-releasing them and he's done it for YEARS! As far as I'm concerned, as long as I can sell a pair for enough to cover the new purchase and make a profit (like I do with my iPhones) I'm just fine spending the money, on the same item that does what I need it to do. Perhaps RIM and Apple should go talk to Michael Jordan lmao
    09-01-12 03:22 PM
    Apple is still the goto brand for most people who are not familiar with mobile technology. Even for people who visit tech sites regularly, it's a split the best towards Apple. For RIM however, the overwhelming opinion in any other group of people outside CB is negative. So I think Apple is likely to do very well on IPhone 5 even if it's just a brick.

Look around yourself in your family, workplace, or a coffee shop you frequent to, what's the percentage of people would fork their money for an Apple product comparing to a RIM product?

This is called the "trend". Don't try to pick a top for Apple... but please do for RIM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD