this question is for the apple and non-apple users alike...

bb users take a fair amount of good natured (and not so good natured) ribbing across these forums and the internets from owners of apple products. some even from fellow bb owners. there have been some pretty passionate comments posted, but on the flip side i've seen that a lot of iphone/itouch/ipod users might actually be more defensive and sensitive about criticism of their products than anyone else. could it be because some jesusphone users actually think their device is THE pinnacle? i mean, if you're one of those people that think your apple product actually is the standard for anything with a battery, removable or not, do you seriously believe that and if yes, why so?

i think i know the answer, but would be interested in your thoughts.
    02-21-09 02:54 PM
    Pffft, I think of m iPhone as a handy little phone that pays music and surfs the web. It's kinda neat, kinda useful and generally a cool little toy. I think people need to get over the idea that their techno gizmo of choice makes them better. I got an iPhone because after 2 weeks of waiting past the day my rep said they would have a Storm, I got sick of waiting and went with the other most popular smartphone.

It's just a neat little gadget people, you need a really small ****** to think it makes you anything you weren't before.
    02-21-09 03:11 PM
    Apple is the standard in the touch (phone) market. Why? There is not another phone out, at this time, to be a competitor.

Superior UI, browser, app store, hardware. Come june/july the bar will be raised again : )

When the Pre launches perhaps this will change but until then the iPhone reins supreme.

As a side note most iPhone users are not defined by their phones so don't expect a flame war : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-21-09 at 03:16 PM.
    02-21-09 03:13 PM
    What is coming out in June? The pre is out in April isnt it?
    02-21-09 03:17 PM
    What is coming out in June? The pre is out in April isnt it?
    he's talking about the next iphone coming out this summer.

all these MWC devices and Pre talk will again we left in the rear after apple steals the thunder right back
    02-21-09 03:21 PM
    Hmmm anything new we know about that is worth upgrading, or are we jsut talking about new colors and maybe getting rid of that easy to scratch and slippery plastic back plate?
    02-21-09 03:29 PM
    Hmmm anything new we know about that is worth upgrading, or are we jsut talking about new colors and maybe getting rid of that easy to scratch and slippery plastic back plate?
    Everything is just speculation from different sites but some of the things I've read are: faster processor, new graphics chip (better gaming), more gigs, better camera, HD screen, "they" say all the enhancements should be under the hood.

No news on design. Would be cool though to use the chrome back plate (iPod Touch) but not sure if that interferes with reception.

I do agree with a previous post. I think Apple is going to really out run the competition (Pre) come summer. This should be good for sure.

02-21-09 04:49 PM
    From a non biased view the Pre really doesn't look that great.

I don't even think it will be better than the Storm.

02-21-09 05:24 PM
    there's more to a smart phone than a touch screen, you know that right? if the iphone is the standard in anything i'd have to say it sets the bar for the number of cool (and useless apps) available for smart phones. aside from that the iphone has some glaring functionality omissions that make it more mortal than diety in the smart phone market. it seems like the playing field is pretty level, if you're open minded about it and honest with yourself. then again is that too much to expect from you guys? does it really matter to you that you think when jesus returns iphone users will be the only ones to escape the rapture? lol
    02-21-09 05:27 PM
    From a non biased view the Pre really doesn't look that great.

are you talking aesthetics? I can agree with you on that. Its not the best looking device.

As far as functionality it looks pretty solid from what the videos have shown. They definitely put together a pretty good looking UI.

02-21-09 06:44 PM
    are you talking aesthetics? I can agree with you on that. Its not the best looking device.

As far as functionality it looks pretty solid from what the videos have shown. They definitely put together a pretty good looking UI.

both.. the UI is solid but nothing that makes me want to give up my iPhone
    02-21-09 07:20 PM
    I closed the thread and then you started a new one. My perspective is that you are looking for a flame war. To tell you the truth, whether it's an apple fanboy or not with an iPhone, they don't really argue too much about there device being the best.

You keep saying that apple fan boys are combative and keep saying their device is the be-all-end-all device, but this is far from the truth. Most iPhone users (fanboys included) feel the device is the best for their own needs, not the rest of the world.

Map and jham are both iPhone users and I have not seen them attack anyone, they just state the facts. The user who started the thread I closed was a Blackberry user which makes my point, the only one who calls it the Jesus phone are the ones who dislike the iPhone.

I for one love the fact that apple set a standard for touch screen devices... it forces other companies to do better. Look at the Pre, from everything I've watched (aside from the device physically), it's a beast. That is the true definition of threaded messaging (includes sms, IMs and more).
    02-21-09 07:21 PM
    I'm not being combative and I don't think anyone in the other thread was either, save for the people that attacked the storm even though the thread want about the storm. It seems to me people only lash out when they don't like something that hits close to home, which is the reason this thread was born. I'm actually surprised the other thread was closed because that's pretty mild considering what we put with in the storm forum. Maybe I'm sensitive?

02-21-09 08:54 PM
    poodles, chihuahuas, liberals, hummingbirds and others who are easily offended need not reply

02-21-09 09:38 PM
    Why was this started? Where do you see more iPhone users being more sensitive than others?

Bottom line: Neither is better, depends on your needs/wants in a device.
    02-21-09 09:53 PM
    The iPhone rules!!!111oneoneone

Is this what you wanted to see?
    02-21-09 09:58 PM
    Your either an apple fan or a bb fan. And yes it does depend on your needs.
    02-21-09 09:59 PM
    Where do you see more iPhone users being more sensitive than others?
    Maybe I'm sensitive?

I'm actually surprised the other thread was closed because that's pretty mild considering what we put with in the storm forum. Maybe the mods there aren't as sensitive?

qft

and when did ralph tresvant become a mod??? lol
    02-21-09 11:17 PM
    Busy Bee started the thread because he thought the iPhone users would flip out and start flaming like the Storm fanboys.

Take this thread post it in rants and raves, substitute everything Apple for BB and iPhone for Storm and it would have been an all out fanboy feeding frenzy : )

Those guys have an unhealthy hatred and fixation on the iPhone. It gets dragged into every thread when there is no mention of it.

Somebody says "I hate my Storm it sux! What a POS" it is guaranteed to be met with "get an iPhone if you think its so much better!!" Pretty funny stuff.

02-22-09 01:32 AM
    Busy Bee started the thread because he thought the iPhone users would flip out and start flaming like the Storm fanboys.

Take this thread post it in rants and raves, substitute everything Apple for BB and iPhone for Storm and it would have been an all out fanboy feeding frenzy : )

Those guys have an unhealthy hatred and fixation on the iPhone. It gets dragged into every thread when there is no mention of it.

Somebody says "I hate my Storm it sux! What a POS" it is guaranteed to be met with "get an iPhone if you think its so much better!!" Pretty funny stuff.

So true its almost not funny.. allllmost..
    02-22-09 02:53 AM
    i figured you apple guys would be more open minded given this is a blackberry forum first and foremost and the people here who own an apple product also own a bb product. in my experience those who own multiple devices are usually more objective about the pluses/minuses of each. some people like to compare the storm and that's ok...unless they're people who don't own a storm, never used one, and are just cankerous naysayers that like to stir the pot *coughckcough* ahem ahem...excuse me.

be real, if this were an apple forum i'd likely be banned, spammed to oblivion, and thread locked by now. and the thread would have 400+ posts by apple fanbois pounding their touchscreens or keyboards into oblivion about how god himself impregnated steve jobs by immaculate conception and the jesusphone was born. ...or maybe a sensitive mod would be editing my posts to project their feelings...oh wait... duvi...don't ban me bro! lol

but yeah, it turns out i was right and just as many of you apple guys (even though bb users) are very sensitive about your apples. then you make up excuses like "the only reason you use a bb is because of my job" or "if it weren't for the att network" or some other lame cop out. deep down you know what you pick up when it's time to get work done.

as for the storm folks commenting on the jesusphone, i can guarantee you 95% of the time someone says "get an iphone" its because the op brings up the jesusphone first or a storm naysayer rides in on their big wheel and says the iphone is the shiznit, nothing else compares. it's rather obvious that the apple crew is the one fixated on the storm, otherwise why would they always be the first to bring it up? i can understand the threatened feeling by the apple folks, being that bb has the best messaging platform, best networks, and now they're infringing on the monopoly apple once held on the consumer market by implementing strong multimedia functionality. but why be threatened? the jesusphone is still a nice phone for the young and hip midlife crisis crowd. just kidding! but really, there's room for both. no need to be so sensitive.
    02-22-09 09:10 AM
    Busy Bee. I don't know how many times I have said I HAVE USED THE BLACKBERRY STORM.

Its sort of like dating. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes to know you don't ever want to go out with that person again.

I don't know what threads you are reading but the fanboys 99.9% of the time bring up the iPhone first without being provoked. There's concrete evidence of that already it just takes a quick trip to the rants and raves to see that.

You keep bringing up things about the Apple folks being all defensive yet I have not seen one bit of evidence to support this. Wishful thinking? Sorry to break it to you but the fanboy phenomina has been taken to new heights with the release of the Storm. They are stuffing paper in front of their batteries, vacuuming their phones, taking torx to the screws, disassembling and resealing the phones, returning them 4+ times, installing home made OS's LOL and on and on and on........the list is truly endless. I mean it really is.

Apple owners would never tolerate what the Storm owners are dealing with. Heck iPhone users have filed a class action lawsuit against Apple simply because of the 3g issue.

Imagine if they were given a device that had the issues the Storm has. AT&T would have been burned to the ground and Steve Jobs would have been killed : )

Your looking for a fight and you won't get it. Its like an LG Dare owner coming in here trying to pick a fight. You are embarassing yourself in here. You should quietly slip away before REALLY looking like an arse : )

The Storm isn't even a threat to itself let alone the iPhone so you won't find a flame war breaking out in here. Nice try though : )

Now move along and leave the big boys alone : ) maybe come back when BB catches up in the touch market?

02-22-09 12:43 PM
    that was a long rant ck. was it posted from your itouch or your bb?

like i said, not looking for a flamewar otherwise i'd be headed over to the apple forum were i'd be sure to get nuked. to the contrary its refreshing that this has been a mature discussion for the most part. just aksing a question to a somewhat objective audience as to whether the iphone is worthy of the deity status it seems to have among some people and whether those people are sensitive as a result.

once again, this thread isn't about the storm vs the iphone. i've seen many people trying to choose between the bold and the iphone, the curve and the iphone, etc. but let you tell it, no bb is worthy to be in the same room as the iphone. there i said it...are you happy?
    02-22-09 01:15 PM
    Hey, I'm picking up a sensitive sorta vibe from some people in this thread

02-22-09 01:38 PM
    I've got an iphone 3g and a curve 8310 thats on vodafone. The only reason I didn't get a storm is that the vodafone signal is crap were I live and I didn't like the way the screen moved and felt like it was broken. But I can't compare the two phones cause they are completely different.
    02-22-09 02:26 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD