I have been a Blackberry user for quite a few years. I had a 7290 and 8700 through work and then bought my own Bold 9000 and had it hooked up through our BES (work pays for my data plan). Recently they started allowing iPhones to hook up to our work email, contacts, etc. I was going to wait to see what the new 9800 looked like but I decided just to switch. We are a Mac family at home (wife has a Macbook Pro and I have an iMac), wife has an iPhone 3GS and my daughter has an iTouch.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive, which is the hardest part.
    07-28-10 07:48 AM
    I made the switch and I love it! You will not be disappointed, and if you are Apple customer service is like no other, but since you seem to be a Mac family like us you probably already know this lol.
    07-28-10 08:03 AM
    I ordered mine 2 days ago. they told me it would most likely take 10 business days.
    07-28-10 09:01 AM
    I ordered mine 2 days ago. they told me it would most likely take 10 business days.
    Yep! Ordered mine at the store on the 17th. Just came off back order late last night. No shipping info yet though. I feel like a kid at Christmas!
    07-28-10 09:30 AM
    I made the switch and I love it! You will not be disappointed, and if you are Apple customer service is like no other, but since you seem to be a Mac family like us you probably already know this lol.
    I agree. Their customer service is very good.
    07-28-10 10:05 AM
    Iphone 4 is fantastic...having said that, there are times when i miss BBM
    07-28-10 10:40 AM
    Yep! Ordered mine at the store on the 17th. Just came off back order late last night. No shipping info yet though. I feel like a kid at Christmas!
    Did you get the 16GB or the 32 GB? I was told the 32 may ship faster because it is less in demand.
    07-28-10 11:10 AM
    Have you noticed the new RIM commercials where BBM is now their main selling point.
    07-28-10 11:13 AM
    Same here.

I walked into the Apple store first thing monday morning and was able to purchase an i4

(Delaware)
    07-28-10 11:16 AM
    Have you noticed the new RIM commercials where BBM is now their main selling point.
    Yeah i have...it sad to say but it is the only good thing about bberrys nowadays. I cannot believe the device that is meant for the "email" warrior gets X's in all images in emails i get and i have to download them manually. With iphone i dont have to worry about that.
    07-28-10 12:39 PM
    Did you get the 16GB or the 32 GB? I was told the 32 may ship faster because it is less in demand.
    16GB. It seems they're shipping a lot of both according to this site:

**AT&T iPhone 4 Order Status Thread** - Page 359 - Mac Forums

Was is wrong to post another forum on CB?! (No matter what phone I use, this will still be my place to go for info!)

Edit: If you ordered from AT&T, you can check the status here (although I strongly suggest you don't...it's all you get done!) :

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 07-28-10 at 01:16 PM.
    07-28-10 01:09 PM
    Well if all your family is apple oriented then its cool to change to iphone, BB has there strong perks and Iphones there's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 01:12 PM
    I will miss BBM but I only have 4 or 5 people that I chat with on there and all but one are from work. They can email or text me.

I bought the 16 GB black.
    07-28-10 01:40 PM
    I think, aside from the physical keyboard, the apps I'll miss most will be Berryweather, Berrypopup and Leave It On. Facebook is horrible on BB's (imo). Although, I'm keeping my 9700 for the 30 day trial period, juuuuuust in case! And my next computer WILL be a MAC. (Sick of Windows and WTD's!)
    07-28-10 02:07 PM
    16GB. It seems they're shipping a lot of both according to this site:

**AT&T iPhone 4 Order Status Thread** - Page 359 - Mac Forums

Was is wrong to post another forum on CB?! (No matter what phone I use, this will still be my place to go for info!)

Edit: If you ordered from AT&T, you can check the status here (although I strongly suggest you don't...it's all you get done!) :

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/
    Thanks. I check it constantly!
    07-28-10 05:02 PM
    Congrats. Ive been a RIM user for 5+ years, and got my i4 about 4 weeks ago and could not be happier with it.
    07-28-10 05:04 PM
    Thanks. I check it constantly!
    I warned you! Mine shipped out tonight for delivery tomorrow (7/29) by 3:00 pm! Hope you get yours quickly!
    07-28-10 08:27 PM
    good choice. I have both... one for work (bold 9650 on verizon) and the iphone on att. However, to those who mentions BB's emailing is lacking i def. dont agree. BB email may be truncated but it is sooo much quicker than Apple's. apple's email sucks! it might look good but it really does suck esp when having an enterprise email and 3 gmails. Iphone 4 has it perks def. Apps, esp the chase app, are gr8. But for people with a purpose and corp. oriented will always prefer BB... And the iphone 4's antenna reception really does suck but i use my bb bold for my more important calls!
    07-28-10 08:38 PM
    However, to those who mentions BB's emailing is lacking i def. dont agree. BB email may be truncated but it is sooo much quicker than Apple's. apple's email sucks! it might look good but it really does suck esp when having an enterprise email and 3 gmails.
    How does it exactly "suck?" Enterprise is push, gmail is push; essentially the same push email as RIM. And iphone giving you native email folder and calendar/contact sync with your Exchange and Gmail accounts without paying $45/month for BES and needing BES server access is gold.

I see fewer differences in function between the 2 than ever now that OS 4 closed the gap. And lets not forget truncation, crappy HTML email, having to download the pictures in the email. Open it on an iphone and it looks just like it does in Outlook- pictures, formatting, etc.

RIM has fallen behind in even email IMO unless you have to use one from your employer, there are better choices even for email. Preference maybe, but features and function the side by side disagrees
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-28-10 at 10:34 PM.
    07-28-10 10:28 PM
    congrats =)
    07-28-10 11:09 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user for quite a few years. I had a 7290 and 8700 through work and then bought my own Bold 9000 and had it hooked up through our BES (work pays for my data plan). Recently they started allowing iPhones to hook up to our work email, contacts, etc. I was going to wait to see what the new 9800 looked like but I decided just to switch. We are a Mac family at home (wife has a Macbook Pro and I have an iMac), wife has an iPhone 3GS and my daughter has an iTouch.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive, which is the hardest part.
    Be strong....lol!
    Congrats on your decision to go Apple.
    07-28-10 11:23 PM
    Nice response, stuaw11. Although I miss the notification customization abilities of the blackberry (and the LED), I've had no real regrets about switching from my Bold 9700 to an iphone 3GS.

BB is a fine platform, but for the moment I find that they've lagged behind on a couple of areas that are important to me.
    07-29-10 08:16 AM
    i ordered mine the other day.. cant wait for it to get here DDDD im so excited.

32GB
    07-29-10 01:47 PM
    I bet it's hard to wait. I couldnt wait a month for my upgrade so I bit the bullet and paid the $200 early UG fee.
    07-29-10 06:02 PM
    I am also making the switch from blackberry to the iP4 and can't wait to get my hands on it later today !!!

Cya BB !!! Hello Apple iP4 !!!
    07-30-10 12:48 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD