As the title says...

I have ben googling these kind of things but theres that many old results and best of from years ago that i need new and fresh opinions... what shoudl every phone have, and what borders on a bit too dodgy... for example the few apps on this recommendation 6 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com ?

Ive downloaded winterboard. Im looking for some really cool games. I know theres programs to watch the football on your phone? premier league? is there any sports apps that are really cool that relate to NHL?

i dont know, if you got a new phone, what simple apps would be the first onto your phone...

Cheers
    01-13-10 12:36 PM
    I just want to ask this. Since it seems that you've jailbroken your phone have you
    checked the 4th and 5th numerics of your serial number to make sure that your
    phone doesn't require a tethered jailbreak everytime you power on or reboot the phone?
    01-13-10 12:57 PM
    Loads of top stuff,

Some games:

Doodle Jump - Very addictive,
    Bejeweled 2,
    Need For Speed Shift,
    Flight Control,
    Field Runners - Can last for hours!
    Peggle,
    Rolando 2,
    Tap Tap - Like guitar hero,

Loads of good games about!

Apps wise depends on what you are after but loads to choose from!
    01-13-10 02:39 PM
    Here are my top 5

1)Urban Spoon=great for finding restaurants near you and also a good use of AR

2)Facebook=Need I say more and push seems to be back

3)Ecofon=The best free twitter app IMHO

4)Around me=Find all sorts of things based of your location

5)Google=The best search engine with voice search.
    01-13-10 04:27 PM
    I just want to ask this. Since it seems that you've jailbroken your phone have you
    checked the 4th and 5th numerics of your serial number to make sure that your
    phone doesn't require a tethered jailbreak everytime you power on or reboot the phone?
    Off topic, but how do you know if it requires a tethered jailbreak..?

and my top apps are the Engadget App, Weather Bug Elite, ESPN ScoreCenter and Paper Toss.
    01-13-10 09:41 PM
    As the title says...

I have ben googling these kind of things but theres that many old results and best of from years ago that i need new and fresh opinions... what shoudl every phone have, and what borders on a bit too dodgy... for example the few apps on this recommendation 6 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com ?

Ive downloaded winterboard. Im looking for some really cool games. I know theres programs to watch the football on your phone? premier league? is there any sports apps that are really cool that relate to NHL?

i dont know, if you got a new phone, what simple apps would be the first onto your phone...

Cheers
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-14-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the recommendations guys, will b sure to check them all out. I'm in the uk so some may not b as good here. My pone does require a tethered jailbreAk but I didn't see that as a problem. Although I had to do a factory reset last night as I couldn't get the Internet working on the phone unless I was using a wi fi connection. Which is a shame coz pro switcher was awesome! Are there any alternatives? And please keep the latest recommended apps comin this is great!

01-14-10 07:23 AM
    Here are my top apps (from UK iTunes)

Tube Deluxe - best tube map/journey planner on the app store
    BeejiveIM - probably the best instant messenger
    National rail - yes expensive but if you travel on national rail often its essential
    Redlaser
    Flixster - you can save favourite cinemas and see all the film times etc.

Top games

Labyrinth and Labyrinth 2
    Doodle jump
    Tap tap revenge 3
    Brothers in arms
    01-24-10 06:22 AM
    fart sound app
    01-24-10 12:23 PM
    is there any sports apps that are really cool that relate to NHL?
    Definitely get "The Hockey News" app. It's awesome. Also try SportsTap for all sports.

I have them both on my Itouch
    01-26-10 11:45 PM
    Here are my top apps (from UK iTunes)

Tube Deluxe - best tube map/journey planner on the app store
    BeejiveIM - probably the best instant messenger
    National rail - yes expensive but if you travel on national rail often its essential
    Redlaser
    Flixster - you can save favourite cinemas and see all the film times etc.

Top games

Labyrinth and Labyrinth 2
    Doodle jump
    Tap tap revenge 3
    Brothers in arms
    I'll have to give this doodle jump a try, everyone has it. A problem I had with Flixster though was that it does not tell you if a movie is closed caption. I can't tell you how many times I get to a theater to find out a planned movie had them. I use fandango basically for that reason alone.

Also to add in, I use:

HomeBudget - best for keeping track of purchases. I use it like a mobile checkbook but and it gives SOOOO much more utility then that.
    Mr. AahH!! - Really fun and has a free demo.

Since your jailbroken you need to get WeatherIcon and Klear Weather Icon Theme. If you turn it on in Winterboard and change the settings in WeatherIcon you can get the weather app icon to change images and temperature for what it actually is outside. I like not having to open it to see whats it is currently like outside.
    01-27-10 07:55 AM
    Since you jailbroke, you should download Installous. There is no point in buying apps, when you can get them for free.

Tweetie 2 - If you use twitter a lot
    Facebook - Duh
    CNN - Best mobile news app
    Pandora - streaming radio
    ESPN ScoreCenter - Live stats (you can get scores pushed to your phone by quarter)
    WHERE - information around you
    NBA Game Time - Live NBA games
    Call of Duty Zombies - really cool game, if you're into that kind of thing. (Only game I had on iPhone)

If you don't know what Installous is:
    hackulo.us announces first official application - Installous! - Hackulous

If you do know what it is, and don't have it:
    Go into Cydia and open the sources, and click add.
    add this into the field that pops up: cydia.hackulo.us

Then go to recently added, and download Installous and the security. Exit Cydia, open Installous, and just search for any app you want. You'll get the hang of it.

Lots more.
    01-28-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD