Bye bye Verizon and bye bye BB... although I won't forget my smartphone roots, I totally cant wait for the IP4!
    06-16-10 02:07 PM
    I'm about to go do that myself. I keep getting the you have to go to the store reserve page on Apple.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 04:15 PM
    I'm about to go do that myself. I keep getting the you have to go to the store reserve page on Apple.com.

Aw Niki. You were mad hyped up for it and you still haven't ordered?

Luckily, I got both my orders through the site yesterday and I have a reservation just in case. They are now reporting that Apple is pushing dates back again to July 15th. Whatever you decide to do, do it quickly.
    06-16-10 04:24 PM
    I have two reserves. That's about it. *cries* lol

I'm stil excited but the hype is gone.

I'm leaving out now and I'll report back.

Wait, July 15th? *faint*

06-16-10 04:44 PM
    preordered as well
    hopefully they didn't cancel my order like they did to others
    lately att have been screwing up
    but there are alot of people upgrading
    06-16-10 04:51 PM
    I have two reserves. That's about it. *cries* lol

I'm stil excited but the hype is gone.

I'm leaving out now and I'll report back.

Wait, July 15th? *faint*

If you've already reserved you'll be good.
    06-16-10 05:01 PM
    I'm excited and can't wait. The 24th
    can't come soon enough. I reserved
    three of those bad boys.

Niki... just look at your confirmation
    email. It should tell you the date. If
    it doesn't, then you may have to wait
    longer than the 24th, depending on
    when you placed the order.
    06-16-10 05:46 PM
    I didn't get a confirmation email.

Went to the store and AT&T can't take any more pre orders at the moment. A nice girl gave me her card and told me to call her friday.

As long as I get it before my bday in August I'll be fine.

Please don't brag too much when you guys get yours.

06-16-10 07:39 PM
    Pre orders were stopped at 11:30am EST today due to overwhelming response, Apple is afraid they wont meet their promise dates.

The LATEST it's pushed to is July 5th for Pre Order but expected between the 24th - 27th still.

in store orders on the 24th will be rough because stores only get a limited supply

I went yesterday to order and had a problem with my credit card... long story short i had plans to go back today after my card thing cleared up and when i woke, i saw 2 messages from some odd #.... i checked my VM and it was the ATT store by me: "the pre sale is ending pleassse come in to order it before 11:30... my boss told me to call you so you wouldnt be disappointed later"

i FLEW there... LOL

and i ordered.
    06-16-10 09:24 PM
    Lucky!!

The excitement has worn off for me. I'll still wait and line on the 24th to see if I'm lucky. Of not, I'll wait until August and have it as a bday present to myself. Lol

06-16-10 10:10 PM
    see ya on the other side LOL
    06-16-10 11:10 PM
    I got my pre-order in through apple.com on Tues around 7:15pm EST. My order says...Ships: Delivers on June 24th. Yeah baby!!! I heard that if you ordered later that night, you are not getting it on June 24th. Maybe early to mid July at that point.

Pre orders were stopped at 11:30am EST today due to overwhelming response, Apple is afraid they wont meet their promise dates.

The LATEST it's pushed to is July 5th for Pre Order but expected between the 24th - 27th still.

in store orders on the 24th will be rough because stores only get a limited supply

I went yesterday to order and had a problem with my credit card... long story short i had plans to go back today after my card thing cleared up and when i woke, i saw 2 messages from some odd #.... i checked my VM and it was the ATT store by me: "the pre sale is ending pleassse come in to order it before 11:30... my boss told me to call you so you wouldnt be disappointed later"

i FLEW there... LOL

and i ordered.
    06-17-10 04:06 AM
    I read July 5th is the latest.....maybe it depends on the area in which you live?

I was one of the LAST ones to order on presale and was told i'd see it before July 5th... most likely the 25th.
    06-17-10 05:12 AM
    Now the site is saying July 14th. Yikes.

I'll be one of the silly people in line on the 24th. What time should I get there? lol
    06-17-10 12:53 PM

I'll be one of the silly people in line on the 24th. What time should I get there? lol
    Come to the store in delaware and you can have my reservation . I have 2 that I don't need. Got my confirmation emails and everything. You can stand in the reserve line while I'm at home waiting on fedex LOL.
    06-17-10 01:36 PM

7AM. 6AM? 5AM? 12 hours earlier? Get a tent! Why not?
    06-17-10 01:37 PM
    Yeah it's going to be ridiculous becase many people with reservations don't buy that their phone will be there if they just strolled in at 2pm. Gonna be crazy. Probably bigger than the 3G launch even with online orders. 3G launch was massive because everyone got a taste of iPhone with the original and then they came back with the 3G with the subsidized price and no online orders.
    06-17-10 02:14 PM
    Come to the store in delaware and you can have my reservation . I have 2 that I don't need. Got my confirmation emails and everything. You can stand in the reserve line while I'm at home waiting on fedex LOL.
    OMG! hahahahaha!
    06-17-10 03:20 PM
    *FAINT*

Ok, here's the deal, I found out there is another Apple store near me. I don't know if folks know about it. I was thinking about being there at 6am tho cause they are saying stores are going to open up at 7am.
    06-17-10 03:21 PM
    If I get there early and there is a crazy line, I'm just going to go home and wait for the craze to die down and get it next month.
    06-17-10 03:22 PM
    *FAINT*

Ok, here's the deal, I found out there is another Apple store near me. I don't know if folks know about it. I was thinking about being there at 6am tho cause they are saying stores are going to open up at 7am.
    from what i hear all stores will open at 7am... i have one across the street from where i live.. i'll probably stroll over there about 4 am lol and sit and wait LOL
    06-17-10 03:38 PM
    from what i hear all stores will open at 7am... i have one across the street from where i live.. i'll probably stroll over there about 4 am lol and sit and wait LOL
    The iPhones are going to already be in the stores on the 24th? The reason I ask is because I pre-ordered mine at the AT&T store at 9:10am on the 15th. The rep who waited on me said that when FedEx comes in on the 24th and he gets his customers iPhones in his hands, he is going to email first, then personally call each of his customers. Then we can come in and pick up our phones.

Is that how the pre-orders work, or will I have to stand in one of those crazy lines?
    Last edited by jayman2; 06-17-10 at 04:00 PM.
    06-17-10 03:57 PM
    *FAINT*

If it's there, people know about Good luck though
    06-17-10 04:37 PM
    Yeah it's going to be ridiculous becase many people with reservations don't buy that their phone will be there if they just strolled in at 2pm. Gonna be crazy. Probably bigger than the 3G launch even with online orders. 3G launch was massive because everyone got a taste of iPhone with the original and then they came back with the 3G with the subsidized price and no online orders.
    Seriously. The only other situation I'm constantly reminded of as far as the whole Apple.com/ATT.com preordering 'hiccups' are concerned is the whole Xbox 360 unavailability fiasco when it launched in 2005. I heard stories about how even if you preordered from, say, GameStop, you weren't guaranteed to get one on launch day.

I might have said this in another thread, but even though I'm having mine delivered, I'm like tempted to pay the AT&T store or the new Best Buy that opened up in the next town over a visit just to see what they look like that day.
    06-17-10 06:31 PM
    The iPhones are going to already be in the stores on the 24th? The reason I ask is because I pre-ordered mine at the AT&T store at 9:10am on the 15th. The rep who waited on me said that when FedEx comes in on the 24th and he gets his customers iPhones in his hands, he is going to email first, then personally call each of his customers. Then we can come in and pick up our phones.

Is that how the pre-orders work, or will I have to stand in one of those crazy lines?
    Usually they get the shipment that night. They did
    last year and informed me I can come in whenever
    I'd like to come pick it up. So I strolled in after it
    AT&T opened and was told I could walk right in.
    This woman started complaining right when he told
    me to go in. He told her she could have pre-ordered
    and I'm guessing this year everyone learned their
    lessons.
    06-17-10 07:19 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD