I am about to sign a new plan thru at&t and cant decide if i want the Iphone or the bold.

I'm 18 and its more for entertainment, but i text a lot and heard typing on the iphone is tough...

also, are the iphone's pretty durable?
    02-12-09 04:12 PM
    Get a case for the IPhone for sure. If its about entertainment, go with the iPhone. The bold is great, but is biased towards a buisness-person.

Either way both are amazing phones, I just prefer the iPhone and I think you will too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 05:55 PM
    Build quality, I find my iPhone to be much better than my Bold. As for typing, I like typing on a physical keypad better. But I type faster on my iPhone. There's an autocorrect feature that helps with mistakes. Definitely get the iphone.
    02-12-09 06:18 PM
    alright thanks for your help...
    02-12-09 07:50 PM
    I would recommend you to buy Iphone, because you wont let out of your hand once you buy it. :-)
    02-19-09 09:08 AM
    Go with the iPhone if it's more for entertainment. The app store and cydia pwn. Typing on the iPhone was difficult for me at first, (I have huge hands) but I got used to it. I now type damn near as fast on the iPhone as I do on my Curve.
    02-19-09 07:47 PM
    I have been pro Blackberry for 3 years. But this year I got the Iphone. Took it back after 6 days. And one week later decided to really take the plunge. This time I kept it. Love it. Love the games/videos/internet/and of course a great phone.

The Bold is a good device but the screen is toooo small. Get the Iphone it is a great device and easy to adapt to. Very smart interface and you don't have to constantly worry about updating your OS like us Blackberry goons do all the time.

Blackberry still has issues with you tube,audio streaming and other things that the IPHoNE just does flawlessly.

Sure the Iphone hickups every now and then but so does a blackberry
    02-19-09 08:38 PM
    I'm 20 year old college student here.. and have had the Bold since December.

However I couldn't get around all the iPhone had to offer so I decided to give the iPhone a try.

Got it today and literally cannot put the thing down. Amazing device and I'm already thinking I will most likely be selling my Bold.
    02-19-09 09:03 PM
    Another 20 year old college student here,
    Was stuck between verizon and the storm, then when i finally decided to switch still wasn't sure if i could get off the the crack. Bold vs. iPhone.

Went with the iPhone and I'm pumped... Can't put it down. Just started downloading apps and I'm hooked. (papijump is the sh*t)

I still receive my e-mail, and its fully rendered unlike my pearl was and wifi is a huge plus. These guys are really helpful and so were the people over at crackberries sister site, The iPhone Blog. You can't go wrong with either phone but the iPhone is A++.
    02-20-09 01:05 AM
    GET THE IPHONE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. YOULL LOVE IT .
    02-26-09 08:50 AM
    I would recommend you to buy Iphone, because you wont let out of your hand once you buy it. :-)
    I could say the same thing about the Bold. Play with both and decide what YOU like.
    02-26-09 09:47 AM
    I could say the same thing about the Bold. Play with both and decide what YOU like.
    I could when I had never played with or owned an iPhone 3G

if he messes around with both I'm willing to bet he wouldn't want to put down the iPhone
    02-26-09 11:44 AM
    Im not going to turn this into a debate over what is better because the topic has been beaten like a red headed step child. Every person has that same "feeling " of not being able to put down the phone when it is new. The OP needs to do research, read about the pros and cons and play with each device to see what he likes. Asking others what he/she should get has always irked me.
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
    once you get used to typing on an iphone you can type just like you can on a regular keyboard style phone. They Iphone is great for entertainment and completely durible. My BB i spilled about 5 drops of soda on the keyboard and it completely surged the whole phone. My iphone has been in the shower and nothing when i went to apple they say they dont advertise it but the iPhone is water resisant and if you search it on youtube you see people swimming and talking on their phone under the shower head pooring on them. I say go iphone if you just want entertainment and durability
    02-26-09 10:50 PM
    GET THE IPHONE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. YOULL LOVE IT .
    Agreed....
    02-27-09 09:57 AM
    My iPhone has turned out to be a lot more durable than my Bold..
    02-27-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD