So i just got done watching some of Bwana.tv's stuff on youtube, im currently downloading redsn0w to JB my iphone, im wondering what others take on the EFF stuff is, is it REALLY a bad idea to jailbreak your phone now, and if its not, why isnt it?

Thanks!!!!

Shawn
    07-18-09 10:05 PM
    i've been doing lots of reading on jailbreaking, mainly becuase i too am being tempted, and have been since getting my iphone. i think i'm going to wait for now. i'm seeing some issues with push notifications, some apps arent working quite well, and with 3.1 around the corner, unless you dont upgrade, you'll have to do it all over again anyway. thats just me though. but i do think at some point i'm gonna do it though.
    07-18-09 11:16 PM
    It really isn't that big of a deal. It's a simple procedure to do and if you really want some of the options that jailbreaking offers, then go for it. If for whatever reason you do not like the jailbreak, just restore and you're back to normal ipsw 3.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:38 PM
    I say go for it. I didn't even know about the Electronic Frontier Foundation's proposal to legalize jailbreaking until I read your post. I think it would be a good idea, even if it was "illegal".

I bought this phone. I want to make it my own. All applications I use are free, and honestly, without jailbreaking, the phone's functionality is severely hampered in my humble opinion.

I know this has been the reason a lot of folks don't buy (and a big reason people flame) an iPhone. You gotta hack it to make it do things that any other smart phone does out of the box, but honestly, it isn't that difficult to do, and I've had no problems at all installing Cydia apps. My phone runs as smooth as silk.

I never thought I would be typing this, but a jailbroken iPhone is the best phone I have ever owned, period. (I'm sorry, Bold....you're a very close second.)
    Last edited by kaioken92; 07-19-09 at 01:57 AM.
    07-18-09 11:45 PM
    Naw,

There every reason to Jailbreak your iPhone. The availability of a bigger selection of apps is a big thumbs up. Loss of no unjailbroken features thumbs up. Customizable themes! And being able to use it on any SIM provider.. Good Luck and Have Fun with your soon to be jailbroken iPhone!
    07-20-09 05:06 PM
    I'm jailbroken and unlocked with my 3gs using tmobile and everything works great. Cydia has great customizations for your iPhone. Push MMS etc are all good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 05:18 PM
    Make it Rain :P
    07-21-09 03:25 PM
    i've been doing lots of reading on jailbreaking, mainly becuase i too am being tempted, and have been since getting my iphone. i think i'm going to wait for now. i'm seeing some issues with push notifications, some apps arent working quite well, and with 3.1 around the corner, unless you dont upgrade, you'll have to do it all over again anyway. thats just me though. but i do think at some point i'm gonna do it though.
    3.1 isn't around the corner. The 2nd beta of 3.1 was just released. Generally there is 4-5 betas per update and if they stay true to their release history you'll likely see 3.1 around September.

Jailbreak away.
    07-21-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD