Well I just want to know what you guys think about this:

1. Why doesn't the Iphone come with copy/paste
    2. Why doesn't it have mms?

I am NOT trying to put down the Iphone or start and argument. I just want to know what you guys think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 11:19 PM
    Oh god.

I don't know. It isn't really all that important. In months of owning a Berry I haven't sent a MMS or copied and pasted.

Usually those features are thrown out in an argument as the end all be all when it's just flipping copy and paste, and MMS is a fancy text. Ooooo.
    08-02-08 11:21 PM
    The same reason the shuffle doesnt come with a screen. Anything apple sells there is a line for. We logical people call this "hype"
    08-02-08 11:23 PM
    Way to not start an argument, here come the people who hate Apple so much they troll the 3G board instead of staying in the BB part they feel is so much better.

We logical people call this desperation.
    08-02-08 11:24 PM

I am NOT trying to put down the Iphone or start and argument. I just want to know what you guys think.

because its not a blackberry lol
    08-02-08 11:25 PM
    Oh for ****s sake.
    08-02-08 11:26 PM
    Does it count as "trolling" when you click "new posts" and it's at the top?
    08-02-08 11:34 PM
    i dno i'm 17 and after switching from a phone from MMS to the iphones SMS i thought ti would be a problem. not receiving picture messages from friends does suck but i can get over it.

the way the text is presented however in a threaded form makes up for it. at first i thought it was a basic feature but its actually really nice to see the txts in a conversation format.
    08-02-08 11:36 PM
    Because it's not needed.

Copy/Paste = It's an all touch device.. it's not easy to implement. Also, I'm not a lazy person.

MMS = It does have MMS. Not a MMS client like most phones, but I can email them, that's how I like receiving them anyways.

08-03-08 12:06 AM
    Because it's not needed.

Copy/Paste = It's an all touch device.. it's not easy to implement. Also, I'm not a lazy person.

MMS = It does have MMS. Not a MMS client like most phones, but I can email them, that's how I like receiving them anyways.

Very valid points as usual.

08-03-08 12:08 AM
    I don't have the answer but those were not features that I used often so they're not missed.
    08-03-08 06:03 AM
    Well I had a palm tx and it was all touch and had copy and paste. It is very useful I used it a lot on my tx and I use it now on my berry. As for mms, my 8820 doesn't have a camera, so I don't use it much. I'm just wondering. Calm down everyone!

08-03-08 11:07 AM
    Way to make a new thread pointing out flaws the iPhone has...

then throw in the little "this is not meant to spark an argument" disclosure... *sigh*

Read the million other debates between the iPhone and the Bold and you will see a ton of opinions....
    08-03-08 11:14 AM
    My non 3G iPhone does not have MMS, but I though the 3G version was supposed to include them.
    08-03-08 11:16 AM
    the way the text is presented however in a threaded form makes up for it. at first i thought it was a basic feature but its actually really nice to see the txts in a conversation format.
    the pearl also does this
    08-03-08 11:28 AM
    Look bm, all phones have their flaws and we all know that. I am just wondering why apple left out these features. I am not trying to start an argument or put down the phone.. I thought I stated that before.......

08-03-08 11:31 AM
    Oh god.

I don't know. It isn't really all that important. In months of owning a Berry I haven't sent a MMS or copied and pasted.

Usually those features are thrown out in an argument as the end all be all when it's just flipping copy and paste, and MMS is a fancy text. Ooooo.
    I agree, i never once copied and pasted on my berry, and i don't mms, i usually just upload pictures to my mac, so these are not a big deal for me.
    08-03-08 11:32 AM
    Well I had a palm tx and it was all touch and had copy and paste. It is very useful I used it a lot on my tx and I use it now on my berry. As for mms, my 8820 doesn't have a camera, so I don't use it much. I'm just wondering. Calm down everyone!

Your palm text had a stylus didn't it?
    08-03-08 02:23 PM
    Look bm, all phones have their flaws and we all know that. I am just wondering why apple left out these features. I am not trying to start an argument or put down the phone.. I thought I stated that before.......

The point he was trying to make was that there are hundreds of iPhone vs. Bold and Bold vs. iPhone threads in which you would have seen the opinions.

The real answer is that we don't know. We don't make the devices and we could only guess as to why. Someone stated their Palm TX had it, but that phone had a stylus in which was my accurate then a finger as well as the OS being different. It allowed for c&p.g
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-03-08 at 04:34 PM.
    08-03-08 02:34 PM
    Yeah the tx had a stylus. But again NOT putting the Iphone or comparing it to the bb. I just wanted to know why Apple might do that. I guess some people just didn't read correctly. But I think Jayden is right on with his last post. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

08-03-08 04:04 PM
    Hey I'll bite

I'll answer your question with more questions

Why don't all curves have the same.feature sets?

Why does the 8320 have wifi but no gps? Why does the 8310 have video but no uma? Why does the 8800 not have wifi or a camera? Why don't any blackberries have html email unless like me you have to download official software from another carrier in another country...

Why? The same reason apple does not have copy and paste and mms and video and attatchment editing and other features on their iphone. To make money on future updates. Believe me apple will have c&p video and maybe even mms in a future update. Which people will pay top dolla for. Simple... RIM does it too bro to me its worse because to have the feature you want you have to switch carriers or unlock your phone.

08-04-08 12:11 AM

1. Probably because of the lack of background processing between apps but that's just a guess. I'm a bit surprised by the number of people who say they've never copied and pasted on their BB though. I email, among other things, interesting links (usually horrendously long) all the time. It'd bad enough typing them on my 8700c but I couldn't imagine trying to type it on my Touch.

I'm curious if the reason people don't copy/paste is because they really never do this sort of thing or just didn't realize they could. My sister never used copy/paste on her BB until I showed her menu items like "copy link" and now she emails useless links to me all the frikkin' time.

2. I don't use MMS. At all. Of course that's because my phone has no media capabilities. But if you can send an MMS to an email address on the iPhone then who cares.

3. It can't tether. Why can't it tether? Why does it require a 3rd party to write an app called NetShare that allows only jailbroken iPhones to "tether" using WiFi? And why does said app have to be pulled from the App Store? Twice!
    08-04-08 09:52 AM
    I for one know that you can do it, and how to do it. I just have never been in a situation where I use C/P on a phone, even with all the browser stuff.

I agree with you on the MMS. SO not a deal breaker.
    08-04-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD