I think I'm definitely ready to jump back to the iPhone when the new one comes out this summer. OS 4.0 looks to have fixed several issues that I had with my iPhone 3G. I switched to the 9700 about 1.5 months ago and I love it, but I really think the new iPhone will be the best phone on the market by far. Anyone else making the switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 07:52 AM
    I used WinMo phones for a few years and really liked the idea of the iPhone when it first came out. But the first few generations of it have been less than impressive (no 3G at first, limited storage space, lack of basic features like copy/paste and MMS, poor battery life). With all that said I made the switch to BB, first the 9000 and now the 9700.

But I think Apple has finally started to get to a point where they are hitting their stride with the device in terms of hardware and software. If the iPhone HD drops this summer with a 64GB of storage, I will most likely be picking one up too.
    04-09-10 08:23 AM
    selling my 9700 as we speak. had both since november, but the 9700 was used more frequently. but these last few weeks, i found myself using the iphone more. with beta 4.0 loaded, i think its time to sell the bb. i even changed the data plan yesterday
    04-10-10 09:09 AM
    lol donate me a 9700!!
    04-10-10 02:11 PM
    I but I really think the new iPhone will be the best phone on the market by far. Anyone else making the switch?

Well, I am a betting man, but that would not be a hand I would play. Not switching, but moving on to something else.
    04-10-10 02:28 PM
    I'm probably gonna buy a 32gb 3GS within the month and give my 9700 to my sister for her line. The 4.0 release in the upcoming months was the final straw.

04-10-10 02:42 PM
    I'm probably gonna buy a 32gb 3GS within the month and give my 9700 to my sister for her line. The 4.0 release in the upcoming months was the final straw.

Nononoono. You should at least wait for the iPhone 4G in the summer.
    04-10-10 03:26 PM
    Nononoono. You should at least wait for the iPhone 4G in the summer.
    I wanted too, but have really read much that makes me want to stay.
    04-10-10 04:13 PM
    I would wait for the 4G the hardware should be improved quite a bit.

If youre planning to buy a 3GS within a month, its only another 4-6 week wait for the 4th gen!
    04-10-10 04:16 PM

Wait till June for the new iphone....

04-11-10 06:50 PM
    Well, I am a betting man, but that would not be a hand I would play. Not switching, but moving on to something else.
    And since I am one as well, I'd go all-in. It probably will be the best phone on the market; just won't be forever and probably not even for too long.

I actually believe it will be released around July, maybe a week or two into July.
    04-11-10 10:25 PM
    I am sooooo thinking about the 4G! Not as a switch, because my first love is my Berry, but as a companion because the Bberry browser sucks. Of course, if they release the webkit and I like it....who knows.
    Aaaahh, what the h3ll, I'll probably get a 4G anyway.
    04-12-10 02:34 AM
    I'm waiting to see if this will be worth giving up my 9700. I have the 3GS, and it really doesn't convince me to get rid of my new found love for blackberries. Most likely, I'll probably sell my 3GS and take the money from that and buy the new iPhone and still have my 9700.

04-12-10 02:40 AM
    i just sold my 9700 and im thinking about picking up a 3GS now. and probably will pick up the new iphone in the summer also. i just missed the browser on the iphone since i browse way too much from my phone.
    04-12-10 02:45 AM
    I want to see a new design on the phone. Only time will tell.
    04-12-10 02:26 PM
    Yeah, the OS 4.0 looks like they addressed some things that held me back from the iPhone, now what about battery life and having it available on Sprint?
    04-12-10 06:06 PM
    Yeah, the OS 4.0 looks like they addressed some things that held me back from the iPhone, now what about battery life and having it available on Sprint?
    If you're comparing it to your 7290, forget about it. Lmao. I remember that thing would last me a week.
    04-12-10 07:11 PM
    If you're comparing it to your 7290, forget about it. Lmao. I remember that thing would last me a week.
    No, comparing it to modern Blackberrys. I have heard from iphone users that with moderate use a charge won't last a full day, is this true in your experience?
    04-12-10 11:00 PM
    That was one of the reasons my 3G went back. I could not trust it to be there at the end of the day. Here was this gorgeous device, with all the features that had drawn me to it, and I couldn't use it to its full potential one whole day.
    I hope they did something about the battery. But since I'll be using it as a micro notebook it won't matter because I will keep my 9700 as my main device and the 4G as entertainment.
    04-13-10 04:42 AM
    No, comparing it to modern Blackberrys. I have heard from iphone users that with moderate use a charge won't last a full day, is this true in your experience?
    In my experience, it is above average compared to all touchscreen only phones I've used.

Of course, I do not have the brightness at the max, but I head to school around 9am and don't get it back on the charger until 12-13 hours later. Of course your mileage may vary, but I send hundreds of text messages, always browsing, using twitter constantly and about 30 minutes or so of calls.

Honestly, I think making calls on 3G is where most of the issues come into play. I've used it for data only one day and used my BlackBerry for calls and noticed I got about 2 hours (give or take) more in battery life.

So if you're comparing it to phones like the Nexus, Pre, Storm 1/2 (from my experience), you'll find the iPhone to be at minimum, average. For me, it's been above that.
    04-13-10 06:56 AM
    For the sake of balance, battery life seems to be more a screen size issue than any thing. As a comparison, check out this thread on Storm 2 battery life : http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/av...rm-2-a-450121/

- R
    04-13-10 07:46 AM
    There are times I'm burning up a lot of battery doing voice calls, so it's an issue for me. Right now, I'm one of the many waiting for the release of the "Essex" (Bold 9650). I checked out RIM's battery life specs on the 7290 vs the Tour 9630 (the new phone supposedly has the same battery as the Tour) and the Tour actually has better battery life than my dinosaur 7290! (7290; 9 days standby, 4 hrs talk vs Tour; 14 days standby, 5 hrs talk) With Regular work days I get about 2 days on a charge. I know I'll be burning more battery on the new phone using features the 7290 doesn't have (maps, navigation, camera, music player, ect) but it sounds like if I don't go crazy, the "Essex" will last all day.
    My apology's to Jgaspar89 for getting off topic, but Iv'e always liked the iPhone, and I see it getting closer to being usable for me. If the new iPhone addresses all the issues I have with it, and it comes out before the "Essex" I would have a tough choice to make.
    04-13-10 12:00 PM
    Just a caveat - you may want to take those estimated times with a grain of salt. They're never as long as advertised! My 9700 has amazing battery life, but I get two days out of it, two and a half if I'm very conservative.
    04-13-10 02:32 PM
    Exactly... I've had both devices and still have the 7290 and those numbers are bull. First off, the standby doesn't mean anything at all, because you aren't going to have it in standby that long.

The 7290 has lasted a work week with usage. I had my corporate email hooked on and received hundreds of emails a day on it.
    04-13-10 09:50 PM
    I am excited about one new iPhone, but I don't think that it will be the best drive of the summer. I think that with the upcoming Android devices and windows phone 7. The iPhone 4G may get overshadowed for the first time.

04-14-10 02:10 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD