So I was super excited to Jailbreak my phone using the latest jailbreaking software thru Greenposion. The jailbreaking was a success and I have installed some themes and apps from Cydia, but I can't get some of them to work. I didn't think it was going to be this frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Just 1 example, I have installed Sublime LockHD and it's working but it says that I can use my own light or dark background but I can't get that part to work.

I have WinterBoard installed as well, not really sure what that is or what it does though...

Please help, I'm about to throw this phone out the window!
    02-12-11 10:26 AM
    So I was super excited to Jailbreak my phone using the latest jailbreaking software thru Greenposion. The jailbreaking was a success and I have installed some themes and apps from Cydia, but I can't get some of them to work. I didn't think it was going to be this frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Just 1 example, I have installed Sublime LockHD and it's working but it says that I can use my own light or dark background but I can't get that part to work.

I have WinterBoard installed as well, not really sure what that is or what it does though...

Please help, I'm about to throw this phone out the window!
    Why aren't the apps/themes working? You have to give some specifics here. What exactly is Sublime LockHD? If it's some sort of lock screen, you enable it in WinterBoard.
    02-12-11 10:52 AM
    I just installed Sublime LockHD, just to check it out. It's a Lock screen wallpaper. After you install it you go back to the app in Cydia, select Screen Shots. Down below all of the screen shots, there's a link that you Copy and Past into Safari browser and configure it in there. But first you go into Winterboard and select it as your wallpaper.

I'm not crazy about it and I'll probably uninstall it. I just like to try different things out on my JB iPhone.

I hope this helps.
    jenny70 likes this.
    02-12-11 11:36 AM
    You also need to instal Installous : How to Install Installous - Hackulous

That gives you access to loads of apps free.

Also for jailbreaking (for any other readers) goto jailbreakme.com on your iphone, it does it there and then on the phone itself, no playing around downloading software etc. Takes around 2 minutes!
    02-13-11 04:40 AM
    Installous is for hacked Apple Store apps. Not stuff people should do. Support the Devs. JailbreakMe is for older IOS firmware. Not something that can be used with IOS 4.1 and above
    jenny70 likes this.
    02-13-11 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD